greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Mike Miller anyone?

Maybe I'm way off base here, but I don't think I am.

A dog shitting on himself is better offense than the Cavs can muster at the moment. You have James going ISO on every damn play because he knows Iman and JR are literally shitting in their cereal here and Moz is the only one with a respectable offensive game. It was a complete embarrassment watching the offense work during the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter when they could have made a run and taken a commanding lead.

Mike Miller is an NBA player, yes I know he's a shell of his former self and all of that good stuff, he's still an NBA player, an NBA player that the Cavs wanted on their team. His only use is the outside shot, which NO one on the team, including James seems competent at. Totally aware he can't guard for shit, but the other 4 guys can and they can mask his shortcomings. Like David Lee being the spark GS was looking for, Miller should definitely fit that role for Cleveland.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Agreed!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I mean at this point, the Cavs are so tired and depleted

you NEED to find a way to sneak in some minutes here and there for everyone on that Cavs bench

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

He is Jimmy Caan in Misery. HOBBLED.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Over Weight, Out of Shape, if he got some consistent Mins could prob hit 2 threes and kill them on the defensive end

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

only way Clev can win another game if they shoot well
    The poor shooting finally caught up with them

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19249

Lebron does like Mike Miller and will pass him the ball. This is a perfect example of a coach who did not play his bench to have them be available in the playoffs. Of course, two major injuries is a factor - Not only that but Blat doesn't even trust the other 4 starters and the offense they have.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Miller can barely walk.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

You still have cavs in 6 prop.

greenhippo

I do. But after seeing those opening minutes of the 4th quarter I feel like GS in 6 is more likely than anything.

jjgold

The bottom line Cleveland does not have any good shooters and I bet that changes next year

BuckyOne

It would if Blatt would play them. Shooters need to shoot - they need to play. JR Smith can shoot but he was 0-8 from 3 point range last night. If Love and Irving would be playing we wouldn't even be talking about this - shooters wouldn't be the issue. Cleveland shot bad as a team last night - everybody - freaking 33% - 14% from 3 pt range. Lebron also shot badly.

F 40:55 7-22 1-4 5-10 -15 2 10 12 8 5 0 2 0 20

36 shots and scored 20 points - Cleveland just had a bad game except for Mozgov - maybe the GSW defended well and it is a rush to judgement to say everybody on Cleveland's team is a bad shooter? Maybe, Cleveland has forced the ball to LeBron too much and they need to trust their normal offense more???

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miller's back is made of tin foil.

I played golf with Jimmy Kaan a couple years ago. That guy is an absolute physical mess. His left foot is permanently broken, he took off his shoe at dinner after the round and no one could eat after.

He was hitting on the 24yr old waitress relentlessly, she had no idea who he was and she was not into it but he had some great lines!y fav was when he said "hey you know I can look at a lot better than I look right now, I can shave, I can start working out and eating better, c'mon, what time are you off?"

Just classic.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

GH - I think Miller is toast. I understand people have said this for years... and he has come through before... but he really does like awful out there. Nothing Cavs can really do.

greenhippo

At this point don't they have to at least try though? As a team they shot under 15%, fifteen! From outside the paint. I, honest to god, would have shot better than that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

He might be good for about 3 minutes. I think this is his final year. I don't think any team will sign him.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Miller's back is made of tin foil.

I played golf with Jimmy Kaan a couple years ago. That guy is an absolute physical mess. His left foot is permanently broken, he took off his shoe at dinner after the round and no one could eat after.

He was hitting on the 24yr old waitress relentlessly, she had no idea who he was and she was not into it but he had some great lines!y fav was when he said "hey you know I can look at a lot better than I look right now, I can shave, I can start working out and eating better, c'mon, what time are you off?"

Just classic.
    Lol.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    It would if Blatt would play them. Shooters need to shoot - they need to play. JR Smith can shoot but he was 0-8 from 3 point range last night. If Love and Irving would be playing we wouldn't even be talking about this - shooters wouldn't be the issue. Cleveland shot bad as a team last night - everybody - freaking 33% - 14% from 3 pt range. Lebron also shot badly.

F 40:55 7-22 1-4 5-10 -15 2 10 12 8 5 0 2 0 20

36 shots and scored 20 points - Cleveland just had a bad game except for Mozgov - maybe the GSW defended well and it is a rush to judgement to say everybody on Cleveland's team is a bad shooter? Maybe, Cleveland has forced the ball to LeBron too much and they need to trust their normal offense more???
    36 shots? In what universe do free throws count as shots attempted? Also you do realise 3 point attempts are included in the shots attempted? He shot 7-22 overall not from 2 point range.

20 points on 22 shots still isn't great but my goodness I'll always be amazed by how clueless posters are on this site.

jjgold

Cleveland has to go to a two-man game between James and to center and just keep the score real low

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I wish Joe Harris can play some defense

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15155

I'm more of a Ronnie Brewer fan!

jjgold

Golden State has 11 good players Cleveland might have tops three

greenhippo

Only Cavs player with a + during game 5. Hit his only shot. Would have hit more shots if they got him the ball.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Mozgovs minutes need to get back to where they were at game four, and Def need to get some fresh blood in tonight's game. Miller should be given some action too.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

He would get absolutely destroyed on the defensive end. If he plays for more than 2 minutes the Warriors will go on a huge run with him on the court.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    He might be good for about 3 minutes. I think this is his final year. I don't think any team will sign him.
    Exactly. The last 2- 2 1/2 minutes in the quarter is long enough.

He runs like an old lineman.

BuckyOne

Maybe, when Klay Thompson takes a break?

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Mike Miller is done he needs to retire. Another wasted roster spot for the Cavaliers and so is Kendrick Perkins and Shawn Marion.