hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hels' Hockey Talk/Pics

New season among us and I am ready to kick some ass.
    I have been betting for 12 years now and only the last couple years have I started to learn/read/analyse/trail etc. etc. and stop the ass raping that books can do to you.

I haven't really introduced myself here so I'll throw in a couple of lines. Grew up in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario and went to the same high school that Gretzky went too (the Dunn) and actually sat in the same desk as he did one year in geography class... Obsessed with hockey and have played my whole life... however, living in Australia now and they just think hockey is for the crazy's LOL... I'm 25 and you're probably wondering how I started betting when I was 13. Well, me and my buddy had a couple of workers at corner stores who would let us play pro-line. I still remembered getting asked how old I was and I would say 13, and one lady was like, "at least you're honest," and from then on she was our main go to. We would always play $2 parlays (as the tickets made you pick between 3-6 games). I don't think I would ever play a ticket that would pay out less than about $40 so you can imagine how many winners I had. I had one big winner with NFL. They had special Point Spread tickets that you could parlay between 2-12 teams where 2 teams paid out 2.00, 3 teams paid out 6 times etc. etc. Well I had 8 teams at a $2 bet and somehow they all won and I got $300. But pro-line odds were shit where O/U paid 1.6/1.8, 1.7/1.7, 1.5/1.9 etc. So ya, I've probably lost quite a bit over the years and am currently still a losing player nearing break even. My goal for this season is to finish anywhere at even or above. I'm posting all my pics in this thread but would also like to talk/discuss hockey. I miss turning on Sportsdesk (now sadly called Sportscentre) and the first 15 minutes all being hockey hilights.

Talking picks I've read the system thread about chasing 3 game road trips. I really like what I'm hearing and will most likely begin tailing when the system starts. Other than that, I'm just number crunching, reading, analysing and making smart plays.

First up -- October 1, 2009

$110 to win $40 Washington +1.5
    $50 to win $35 Toronto including OT
    $50 to win $35 Vancouver +0.5 in regulation

ps. I am a Leafs fan, but that isn't influencing my above pick. I just think they had a solid preseason and should come out on top playing at home opening the season.
    Last edited by hels; 10-01-09 at 07:29 AM.

xxx
    xxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28282

hope you have a great season hels and like your piks for tonight. am just concern for washington goaltending out the gate especially if theodore is out there.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Agreed. It's been confirmed that Theodore is starting making this game a no-play for me. Boston could easily squeeze a 2-goal victory if Thomas stands tall.

hels

I'm loving the Leafs/Canadiens game.... although 1-0 Montreal there's already been 2 fights in the first 10 minutes of the game

I guess I jumped too early on the Caps but hopefully they can hold on and play some solid D.

Oh, and the Leafs just tied it up!!!!!

hels

Okay, first night didn't start off the most swell and I took night 2 off.
    I realised that I probably forced some action making 3 plays out of 4 games on night 1. I should focus harder on the best games and not get carried away with playing too much too often.

I was looking at the Leafs/Caps games and I am expecting the Caps to blow the Leafs out but I'm seeing others playing the Buds and am second guessing myself. For this reason I'll stay away and see how the game goes and learn from the outcome. I see a 4-1, 5-1 or 5-2 victory for Washington and have a hard time seeing the Leafs even being a competitor. I am a diehard Leafs fan, but looking objectively, I have my doubts this season. They appeared to have alot of independant team play where players appeared out to prove themselves as a person and not as someone who's adding to the team.

My plays for tonight:
    Preds/Stars was 2-2 last season with the home team always winning in regulation. Both teams had poor seasons and neither made huge movements in the offseason. Stars will take this one

Sharks/Ducks met first round in the playoffs last year with the Ducks upsetting the Sharks. There has been a big loss to the Ducks blueline with Pronger and Beauchamin going which is definitely going to be noticeabe especially with Lupul day to day with a sore back and Sbisa still developing. The sharks showed poor defensive play and are sloppy all around. I see many goals being scored here

Edmonton at home. Nuff said against the flames.

$30 to win $90 Stars-1.5
    $40 to win $40 Sharks/Ducks Over
    $50 to win $60 Edmonton in Regulation
    $30 to win $20 LA SU
    Last edited by hels; 10-03-09 at 07:04 PM.

hels

Haven't started out the greatest, but I'm doing extremely well in NFL and in Aussie sports (AFL and NRL -- but both seasons just ended).

The start of the season I knw is the toughest and I really need to focus on just a couple games each day.

I think the Canucks are going to open up today and route the Jackets. I can't see the Jackets scoring more than a goal and the Canucks will grind it out at home.

I've got 2 bets on the game tonight:

$40 to win $72 Canucks-1.5
    $40 to win $64 Canucks SU and U5.5

hels

Season has gone to shit so far.... pretty much the worst start possible I think.... Oh well, I can't quit yet as it's still so early and still so much time left. I know I"m posting late and of course anyone can question the validity of my picks but I'll be more than happy to take screenshots and post them. $20 to win $60 Pittsburg-1.5 $40 to win $80 Tor/Pitts O6.5 $20 to win $56 Ottawa-1.5 $10 to win $50 -- Edm/Mon 05.5 + LA/StL O5.5 + Minn/SJ O5.5

hels

finally had a good night winning all buy my parlay. I went by my gut feelings and was definitely successful and happy to have a decent night.

For Sunday I am going to play the Vancouver/Dallas game. Both teams started poorly Dallas 0-2 and Vancouver 0-3. This was exceptionally odd for Vancouver as they are expected to win the division and make good distance in the playoffs. However, both teams had large wins in their last games and played impressive hockey. With Vancouver at home and their offence finally clicking they are going to have a huge game Sunday and teach Dallas they aren't to be messed with. I see this being a 5-1 or 5-2 game Vancouver game. ONe play:

$40 to win $110 Nucks-1.5

hels

Am planning on making quite a few larger plays tomorrow.... any input on these games would be greatly appreciated!!

I can't see the Leafs winning or even being close tomorrow. The Rangers have one 4 in a row and the Leafs are in disarray.

Sens/Pens U5.5 Across all sports it is fairly typical of 2 of the top teams to play tighter defensively and not open up. This is especially apparent early in the season and I expect this game will be lots of dump/chase, grinding hockey.

The Isles to pick up their first win. 3 OT losses against the Sens, Pens and Bruins. These are all impressive teams and playing at home they should take the Kings.... thinking about taking them to win in regulation.

Update on today's pick of the Canucks-1.5
    Obviously down 1-0 right now on an own goal and Turco absolutely making a beauty pad save. As well, 3 penalty's in the first 10 minutes have been pretty sick also. Hopefully they'll come out of the first 1-1

hels

Okay, made 3 picks for today...

Why I change my mind sometimes I dunno but I know I have to start believing in my first thoughts.

I played $40 on the Isles over LA and since the game is finished LA 2-1 NY that was a
    I changed my mind on the Leafs and put $30 on them at Tor+1.5
    and I played Pens/Sens U5.5 $40 to win $80

Hope everyone has a great evening back in Canada... just being over in the OZ it's tough for me to get my picks/posts in on time as it's 9:00 a.m. right now

hels

and the Leafs+1.5 is $30 to win $45

hels

Made 2 more plays tonight and feeling confident.

Preds/Oilers go to OT $20 to win $86
    Flames/Hawks U5.5 $40 to win $82