Originally posted on 10/28/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
Could have sworn Obama said he was going to unite us??

There are times one party needs to obstruct and this is certainly one of them. You may recall Obama controlled the House and Senate in his first two years. Republicans were then elected in droves to stop his pork barrel stimulus. You may also recall Obama did not even pass a budget because he was unwilling to negotiate a budget. He is not a King. Congress was elected in 2010 to stop his w reckless spending. If he ever wants to pass an agenda HE is the one who has to scrap higher taxes and agree to cut spending.

Your information is not even close to being correct. You're either getting your information from liars or you're not remembering recent history very well. That information is available.

Also, look up the (R) cloture/philibuster numbers over the past 3+ years and compare those numbers to history. Look at who shut down legislation. Who wants to work with who? You have (R) leadership in congress saying 'our only job is to make sure Obama is a 1 term president' and then basically said 'f you' to every American.
Further
I don't know the term when you have a house that's worth 100k, you (Republicans in this metaphor) tell the buyer it's actually worth 500k. The buyer asks if you'd take 200k for the house - and the seller says 'nope, 300k or no deal'. That's not negotiating in good faith and it's impossible to work with that type of seller, if you catch my metaphor.
The Dems are giving Republicans MORE than they ask for in budget cuts (fact, easily researchable) and the Republicans turn THAT down and say 'well we want you to cut off funding for x or y and cut more.'

Sorry man, I don't know where you're getting your information from, but it's flawed, biased and completely incorrect. There are just 'news' sources that provide news and you can parse your own facts and figure out how no matter what, both parties are f'n you - it's just one just held the country hostage for years and put politics over people being out of work. To me, that's why I'm leaving the (R) party after this election. The party is a joke and right wing media is not helping anything.