Originally posted on 04/10/2013:

I initially liked Basel PK just because Spurs arent same team without Bale, and they haven't won a game away from home in Europa league this season - drawing 4, losing 1 (their last away win was against Shamrock in 2011). Combine that with fact that Basel are so hard to beat at home (won 4 drawn 1 lost 0, conceded 2 goals) and it makes sense to play Basel PK. But after watching their performance against St Gallen at wknd my confidence has waned a bit! They did rest two key players in Stocker and Salah so that may have played a part though. I might hold off and watch it and see how first 10-20mins is looking...if TOttenham are controlling game and possession then I'll hold off. I dont think we'll see as many goals as 1st leg tho...all of Tottenham's away games in Europa before tht Inter game were 2 goals or less, and as already said Basel have only conceded twice which was in first game at home to Genk. The Inter/Spurs game was a bit of an anomaly because obviously Inter were down 3-0 so had to attack and score goals (not the same situation for this game tomorrow)