Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post

Yeah don't you know. An in shape, motivated BJ Penn has the best wrestling (both freestyle and greco)/greatest hands/ best BJJ/ best chin/ best muy thai plum/ best judo. Its just impossible to measure any of it, because he isn't motivated enough to show it. So ignore any and all fights that point to the contrary.

Its weird being on the other side of the argument now. I really could have sworn Penn fans were excited for him to return to 155 because it forced him to actually be in shape, and that his conditioning looked far better at 155 then 170. I actually agree with that too, the 155 Penn had amazing cardio in comparison. I think the 170 Penn is going to be in for a very long night against Fitch.
    It'll be interesting to see what happens if Maynard beats Edgar. I think BJ beats him and loses again to Edgar who then loses to Grey who loses to BJ...

playa420
    playa420's Avatar Become A Pro!

im going with maynard -145, maynards wrestling is too strong, and the fight is gonna be like the first one with gray keeping it close on the feet and grinding it out with takedowns.

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    Yeah don't you know. An in shape, motivated BJ Penn has the best wrestling (both freestyle and greco)/greatest hands/ best BJJ/ best chin/ best muy thai plum/ best judo. Its just impossible to measure any of it, because he isn't motivated enough to show it. So ignore any and all fights that point to the contrary.

Its weird being on the other side of the argument now. I really could have sworn Penn fans were excited for him to return to 155 because it forced him to actually be in shape, and that his conditioning looked far better at 155 then 170. I actually agree with that too, the 155 Penn had amazing cardio in comparison. I think the 170 Penn is going to be in for a very long night against Fitch.
    didn't say bj had the best everything( although how can you say he doesn't have a good chin?)

MRDOG
    MRDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going with Maynard ...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think people are discounting Frankie Edgar once again. I may be proven very wrong but I think Maynard is overhyped. I thought he lost to Diaz and benefited from Kenny Florian pussying out and refusing to engage. Edgar keeps improving fight after fight and I will keep pounding him as long as he remains an underdog.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln73 View Post
    I think people are discounting Frankie Edgar once again. I may be proven very wrong but I think Maynard is overhyped. I thought he lost to Diaz and benefited from Kenny Florian pussying out and refusing to engage. Edgar keeps improving fight after fight and I will keep pounding him as long as he remains an underdog.
    I get that feeling too.

But more importantly i see no value in Maynard at -160 (or whatever it is).

Betting the champ as a dog isn't the worst bet you can make imo. Its still fighting after all, nothing is 100%.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    didn't say bj had the best everything( although how can you say he doesn't have a good chin?)
    He has a ridiculously good chin

First 12