TonyDiamond
    TonyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday CFB "Best Bet"

South Carolina –6.5 (-7.0) over North Carolina
    Both teams have played close to the same schedule strength this year so far. Against the schedule South Carolina is outscoring their opponents by 8 point per game while N. Carolina is minus 7 points per game to their opponents. N. Carolina is 2-4 coming into this game and S. Carolina is 5-1 SU and 4-1 against the spread. N. Carolina could be in a “let down situation” coming off their upset win over Miami Florida last week. They could also be looking ahead to Wake Forest next week, while S. Carolina has Vanderbilt nest week, a team they historically handle easily. S. Carolina played within 12 points of powerhouse LSU and beat the high powered offense of Kentucky by 15 points last week. They have two spread wins on the road this year, 16-12 at Georgia as a 4 point dog and 16-28 at LSU as a 17.5 point dog. They are 5-2 as a road favorite in the past 7 situations. South Carolina has an extra 2 days rest this week as their last game was on 10/4 while NC played on 10/6…This was one of our “early beat the line move” plays at –6.5…Some books have moved it to 7 so you might want to consider buying the ½ if you wish…..
    South Carolina by 18.0

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with your play Tony. I fully expect a Gamecock's let down game in this spot.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I respectfully disagree with your play Tony. I fully expect a Gamecock's let down game in this spot.
    Dan,

Playing last Thursday against UK gives South Carolina a couple of extra days to prepare. For the most part, Spurrier has won the games he's been favored to win since he came to USC.

I think UNC's upset of Miami last week will help Spurrier keep the Gamecocks on track as they go to Tobacco Road today. Or at least, I hope so!

If both teams play as well as they can, USC wins and covers the spread. If not, UNC can easily cover and an outright win by the Heels is not out of the question.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tarheels by 3 for the upset

claggart
    claggart's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the USC pick here as well. UNC is very erratic. Remember, they're an exceedingly young team, coming off a very big win, which is usually a recipe for disaster. USC has the extra rest, and if you look back at the UM game, it was really a tough second half for UNC. That being said, UNC did play UVA tough, but that doesn't tell me much, other than the fact that UVA was looking ahead.

USC has been very good, and right now, I think Spurrier has the team focused. I really think USC wins by a couple of touchdowns, and I have made this my best bet in the contest. UNC is like the jumpshot--live and die by it.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i think SC should destroy them, but i decided not to play it because, almost everyone is on SC, yet the line hasn't moved much all week, another game that i haven't understood is kansas/baylor, baylor should cover if not win maybe, but the public has been close to 50% on baylor, yet the line kept going up.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

SC is on a 10-1 ATS streak on the road under Spurrier facing a NC team playing 11 freshman!! SC has the one of the top pass defenses in CFB and NC only rushes for 104 ypg. If the Gamecocks can corral Kentucky then NC is in trouble! Look for turnovers to fuel a road win for Spurrier and Co. SC 34
    NC 16