Originally posted on 09/28/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
Well 44 Mag if Fernandez was in fact driving the boat, talked his 2 friends into coming on the boat with him and he was drunk and being wreckless then who should be to blame? Still no one?

You see things your way, I see them different.. Still need to know all the final facts though.. Perhaps I am jumping the gun... Still, remember 2 other people died and not just Jose Fer...
Jibbby - If Fernandez was driving the boat and was drunk out of his mind, it still would not EVER be called MURDER. Murder by definition is the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another. There is no way you would ever be able to prove that he premeditated killing the 2 other guys by killing himself too. Sorry, you are incorrect.

Now, could he have been irresponsible? At fault? We do not know that yet but he could very well be. You still will not ever be able to prove intent here. In order to prove intent, you would have to prove he wanted to commit suicide too.

This was an accident, plain and simple. It's sad for all involved because Fernandez wasn't making big money, so he probably wasn't insured at a high rate. Who knows how his 2 buddies were financially as well. Their families could probably sue in civil court but unless more details come out, it would be hard to prove. If you get in my car and I am drunk as a skunk. You basically bear responsibility as well unless it's proven that you didn't know.