TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

I didn't say he is done, I said he is done until he proves otherwise, which he did. I didn't rule out the possibility of him winning.

I thought Cung Le was the best bet and I stand by that. He was winning on the judges scorecards, for sure. Thinking he was the best bet doesn't mean I thought he was going to win. If I thought he was going to win, I would have included him as a pick. I sometimes include coin-flip fights as picks, but only when the value is good. (such as Tom Lawlor against Weidman) but the value for Le wasn't good, so I didn't include him as a pick, and only made a personal bet on him 'cos I was rooting for him. Don't see why this is hard to understand.
    Cung was winning on points -- and unfortunately he panicked when he saw he was bleeding. Silva saw that and pounced on him. Gotta give it Silva -- he's a VICIOUS finisher. When he sees your rocked -- he goes for the kill.

Also Cung rocked Silva the 1st round and didn't go for the kill. That was his biggest mistake IMO.

ReBEL`LiON
    ReBEL`LiON's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

@ gabe

dude it's not that big of a deal. defending yourself to the death.

you have decent picks but your reasoning seems off. I wouldn't base it on MMAth but to each their own i guess if it's giving you some success.

ReBEL`LiON

take that shit to sherdog if u wanna argue with some other morons

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Rebel Lion, you obviously like a certain type of fighter. Nostalgia and bias can be very negative emotions to have when gambling. No way Big Nog wins here. Machida is a longshot as well. Be happy with Nog getting the Schaub win before he retires and Wandy getting a W last weekend.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dude, should be encouraging guys to bet on Nog so we Mir backers get a better line closer to the fight! Really hoping Mir gets down to -200 by fight time

proposition joe
    proposition joe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Dude, should be encouraging guys to bet on Nog so we Mir backers get a better line closer to the fight! Really hoping Mir gets down to -200 by fight time
    I'm just happy I got him at -255, hes -275 now on my book.

-200 would be a gift from above

ReBEL`LiON

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
    Rebel Lion, you obviously like a certain type of fighter. Nostalgia and bias can be very negative emotions to have when gambling. No way Big Nog wins here. Machida is a longshot as well. Be happy with Nog getting the Schaub win before he retires and Wandy getting a W last weekend.
    i do. frank mir is an overconfident douche and he has a huge head. nog has alot of heart and that's the big difference. no bias or nostalgia here.

do i think frank mir will win? yeah he can win but no way am i betting on him.
    am i confident nogueira will win this fight? hell no but I'll take em at those odds.

just throwing out my 2 cents for anyone else capping this fight. I've hit bets that were +800, +600, even as much as +2600. and if you want better odds for frank, then im doing you a favor.

I started out gambling on other sports but when it comes to MMA, how I see it is, high risk high reward so I hardly ever bet favorites.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    guys betting on heads -150 is great odds. Everyone knows heads is the favorite side of the quarter!
    LOL

gabe
    Screamin' Eagles
    gabe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Cung was winning on points -- and unfortunately he panicked when he saw he was bleeding. Silva saw that and pounced on him. Gotta give it Silva -- he's a VICIOUS finisher. When he sees your rocked -- he goes for the kill.

Also Cung rocked Silva the 1st round and didn't go for the kill. That was his biggest mistake IMO.
    I agree 100%

mmaed
    mmaed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5003

Some points about Nog/Mir. Nog had knee and hip surgery. He also pushed his recovery to fight in Brazil. He may not have been fully recovered for that fight. Provided he did not reinjure himself he may be fully recovered for this fight. Mir beat him before by outstriking him. With his hips/knees improved he may have better mobility. If Nog has better Mobility he should be able to strike better. I am not saying he will win. I personally favor Mir, just not by much. Add in the fact that they are both heavyweights and can therefore hit very hard + both have gone down quite a few times before and you have a fight with too many variables for me to bet.

I think Constantinos might have a little trouble with Jared Hamman. Constantinos is a boxer. Hamman's grappling ability is pretty impressive and he also has a very good chin. I think Hamman should be able to survive on the feet long enough with Constantinos to get the fight to the ground where he has a distinct advantage.

I am thinking Hallman might be a little bit too much on the ground for Makdessi. Makdessi is just starting out in MMA, transitioning over from Kickboxing. He has a great camp( Zahabi), but Hallman is a beast. Hallman is moving down, he looks like he is on TRT now as well. Don't flame me please. He was doing ok in his fight with John Howard before he got tko'd. He also went into the Ebersole fight with a very injured elbow. Even then, his grappling ability really shined.

I'll also be taking Hominick over the Korean Zombie if the line is decent.

First 12