Originally posted on 10/12/2014:

Before yesterday's games, I would have said FSU -7-8 but ND was sloppy in their game vs. NC and it probably is up to 10-11 now. But I wouldn't take yesterday's games into account too seriously if deciding which side to take....Notre Dame was in a dangerous spot after just winning a big game and another big game to look at the following game. Typical sandwich game and it played out as expected.

If the spread is double digits, I won't think twice about playing the Irish. If you think this is the same defense from Florida State as last year, you're crazy. They've got major holes. Even Syracuse moved the ball on them yesterday with a backup qb pretty easily, only to fail over and over again inside the 10-yard line. This Notre Dame offense can move the football and will score points next week against a shaky Noles defense. I don't think the Irish win because I think their defense has some holes as well that FSU will exploit, but I think they keep it around 31-24 or 35-31.

Notre Dame's a good team, but not a top-4 team. They're still a year away. Just have too much youth right now.