qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why NOT bet Rutgers??

Someone please convince me not to bet against Louisville tomorrow. This seems like such an easy one.

and please noone tell me that the easy ones are always the hardest or whatever...

i want legitimate reasons.

fishtot
    fishtot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4082

because the spread crossed the 0 and we have a new fav, tells you everythiing you need

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

in 2 road games for rutgers they couldnt beat unc with a +5 in the turnover category, and also the game at syracuse they frankly were very lucky to beat a team who while they may be 4-2 is a complete fraud (actually had rutgers in this game). rutgers "big" home win against pitt doesnt even look like an average one at this point.

louisville has covered 3 outta 4 and seems to be playing better. the non cover came when they were in an awful spot after a Rivalry win at kentucky against marshall, an embarrassing loss at home SU. they were actually in the game against unc and cincinnati on the road, both way better teams then rutgers.

the reason im not willing to give rutgers as much credit for being in the game against unc is that they were PLUS 5 in turnovers and still lost and were badly outgained.
    basically unc did all they could to lose and still managed to win. louisville is a team thats getting better every week, rutgers has peaked already.

only real argument you could make for rutgers is that they are 5-1 and louisville is 2-4, which is actually not a terrible one since the spread is a tossup pretty much, id still rather go with the ville though.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played it on impulse alone... no GREAT reason to choose them but I did... I hope this doesn't add to my loss column this week.
    Rutgers is 5-1 ATS 5-1 straight up
    Louisville cant score (averages only 16 pts to Rutgers 30) both teams have stout defenses.
    Only common opponent is UNC who both teams lost to.
    Louisville has been a home favorite 3 times this year and lost all 3 (2 SU 3 ATS) They have both gone under all but 1 game... meh Under seems like a play also... meh I should look more into this but I am lockin it in +1.5 (such a bad/quick play but yeah well... pray for me)

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Lousiville is a major disappointment this season. They are 2-4 S/U, their wins coming against FCS Murray State and Kentucky. They are 1-2 S/U at home. They even lost to non AQ Marshall. Three of their 4 losses were by 7 points. The 4th was by 9 points.

Rutgers is 5-1 S/U this season. A win guarantees them a bowl bid. Their only loss was a two point loss at UNC. They are also 4-1 ATS. They are also 6-1 ATS with revenge against under .500 conference opponents.

Most of you guys who are going to wager on this game will do so because it is one of two on T.V. tonight, and you guys have to have some action on any game on T.V. Books love this. If this game were being played tomorrow, it would not get a quarter of the action it will get tonight. If you must wager, take Rutgers. Just remember that we are talking about Big Least teams here, and anything can happen.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I don't think playing Rutgers is bad at all...if UCF didn't choke last night I would have put the winnings on this game today. It comes down to scoring and Louisville cannot score the ball to save their lives.

qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think ill make a small play on rutgers.. though trinity brings up valid points, this one looks too easy to pass. i would hate to not bet it looking so easy then it comes out just i thought... i can take a loss in this one tho if so be it.