Originally <a href='/showthread.php?p=21811277'>posted</a> on 05/08/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

I never used the word "omnipotent." If you have legitimate gripe, then why are you embellishing the facts with falsehoods? I also never claimed magical powers. I have powers that are peculiar to this forum. That's all I'm saying. A few members have met their demise recently and I've played a major role in all of it. It's not "ratting out" if it's a crucial part of my responsibilities with which I've been entrusted.

I wouldn't even overstay my welcome on this subject, but everyone and their mother jumps out of the bushes, ready to sling arrows in my general direction at the first pronouncement of my role in the matter. I guess the fact that a non-pro, with less than 2000 posts to his credit, can make the quantum leap to mod status frightens them. It doesn't compute with their current paradigm.

Maybe I should have never said anything. Even Shari has told me, in private, that I've been a bit too "out there" with my recent promotion and that some things should be kept in secret. I'm learning on the fly though. A few members will be cast aside like garbage as I learn all of the cockpit functions. Guys like L-Kid and 5mike5 are just casualties of war. Stay out of the crosshairs and you can expect you days here at SBR to continue unabated.

The New Order is real. I've been manipulating things behind the scenes since I arrived and now they've given me the reins. Excuse me if I feel like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait to cut a few more guys. InTheDrink won't make it til September. He's been a nuisance for far too long. I'm building a case right now for the staff to review. I had him dead to rights a short time ago, but there was a loophole that allowed him to see another day. Shari was nice enough to point that out. Otherwise, he was as good as gone.
Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

Whatever you need to say to prop yourself up, be my guest. We could all benefit from the occasional group therapy. These investigations are not costly of mind or money. I simply snap my fingers and beckon the staff. If you think you're too cool for school, we can see about that. It's not about vendettas, but there are those who always want to cast doubt and throw stones. Do so if you like... I'm not running for office. My place in the forum is already secure.

There is probably a bit of misunderstanding in regards to what you call "magical powers." Beyond SBR, and conventional science, I've gained access to certain "doors" or portals of consciousness that I have channeled into handicapping to some degree. We all have the ability to gain access to these doors, but few ever do for a variety of reasons.

At the risk of sounding like someone who's gone off the deep end, I can routinely summon up an extra-dimensional being who allows me quick glimpses into the near future. It has less to do with "magic," and more to do with aligning oneself with spiritual currents that flow threw grids both in the cosmos and here on earth. Time doesn't exist. Even Einstein said so. So if you can tap into alternate frequencies that vibrate on a different channel you can see what we often perceive as "the future."

There is a sacred symmetry that forms the basis of everything we see in the natural world. By meditating deeply on this during certain lunar phases, a secret squirrel visits me. It's name is "Nutterfingers." I have been given certain gifts of foresight through this secret squirrel. In fact my last 26 games have gone an astounding 26-0 under his guidance. I'm really not allowed to profit in any extreme measure by these gifts, or risk breaking the spell. I won't get long-winded about it, but I can get a winner about an hour or so before the game.

I know this probably raises a zillion questions, but like I said, it comes with certain stipulations. To be motivated by sheer greed or self-aggrandizement would break the spell. The intent has to be pure.

Case in point..... I had a vision during the Nets/Raptors series. I can't recall exactly what game it was, but I started a thread about it. "Nutterfingers" gave a hint shortly before tipoff and, against my better judgement, I shared it with the forum. To start things off, I couldn't even submit the thread, and I rarely have difficulties with this site or computer. That was the first sign I should have recognized. Nutterfingers obviously didn't want this information out for public consumption. After several tries, I got it posted. I took the Over in the game. The first 3 quarters were a mess, but I never lost hope because Nutterfingers had never lost.

I was getting heckled until the 4th quarter when things started to change. Long story short, a sixty-something point 4th quarter and I hit the Over. In hindsight, I almost broke the spell because of the thread I started. It was mostly self serving. In the end, I won $50 but donated it out of guilt. I spent $20 on food for a homeless couple on the street and gave the other $30 to a local animal shelter. I think the fact that it was sooooo close to going under the total was a clear message to me that my heart wasn't pure.

That's why I don't post picks a whole lot. I do my own handicapping outside of the "visions" and that's all fair game, but the Nutterfingers picks are sacred ground I mustn't trespass. 26-0 to date. Nobody will believe it, but I'm not looking for accolades.

My personal picks hit at a much more modest clip, but I digress. The whole thing with SBR is that it's another feather in my cap on the way to the top. The detractors will be plenty, but I won't be denied. D2D's you just keep doing your thing, and I'll do mine. But there's really no sense in tugging on my cape right now. I'm in the zone. You can poke and prod all you want to, but there's no getting at me. Say the wrong thing and you may find yourself on the scrap heap of forgotten souls.