JaeLeus
    JaeLeus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 932

PINNACLE SPORTS - system messed up or what? Need help.

Hello SBR,

I would like to thank those who is putting the time to read the following: I want to know if some of you who are using Pinnacle, if any of you have encountered this problem. By the way, the fact that Pinny does not have a phone number or live chat to call is beyond my understanding to such a large corporation involving with money. Anyhow, here is what happened.

I made a bet on the Canucks last night on the money line at -140. Subsequently, when the game ended I was not paid my bet, and in fact, was refunded my bet amount. I found it extremely weird because after contacting their atrocious support e-mail, they continuously were adamant stating that I betted on the Canucks at regulation. I kept on telling them that if that was the case, why would pinny return my bet amount? Also, why would regulation be at -140? (they wouldn't answer to those two question I stated in my e-mail with them).

They further stated they talked with their "hockey department" and told me that after investigation, they continued to be adamant about me betting on regulation, when my ticket clearly states moneyline at -140.

If you had read up to this point, I want to thank you again. Pinny has stopped replying to my e-mails, therefore I wanted to look elsewhere to clear some light. I am not expecting Pinny to honor my winning, but I just want to shed some light on what has happened, which I am incredibly surprised by the lack of support and the full fledge bullshit they are giving me.

That being said, I have been on Pinny for the last three years with no problem, however, this problem is clearly a system issue and they refuse to accept that.

I have posted two pictures here of the ticket. I want you guys to see for yourself and please tell me what you see wrong here.

Thanks again, I hope some of you can chime in

I couldn't attach one of the screenshot on here as the resolution is too big and I didn't want to rescale it. The link provided is from onedrive that I uploaded the photo there.

Jae

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cpng
    Attached Images  

Pinocchio
    Pinocchio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8101

Pinnacle does not know what the term moneyline means. Happened to me too a few years ago. My team won, but not in regulation. I did not get any refund. Misleading terminology, I bet they do it on purpose.

JaeLeus

That is so messed up. What if I was betting in the thousands? You would think these guys would know their terminology. If I had betted on regulation, wouldn't I be coughing up my initial bet? It just does not make any sense to me.

So what did you end up doing Pinocchio? Did you just suck it up? Or moved on to another site?

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Pinny screwed up and should pay out

It's nice that they refund losing regulation bets though

JaeLeus

Haha exactly, they should right? They totally fxked up and refuses to pay winnings. That's why I'm so frusterated. It's the lack of integrity here. Not the winning.

Anyone can suggest another site? bet365?

tytan33
    tytan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1662

Speaking as someone that bets on hockey regularly at Pinnacle it looks to me like they did everything fine. I'm not trying to upset you JaeLueus but just trying to explain what probably happened. Pinnacle offers two choices for NHL games. There is a market for games including OT called "NHL OT Included" and a separate market for games "NHL Regular Time". Based on the ticket image you posted, you made a bet in the "NHL Regular Time" market on Vancouver.

At Pinnacle the "NHL Regular Time" market has two bet types for every game. A handicap bet type (i.e. spread bet) or a moneyline bet. Both of these bet types are for the result at the end of the third period. It is important to note that the moneyline bet has only two options. The home team or the away team. There is no draw option. In other words if the score is tied at the end of the third period then the bet is a "push" and all bets are refunded. For last night's Canucks/Oilers game, the score was 1-1 at the end of the third so it is a push on the regulation moneyline and pinnacle did the correct thing by refunding your bet.

So just two be clear, at Pinnacle there are two different moneylines - one for the "OT Included" market and one for the "Regular Time" market. In both cases it is a moneyline with only 2 options - home or away. The "OT Included" moneyline can't push because NHL games can't end in ties, but the "Regular Time" moneyline can push if the game is tied at the end of the third.

I suspect you accidentally went in to the Regular Time market (cause the links for the two markets are side by side at Pinnacle) and you saw moneyline and thought you were getting the OT included moneyline but were in fact getting the regular time moneyline.

So the answer to your two questions that Pinny wouldn't answer for you are:

1. They refunded your bet because it was a push on the regulation moneyline since the game was 1-1 at the end of regulation (i.e. 3rd period).
    2. The Canucks were -140 on the regulation moneyline because they were the favorite and this was only a two way moneyline in regulation, not a 3way moneyline with a draw option.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Cheers!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: prolexus

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

lol what an idiot, bets a full time ML and thinks its OT included heh?

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Ahh tytan's post makes sense now. You guys are talking about the "draw no bet" market we have in Europe. I've never heard of it being referred to as "no OT moneyline" though. If that's the case then yeah it was a push.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Betting on Pinnacle for several years, never had problems with terminology or their system.