Originally posted on 10/24/2016:

Been around plenty of middle class junkies in my life and watched them destroy themselves.
Seen awful parenting with them abusing/endangering/abandoning children, stealing from family, committing crimes or whoring out for drugs etc.
I've witnessed mind-boggling situations a crackhead is willing to put themselves in for a fix.

Heres some tough love
10 days isn't an accomplishment.

Admitting you're an addict isn't an accomplishment, you've known for like 10 years apparently.
When someone feels they have done something, they let up. It's the American way.
You can use a 20 point NBA lead in basketball as an example for all the degens here.
Or losing 20 pounds when you need to lose 50 for all the fat bastids.
The leads are blown in the blink of an eye, the weight can be gained back plus more eventually if you lose focus.
The problem with addicts is they want pats on the back and want to feel like they have done something, when they haven't done a thing.
And the programs IMO incorrectly are quick to give praise and make you feel like you've accomplished something.
I believe off-hand you have about a 10-15% chance to quit for good pretty much. I'd guess 99% of people who can go 10 days relapse.
I've seen junkies stuck in jail with no bail who can do 10 days with no problem.
Come back in a year instead of 10 days. A year will be an accomplishment. You'll be in a serious "potential success bracket" at that point.
Right now, all you've done is basically won a coin toss at the beginning of a sporting event.
So ask yourself, how impressive is it winning a coin toss at a football game? It's nothing.

Take care of your kid, do a great job being a dad, beat the odds, and pat yourself on the back 5 years from now

This post will be ridiculed, but its all full of cold hard truth

And the best tip I can give you is no matter you feel, NEVER stop going to meetings. EVER!

Best of luck sir