gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Id have to watch it again but I recall Catone getting the better of the striking for most parts of round 1 and 2, he was landing uppercuts in the clinch and over hand rights...not a lot but more than Camozzi was landing....Camozzi's corner men clearly said to him tht he needed to go big in tht last round because he was down...they knew he wasnt landing anything substantial and not throwing any combinations
    I thought it was very close before the takedowns. Would be interested to see the fight metrics for that card, but I thought significant strikes were nose-to-nose. I thought he lost the rounds, too, but only 'cos of the late takedowns. I'm sure that's why his corner thought he was down, too. That the first 2 rounds ended on the feet, either rounds could really go either way IMO, and with shitty judging, they might have given a round or two to Camozzi, takedowns included. So ya can't be sure Catone would have won had it gone the distance. Had it not been stopped, I personally think Camozzi was about to KO him.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Catone wasn't that close to victory. The first two rounds could have gone either way and Camozzi could have possibly won a 30-27, a la Igor Pokrajac... The late takedowns Catone scored were what likely secured him the rounds, but it was very close, and can't guarantee that the judges would give him the rounds for those late takedowns.

not one mma site out there had anything other than the first two rounds for catone (outside of one sherdog judge of the 3 who had it one round a piece), mma mania, bloody elbow, mma fighting, mma junkie - and anyone else sensible enough to score correctly - scored the first two rounds for catone, easily. He was getting the better of the striking imo landing the way bigger and more effective shots and obviously the sealed the deal with the late take downs.

Catone was one his way to a UD, its really not hard to see and any sensible judge just as every site had it for catone going into the 3rd. Camozzi backers got lucky from the cut, imo. Catone was the right play and wins that fight almost every time it plays out, just bad luck for catone backers and bad karma for me.

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    not one mma site out there had anything other than the first two rounds for catone (outside of one sherdog judge of the 3 who had it one round a piece), mma mania, bloody elbow, mma fighting, mma junkie - and anyone else sensible enough to score correctly - scored the first two rounds for catone, easily. He was getting the better of the striking imo landing the way bigger and more effective shots and obviously the sealed the deal with the late take downs.

Catone was one his way to a UD, its really not hard to see and any sensible judge just as every site had it for catone going into the 3rd. Camozzi backers got lucky from the cut, imo. Catone was the right play and wins that fight almost every time it plays out, just bad luck for catone backers and bad karma for me.
    MMA websites scored Maldonado over Pokrajac, hense why I said a la Maldonado vs Pokrajac.

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    MMA websites scored Maldonado over Pokrajac, hense why I said a la Maldonado vs Pokrajac.
    fair enough I hear you... I'm just disagreeing in that it was a close fight up to that point, it was pretty clear cut in catone's favor.

everyone has their opinion and a loss is a loss, so I'm not making excuses it was legit and was a nasty cut, and he was getting ****** up those first 30 seconds. I just think it really wasn't close going into the 3rd and think catone was winning that fight, i disagree that it was close going into the 3rd as you claim. Its just a bitter win for me under these circumstances, not jujst befcause I was a jackass trying to fool with camozzi, but because catone was imo clearly on his way to a UD had he survived the last 3 minutes, which I think he would have had the doc not stopped it as I don't think camozzi was gonna ko him with strikes in the 3rd. It blows but what can you do...

First ... 9101112