1. #1
    boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-10
    Posts: 9,705
    Betpoints: 55

    "Andrew Wiggins has a kingdom awaiting him; the road paved with gold begins tonight."

    Last edited by boeing power; 11-12-13 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Thanks for the spelling edit mod

  2. #2
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,599
    Betpoints: 12

    Starting to feel sorry for this kid.

  3. #3
    boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-10
    Posts: 9,705
    Betpoints: 55

    Chalky,

    Don't feel sorry for him, he's the best prospect since Lebron.

  4. #4
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,599
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Chalky,

    Don't feel sorry for him, he's the best prospect since Lebron.
    Durant was the best prospect since LeBron. Davis was the best prospect since Durant.

    Wiggins only compares to LeBron in athleticism, but people read that as: "wiggins is the next LeBron"

    As such, there is no way he lives up to the hype. Especially because he went through high school relying solely on his athleticism and not understanding the finer points of the game. He can't just power through people in college. As such, he will struggle until he figures it out. Everyone like him does.

    I would be shocked if Randle doesn't get taken first. Randle is the best Freshman since Davis. Wiggins is young though, so there is that.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 11-12-13 at 02:17 PM.

  5. #5
    k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-16-10
    Posts: 16,857
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    Chalky,

    Don't feel sorry for him, he's the best prospect since Lebron.
    What about Durant?

    He won't even average 25 a game like he did.

    Maybe another Darius Miles/Stromile Swift in the making. You never.
    But I guess when you end up on a bad team and get minutes you'll put up "numbers"

  6. #6
    JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-27-12
    Posts: 1,140

    Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Durant was the best prospect since LeBron. Davis was the best prospect since Durant.

    Wiggins only compares to LeBron in athleticism, but people read that as: "wiggins is the next LeBron"

    As such, there is no way he lives up to the hype. Especially because he went through high school relying solely on his athleticism and not understanding the finer points of the game. He can't just power through people in college. As such, he will struggle until he figures it out. Everyone like him does.

    I would be shocked if Randle doesn't get taken first. Randle is the best Freshman since Davis. Wiggins is young though, so there is that.
    Are you trolling ? (honest question) Or are you actually mistaking Randle for Wiggins?

    I highly doubt Lebron had the all-around game when he came out of highschool that Wiggins already has. Only problem is the IQ and the demeanor, and there James beats him by a large margin, so does Jabari and Randle (the demeanor part at least).

  7. #7
    No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-18-10
    Posts: 76,310
    Betpoints: 16541

    Let's not get hyperbolic or anything.



    I actually like Parker a little more than Wiggins.

  8. #8
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 343,716
    Betpoints: 411

    I don't watch a lot of college basketball is this early on a season but I will be tuning in tonight

  9. #9
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,599
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    Are you trolling ? (honest question) Or are you actually mistaking Randle for Wiggins?

    I highly doubt Lebron had the all-around game when he came out of highschool that Wiggins already has. Only problem is the IQ and the demeanor, and there James beats him by a large margin, so does Jabari and Randle (the demeanor part at least).
    What part of my post makes you think I am confusing Wiggins and Randle?

    The only Caveat to Randle's game is his age. Meaning his dominance is slightly misleading considering he is older than most Sophomores. Whereas Wiggins is young, even by Freshman standards. He came into last season as a High School Junior and reclassified.

    Without reclassification Wiggins would still be a senior in High School.

  10. #10
    JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-27-12
    Posts: 1,140

    "Wiggins only compares to LeBron in athleticism, but people read that as: "wiggins is the next LeBron"

    As such, there is no way he lives up to the hype. Especially because he went through high school relying solely on his athleticism and not understanding the finer points of the game. He can't just power through people in college. As such, he will struggle until he figures it out. Everyone like him does."


  11. #11
    BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-26-12
    Posts: 889

    kansas wins championship 7-1, worth a shot

  12. #12
    ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-11
    Posts: 9,599
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    kansas wins championship 7-1, worth a shot
    Michigan State and Duke at better than 9-1 ain't bad.

    Already have futures on Arizona at 14-1 and 16-1. $100 each.

    Lousiville at 9.5-1 makes Kansas at 7-1 look foolish.

  13. #13
    k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-16-10
    Posts: 16,857
    Betpoints: 12

    Wiggins not really that impressive so far.

    There was this guys on Sportsnet Canada tv talk show basically deepthroating Wiggins for like an hour saying how we'll be blown away and this and that when he plays at Kansas.

    Still waiting.

    I'd bet a million dollars he won't put Durant Numbers in 1st year college...

  14. #14
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 343,716
    Betpoints: 411

    Parker of Duke is clearly number 1 player in the draft

    He has most upside in nba

  15. #15
    UnderDog_Philip
    UnderDog_Philip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-16-09
    Posts: 181
    Betpoints: 616

    At this point I would pick Marcus Smart before Wiggins. It's gonna be a very interesting NBA draft.

  16. #16
    Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-07
    Posts: 10,113
    Betpoints: 1858

    I believe Wiggins is the best player in the college game right now. Let's not fixated on his PPG......both himself and Bill Self said he wouldn't have gaudy numbers. He's a team guy, and wants to win. A lo of talent around him.

  17. #17
    Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-07
    Posts: 10,113
    Betpoints: 1858

    Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Wiggins not really that impressive so far.

    There was this guys on Sportsnet Canada tv talk show basically deepthroating Wiggins for like an hour saying how we'll be blown away and this and that when he plays at Kansas.

    Still waiting.

    I'd bet a million dollars he won't put Durant Numbers in 1st year college...
    k13.....he's not expected to put up Durant numbers.....he's a different player, in a different situation around better players. I don't know if you remember Durant at Texas, but he did everything by himself....it was difficult to watch at times.

  18. #18
    bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-12
    Posts: 5,180
    Betpoints: 37

    I've been saying Parker is better than Wiggins for a while.

    Wiggins is just an overrated Canadian dude. Americans run basketball and we all know that.


  19. #19
    k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-16-10
    Posts: 16,857
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Wiggins is just an overrated Canadian dude. Americans run basketball and we all know that.
    They are all African. He's a son of an NBA player. He'll be #1 pick.

    If Canada had 50 million Negros and US had 1 million you'd think USA would be "running" basketball...

  20. #20
    Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-25-12
    Posts: 562
    Betpoints: 132

    Too much dikk suckin

  21. #21
    bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-13-12
    Posts: 5,180
    Betpoints: 37

    Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They are all African. He's a son of an NBA player. He'll be #1 pick.

    If Canada had 50 million Negros and US had 1 million you'd think USA would be "running" basketball...
    you're just an all-around hater, as your picture and status implies.
    Now let me use some smiley random face symbols like you:

  22. #22
    Marshall Tito
    Marshall Tito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-12-13
    Posts: 323

    Shouldn't this be in PT mods get to work

  23. #23
    Louisvillekid1
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 51,300
    Betpoints: 540

    If Wiggins doesn't go #1 that GM will be fired in 3 years.

    Randle, Gordon, Parker, Smart all gonna be Very Good/Great NBA Players.

    Randle is the best player in the college game however, 3 college bigs can't stop him from at least getting to the line. Make the defense gameplan nearly impossible.

Top