NBA 2011-2012 Regular Season Recap 3/17/2012

3 - 4 - 1 = -1.4x

NBA 2011-2012 Season

105 - 91 = +12.05x

An extremely disappointing day from an investing point of view, but a fun day partying with family friends. I was expected at worst a 5-3 type day and instead a meaningless, undefended 3 ball at the buzzer, combined with a push on Denver and 130 point 2h in Dallas was too much to overcome. We just are not getting the breaks you have to get to succeed in this business. This bad run reminds me of last season's MLB when I suffered bad beat after bad beat for the entire month of July which dropped my unit count from about +27x to about +14x. Ask Redscot about last July and he will cringe as almost every loss was attributable to a late inning rally or last pitch homerun or some other unbelievably horrific ending. However, after that horrible month of July and a rocky start to August, we caught fire in the final month of the season and playoffs to take us from that +14x level all the way up to final tally of +43x. I'm certainly hoping we don't have to suffer through a full month of bad beats like last July, but this little recap illustrates why (1) you need to practice proper money management in order to keep your head above water during the bad streaks and (2) you always remember that this is a long term investment which means you can't get too high or too low until the final day of the season. This has been a horrible weak of tough beats, but as long as we continue to work hard, the wins will come around. It's just a matter of when, not if. Good luck on Sunday.