Originally posted on 08/31/2016:

Hipper was and continues to be good people. One of the better football guys on here too.

It's unfortunate that things went the way they did. Things reached a breaking point for him. He felt as if there was a double standard against which he was being judged.

He knew full well that the thread he made this morning was suicide by mod. Cudi and I tried to talk him off the ledge through syndicate back channels but he had made up his mind.

I think many on here failed to see that most of what hippy said was tongue in cheek social commentary meant to ruffle feathers and get people to think about race relations objectively. Yes he said some things that were somewhat intentionally incendiary but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

He will be missed by many. Fortunately a small group of us have the benefit of being able to enjoy his insight off of the forum.

I'm not attempting to justify the "suicide by mod" hippy committed this morning. He is the monk that set himself aflame in an effort to highlight the injustices that he felt were being reinforced by some of our members. He should be remembered as someone who not only stood for something, but as someone who came to make us think, whether you agreed with him or not.

I hope sbr decides to allow him to return one day but if they don't, he will be remembered.