newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Great coaching by Ravens on last play

Lines up to punt. Tells every player to hold. Punter runs out clock while every Bengal is trying to get out of hold. Not defensive penalty so no time extension. Genius. I was on wrong side of game but love seeing smart coaching like that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

game was over anyway

good call though

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

It wasn't though coach. 11 seconds left. A kick return and at least 1 Hail Mary chance were essentially nullified by good coaching. I agree odds are low of bengals converting there but they are above zero and coaching made them zero. I appreciate that.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

All the idiotic coaching moves we have seen to lose games....that was brilliant.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

I know - that was terrific - goes to show you there are still things out there we have not seen before.

What if ? on these end of the game plays with like 25 seconds to go and no timeouts - play is down the middle - made the first down - why not just turn and burn a lateral out of bounds to stop the clock. It would save about 15 seconds over getting tackled and spiking it?
    Last edited by BuckyOne; 11-27-16 at 07:21 PM.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

definitely gonna generate a rule change. competition committee won't reward a team for using penalties to win game. but genius by harbaugh

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Great move by Harabugh. Fouts didn't know the rule, he instantly said "Cincinnati will get an untimed down." Wrong.

Gundy did the same in Okla. State game but he didn't know the rule, then got burned by the refs not knowing the rule.