rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Game 2 in Flushing, The Phils WILL SCORE tonight.

PHI -230 (Halladay) @ NYM +190 (Misch), o/u7.5, PHI -1.5 -140
    Looking for redemption tonight in Flushing, NY, the Philadelphia Phillies turn to Roy Halladay to get them back in the win column. For the second time in as many starts, the Phillies managed to score zero runs in a Cole Hamels start, both of which to the NY Mets, and bot 1-0 losses. Hamels has been fantastic for the Phils as well as Roy Halladay, but the Phillies have just really struggled to score for the guys.
    In the last four games at the expansive Citi Field, the Phils have scored a combined zero runs. It’s really almost becoming comedic how much trouble they have scoring runs at the hated Mets.
    But, of late, the Phils have really started to finally get Doc some support. They have won his last 4 starts, the last of which a 6-5 victory at home against the Mets, and 6 of his last 7.
    Halladay (15-9, 2.34) is on track once again to receive votes for his league’s Cy Young award. He has issued only 22 free passes on the season to 168 strikeouts, which ranks among the leaders in the National League.
    Tonight at 710pm he faces the Mets, who got to him a little bit in his last outing, touching him up for 9 hits and 5 earned in 7 innings of work; however, the Phils managed to get him the win on that night when he struck out 10 Met batters. Halladay has 6 career starts against the Mets and has faired pretty well, posting a 4-2 lifetime mark, and only allowed 20 earned in 40 innings. Not too bad against a team that has lately had a consistent, successful offense.
    The Phils will be looking for more of the same from their starting rotation tonight, and hope that they can get some runs on the board for once in Citi Field, a place that they really seem to press to bang out some wins. Last night Hamels gave them enough again to win, just like his last outing, but the Phils failed to support him.
    I believe that the streak will be broken tonight now that the hangover from the amazing 4 run 8th and 9th inning to beat the Dodgers on Thursday night. The Phils will get the Doc some support once again and coast to victory tonight.
    The oddsmakers believe in that as well, which is clear from the amount of juice laying on that PHI money line. Also, at -140, the run line seems to be the pick here.
    Pat Misch (0-0, 0.00) gets the ball for the Mets tonight. There is no line on the guy for this 2010 campaign and he will get thrown right into the fire as the Mets look for their second straight victory at home against the Phillies. Every game from here on out is a must win for the Mets, who haven’t quite yet called it a season. They will look for a little magic from a basic unknown, as Pat takes on one of the league’s best. Misch does have 2 career starts against the Phillies and 6 appearances, with some fairly unimpressive numbers. In 17.2 innings of work, the lefty out of Western MI has an ERA of 5.09, allowing 10 earned on 14 hits, 4 homers, but did manage nearly a strikeout per inning.
    He clearly will need his best stuff tonight if he is to get the Mets another victory against the rival Philadelphia Phillies.
    Tonight is the night for the Phillies and the over.

NL East Watch:
    LOS +117 (Lilly) @ ATL -137 (Lowe): The Braves get another tough matchup tonight after coming away with the close win Friday night. They head into action tonight with a 3 game division lead.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Laying -230 on a team that might not show up for his ace is retarded.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Juice is sick on the ML, I have them on a parlay though that will hopefully hit.

rthoughton

I clearly did not lay a bet on the Phils ML. because, as it was so eloquently put, "is retarded."
    I have the Phils -1.5 as well as the ML in my major parlay of the day.
    Thanks for assuming Im stupid, though. 'preesh.

whiteout2713
    whiteout2713's Avatar Become A Pro!

still pissed that cole hamels gets zero run support almost constantly

rthoughton

you and me both, homes. It's ridiculous.