The Colonel
    The Colonel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Money Management Strategies

Hey,

I'm just wondering what money management strategies you guys adopt. IE % amount of your bankroll maximum invested per day, maximum % per play and so on.

If there are any good articles could you please point me in the direction of them.

My money management is something that I am really trying to tighten up in 2008.

Thanks in advance.

Colonel

success
    success's Avatar Become A Pro!

1. Max single play should never be greater than 5% of your bankroll.

2. For me, max total daily risk will be capped at 20% of bankroll.

3. Stay away from teasers and parlays.

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a little more gamble in me, but I keep it in check at 10% of my bankroll per bet or 10% of my bankroll at risk per day. More importantly, don't double down on the betting amount after sustaining a loss. It's a quick way to go busto when losing streaks occur and it does happen sooner or later.

The Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    I have a little more gamble in me, but I keep it in check at 10% of my bankroll per bet or 10% of my bankroll at risk per day. More importantly, don't double down on the betting amount after sustaining a loss. It's a quick way to go busto when losing streaks occur and it does happen sooner or later.
    Both those responses are higher than I would have imagined for a daily maximum. Is there any reason why you came to those figures?

Destroyer
    Destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Both those responses are higher than I would have imagined for a daily maximum. Is there any reason why you came to those figures?

It's mainly because I don't bet as often or as much. I'm mostly an NFL action junkie. So, it's usually 1 bet per week. After the NFL season is over, it's vacation time until the next season. I'll occassionally bet on NBA games, but for much smaller amounts. I think the more you bet, the more chances your profits will diminish, break even, or worst, lose.

The Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    It's mainly because I don't bet as often or as much. I'm mostly an NFL action junkie. So, it's usually 1 bet per week. After the NFL season is over, it's vacation time until the next season. I'll occassionally bet on NBA games, but for much smaller amounts. I think the more you bet, the more chances your profits will diminish, break even, or worst, lose.
    Fair enough. I'm mostly on NBA, College Ball and baseball so 10% seemed a lot in a day.

thebigguy
    thebigguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 % bank on each bet for me.

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet 1-2 % / play and can bet up to 20% for the day.