Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

My Personal Athlete Tidbits Thread

"Steph Curry's second wind comes from his ability to rapidly lower his heart rate during short breaks, even in the middle of games," ESPN's David Fleming writes. "It's something he trains his body to do.

"Once he's out of breath at the end of most workouts, Curry lies on his back, and [personal trainer Brandon] Payne places sandbag weights below his rib cage in order to overload, and train, Curry's diaphragm.

"Through conditioning and breathing techniques like this, Curry can often coax his heart rate below 80 during one 90-second timeout."

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Unknown to most, the Curry and Rivers families are related. Steph’s brother, Seth Curry married Doc’s daughter Callie Rivers, who is a former professional volleyball player. The two ended up getting married in September of 2019.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    "Through conditioning and breathing techniques like this, Curry can often coax his heart rate below 80 during one 90-second timeout."
    Shit, 90 seconds, that's nothing. I keep my heart rate below 80 for month long intervals.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Breathing is an art.