1. #1
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 45,864
    Betpoints: 27980

    Climeat Chainge Protetors

    One for Roy Bacon.

    School teachers have apparently encouraged students to skip school to join an anti climate change protest in Sydney today.

    Newspapers having a field day calling out the teachers over their students spelling ability



    https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e8c032822cefb4

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  2. #2
    Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-15-16
    Posts: 1,483
    Betpoints: 1120

    Best be teaching some of those kids to flip hamberders soon.
    Points Awarded:

    Lenny Zefflin gave Nitrogen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.


  3. #3
    shari91
    forum@sportsbookreview.com
    shari91's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,302
    Betpoints: 10195

    How embarrassing!

    They're protesting in Melb too. If it wasn't a school day it'd be interesting to see how many actually showed up.

  4. #4
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 30,180
    Betpoints: 3128

    To be fair the aussies talk funny, why wouldn't they spell funny?

  5. #5
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 26,267
    Betpoints: 925

    Talk about a systemic problem...

    Have nooo problem with the majority of teachers being far left. But the right needs more than just the coach representing the right. These kids only hear one view point, one side of the argument.

    By looking at those signs one wonders if their far left masters are focusing on the correct subject matter.

  6. #6
    Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 8,191
    Betpoints: 9936

    If I remember right, australians are protesting climate change due to 2018 temperatures in the 110 to 120 degree F range:

    Across large areas of Australia, temperatures hit life-threatening levels. Penrith, a suburb of Sydney, reached 47.3 degrees Celsius on Sunday, or just over 117 degrees Fahrenheit. It was the hottest day on record in Penrith, according to the Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales, and the hottest anywhere in the Sydney area since 1939, when a temperature of 47.8 degrees — 118 degrees Fahrenheit — set a record that still stands.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/07/w...heat-wave.html

    .

    I'm expecting to suffer when summer hits. Would be nice if this global warming thing was all fake. But I'm expecting the coming summmer to be worse than the last one.

  7. #7
    sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-12
    Posts: 9,295
    Betpoints: 131

    Do you mean global warming?

    Are you a "hot earther" opti?

  8. #8
    sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-09-12
    Posts: 9,295
    Betpoints: 131

    Climate change/global warming...lol

    One of the greatest hoaxes of all time...with all of the information readily available at our fingertips, we have people all over the world remaining willfully ignorant.

    Anyone know anything about Tavistock? There are many victims in our little political subforum here at sbr...

  9. #9
    Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-30-13
    Posts: 8,191
    Betpoints: 9936

    Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Climate change/global warming...lol

    One of the greatest hoaxes of all time...with all of the information readily available at our fingertips, we have people all over the world remaining willfully ignorant.
    This is how climate change should be defined~

    #1 Trees are one of our primary natural methods of sequestering (see: storing) carbon. Forests act as natural carbon sinks, over the course of their lives trees absorb and store many trillions of tons of carbon.

    #2 Climate change is caused by 50% to 80% of the world's natural rainforests being cut down and replaced by concrete heat islands which absorb and retain heat over time.

    Deforestation is @ fault.

    People are correct that the emissions explanation is lame.

  10. #10
    BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-13-09
    Posts: 6,031
    Betpoints: 24

    JFC Opti! You misspelled all 3 words in the title lol.
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave BigOrange 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/14/2020

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/10/2020

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/17/2020

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  11. #11
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 8,507
    Betpoints: 3811

    So long as they all spell equally bad Liberals are happy. Equality of outcome achieved.

  12. #12
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 6,753
    Betpoints: 1718

    A couple of kids misspelled a couple of words on their signs. That's definitely a Smocking gun that climate change isn't real. It's a good thing these kids aren't in charge of the most powerful country in the world. Do you think Trump could beat these kids in a Spelling Bee? How bad do you think Trump's spelling would be if it weren't for spellcheck? And he STILL makes dozens of mistakes all the time. He misspelled his own's wife's name for chrissake! 10 Points to the first person that can find the spelling mistake in the tweet below:

  13. #13
    DABOOK
    At The Spectrum
    DABOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-02-11
    Posts: 3,622
    Betpoints: 16935

    K. Why is Trump cutting billion$ from education ?

  14. #14
    RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-21-05
    Posts: 26,267
    Betpoints: 925

    Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    K. Why is Trump cutting billion$ from education ?
    Everything is on the table. Your boya left us $20 trillion in debt. Remember?

  15. #15
    maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-21-13
    Posts: 5,888
    Betpoints: 6581

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    A couple of kids misspelled a couple of words on their signs. That's definitely a Smocking gun that climate change isn't real. It's a good thing these kids aren't in charge of the most powerful country in the world. Do you think Trump could beat these kids in a Spelling Bee? How bad do you think Trump's spelling would be if it weren't for spellcheck? And he STILL makes dozens of mistakes all the time. He misspelled his own's wife's name for chrissake! 10 Points to the first person that can find the spelling mistake in the tweet below:
    Sorry
    I can't look at the tweet until I figure out what a "Smocking gun" is

    Illiterate people shouldn't make fun of other illiterate people
    That's in the Bible

  16. #16
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 6,753
    Betpoints: 1718

    Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Sorry
    I can't look at the tweet until I figure out what a "Smocking gun" is


    Illiterate people shouldn't make fun of other illiterate people
    That's in the Bible
    Agreed, they shouldn't. I'm still trying to figure out what a Smocking gun is as well. Maybe if you see Trump use it in a sentence you'll be able to figure it out.

    Do you really think I'm as dumb as Trump is?
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 03-14-19 at 11:19 AM.

  17. #17
    maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-21-13
    Posts: 5,888
    Betpoints: 6581

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Agreed, they shouldn't. I'm still trying to figure out what a Smocking gun is as well. Maybe if you see Trump use it in a sentence you'll be able to figure it out.

    Do you really think I'm as dumb as Trump is?
    So he is just as illiterate as you are???
    Congrats
    You win

  18. #18
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 6,753
    Betpoints: 1718

    Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    So he is just as illiterate as you are???
    Congrats
    You win
    You still think I wrote Smocking by mistake? Why in the hell do you think I capitalized it in the first place? I realize Trump thinks everyone is as dumb as he is... but not everyone is. I know that's hard for some people to believe.

  19. #19
    maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-21-13
    Posts: 5,888
    Betpoints: 6581

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    You still think I wrote Smocking by mistake? Why in the hell do you think I capitalized it in the first place? I realize Trump thinks everyone is as dumb as he is... but not everyone is. I know that's hard for some people to believe.
    As usual, I have no idea what you are trying to point out
    I have said countless times that Trump is an idiot
    If you purposely misspelled that word then so be it
    A quick review of your post history certainly shows you have your fair share of problems with the English language
    I think the point being made by the thread that it is ironic that schoolteachers let their students out of school to protest when it is quite obvious that their time might be better spent teaching them how to read and write

    Carry on

  20. #20
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 6,753
    Betpoints: 1718

    Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    As usual, I have no idea what you are trying to point out
    I have said countless times that Trump is an idiot
    If you purposely misspelled that word then so be it
    A quick review of your post history certainly shows you have your fair share of problems with the English language
    I think the point being made by the thread that it is ironic that schoolteachers let their students out of school to protest when it is quite obvious that their time might be better spent teaching them how to read and write

    Carry on
    Of course you don't.

    As do you.

  21. #21
    dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 11,729
    Betpoints: 834

    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    JFC Opti! You misspelled all 3 words in the title lol.
    He was being ironical

  22. #22
    Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-09-08
    Posts: 15,056
    Betpoints: 179

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    A couple of kids misspelled a couple of words on their signs. That's definitely a Smocking gun that climate change isn't real. It's a good thing these kids aren't in charge of the most powerful country in the world. Do you think Trump could beat these kids in a Spelling Bee? How bad do you think Trump's spelling would be if it weren't for spellcheck? And he STILL makes dozens of mistakes all the time. He misspelled his own's wife's name for chrissake! 10 Points to the first person that can find the spelling mistake in the tweet below:
    Maybe Trump is BeantownJim. Jim was the only person i knew who used as many caps as Trump does.

  23. #23
    keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-04-15
    Posts: 4,176
    Betpoints: 77

    Erebody shut up. Y’all dum too.

  24. #24
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 8,507
    Betpoints: 3811

    Quote Originally Posted by DABOOK View Post
    K. Why is Trump cutting billion$ from education ?
    Because education should be funded and taught locally. It is not the Feds responsibility to pay for and to educate. My taxes paid in MN or FL should not go to CA education and bi lingual / bi sexual studies.

    Each region or community can tax and teachbwhat they feel is prudent.

  25. #25
    darrell74
    Mush=Players Talk posted plays
    darrell74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-16-07
    Posts: 13,361
    Betpoints: 111

    There's more misspelling, in this thread, than when I drunk post

  26. #26
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,196

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Talk about a systemic problem...

    Have nooo problem with the majority of teachers being far left. But the right needs more than just the coach representing the right. These kids only hear one view point, one side of the argument.

    By looking at those signs one wonders if their far left masters are focusing on the correct subject matter.
    The only subject matter is talking points. Most of these fools don’t learn anything except the key talking points to bring up, and what to write on the signs. Rarely do they learn anything of substance.

  27. #27
    Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 30,196

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    You still think I wrote Smocking by mistake? Why in the hell do you think I capitalized it in the first place? I realize Trump thinks everyone is as dumb as he is... but not everyone is. I know that's hard for some people to believe.
    I’d bet he can spell smoking. Autocorrect likes to fill in dumb shit sometimes. Still, his dumbass should proofread, but something tells me he doesn’t really care that he spelled a couple words wrong, or used the wrong spelling of a word.

  28. #28
    rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-05-09
    Posts: 30,180
    Betpoints: 3128

    Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post

    Sorry
    I can't look at the tweet until I figure out what a "Smocking gun" is

    Illiterate people shouldn't make fun of other illiterate people
    That's in the Bible
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    You still think I wrote Smocking by mistake? Why in the hell do you think I capitalized it in the first place? I realize Trump thinks everyone is as dumb as he is... but not everyone is. I know that's hard for some people to believe.
    oh margaret.......

  29. #29
    JohnGalt2341
    THE BLOOM ON THE ROSE IS OFT NOT WET
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 6,753
    Betpoints: 1718

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I’d bet he can spell smoking. Autocorrect likes to fill in dumb shit sometimes. Still, his dumbass should proofread, but something tells me he doesn’t really care that he spelled a couple words wrong, or used the wrong spelling of a word.
    If he had to spell it in a Spelling Bee I would probably set the odds at:

    -150 He spells it correctly
    +130 He spells it incorrectly

    I'd probably give the same odds to your average 5th grader. I'm not saying those lines are sharp but it's probably not too far off. What would you set it at? If spellcheck didn't exist I'm pretty sure everyone would have a pretty good idea of what a terrible speller he actually is. Everybody knows that he's not well read(I'd bet everything I own that he's never read a single thing ever about climate change being real). All the best spellers that I've ever met in my entire life are all people that are voracious readers. Odds that Trump could spell Voracious. +150 He Could, -170 He couldn't. Once again, I'd give the same odds to your average 5th grader.

Top