TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Memento View Post
    This doesn't really make a lot of sense given that $ orders are purchased via cash or cash equivalency (debit card). I can't imagine a bank denying a cashier's check after 30 days....I think they are good for 180. Never had an issue with $ orders at my bank.
    If your bnk accepts them that's fine. I've never bounced a chk in my personal acct in my life. "A" credit in regards to banking procedures. I'm well known at my bnk as well. Eyes get wider when you continuously throw $ orders in your acct. It's even better if you could deposit them through the ATM instead of with a teller. Some machines won't accept them though.

Just use your procedure wisely. A bnk can refuse any deposit at any time for any reason. Don't get me wrong... I'm glad it's working for you.

hello1234567
    hello1234567's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2222

Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by hello1234567 View Post
    For BitPay, is it OK to have a lot of transactions loaded onto the card? For instance, loading over $20K over a period of a two months. Will it trigger any flags to them?

What is the most volume anyone have ever loaded onto the card with no problems?

TheMoneyShot

Bump!
    There's no telling what that would trigger. Not too many people have that kind of cash to load it 10k + 10k in 60 days.

But again... according to what the disclaimer said....

Max limit at any time on card is 25k

Max Load in any 24 hour period is 10k

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Why are people so worried about what's going to throw up a flag and what's not? Just use the card half you guys only have $20 balances anyways

EricLegend
    EricLegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 913

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    Why are people so worried about what's going to throw up a flag and what's not? Just use the card half you guys only have $20 balances anyways
    Speak for yourself

hello1234567

I use this card as my primary way to get cash from my Bitcoins withdrawal. I want to continue to use it as long as I could. I have loaded on the card over $25K within a few months.

Don't want to jeopardize my use of the card.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

I use this card as my primary way to get cash from my Bitcoins withdrawal. I want to continue to use it as long as I could. I have loaded on the card over $25K within a few months.

Don't want to jeopardize my use of the card.
    Smart

BrickJames
    Action

Optional, I tried buying BTC through that buy.bitcoin.com link and they won't sell to Americans. Is there an easy way for Americans to buy BTC with a credit card?

Optional

Optional, I tried buying BTC through that buy.bitcoin.com link and they won't sell to Americans. Is there an easy way for Americans to buy BTC with a credit card?
    Really? I think it might just be the state you are in. Someone else recently told me their card was rejected for being a NY resident but I've seen other Americans say they have used it.

If you are in one these states Coinmama.com can help you; California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas.

Cex.io is another one I believe will take US debit/cre cards but I don't know much about it.

LibertyX outlets might be another way (I think). Maybe someone who has used them will know for sure.

Then you have P2P places like localbitcoins, Paxful and wallofcoins that can probably hook you up too (although might be riskier than a regular exchanger)

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Coinbase is by far the easiest

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Yeah i just got verified on there. Didn't realize it was so easy to get verified. Once people start talking that shit I usually run for the Hills

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Venom72 View Post
    Very easy to navigate.

Yeah i just got verified on there. Didn't realize it was so easy to get verified. Once people start talking that shit I usually run for the Hills
    Coinbase fees are way too high in my eyes. Wish there was a BTC that had Circle pricing.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Very easy to navigate.

Coinbase fees are way too high in my eyes. Wish there was a BTC that had Circle pricing.
    1.5% Bnk acct and 4% CC is high?

What does Circle charge?

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

Guys, it may have been mentioned already...but check out localbitcoins.com it is a peer 2 peer exchange with a bunch of different payment methods...yes you pay a premium when you buy BTC....but on the flip side...you can sell your BTC on there for a premium also

I get +7% - 10% when i sell btc there

TheMoneyShot

1.5% Bnk acct and 4% CC is high?

What does Circle charge?
    I don't remember the exact percentage. But I always logged into both Coinbase and Circle (check for pricing.) Purchased 1k worth of bitcoin and Circle was cheaper by at least $6.00 (if not more) per each Bitcoin and no fees when purchasing with a Deb Card.

I don't think there will ever be another provider like Circle ever again. Shows you how all these companies are marking things up on commissions.

4% CC is very high.

DroopyDog

is the bitpay **** site down for everyone right now? anyone know if the card is still working tho ?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    is the bitpay **** site down for everyone right now? anyone know if the card is still working tho ?
    Working fine here

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Working fine here
    Optional, I need you to get on the horn and get Minnesota approved for bye. Bitcoin.com

BrickJames
    Action

I don't remember the exact percentage. But I always logged into both Coinbase and Circle (check for pricing.) Purchased 1k worth of bitcoin and Circle was cheaper by at least $6.00 (if not more) per each Bitcoin and no fees when purchasing with a Deb Card.

I don't think there will ever be another provider like Circle ever again. Shows you how all these companies are marking things up on commissions.

4% CC is very high.
    Dude you're trippin 4% is what the credit card will charge you just to cash advance the money on top of that the interest will compound if you buy Bitcoin through a service like Queen Bass you're getting the purchase APR I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to do here

TheMoneyShot

Dude you're trippin 4% is what the credit card will charge you just to cash advance the money on top of that the interest will compound if you buy Bitcoin through a service like Queen Bass you're getting the purchase APR I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to do here
    I thought you were trying to purchase Bitcoins at Coinbase with a CC? With all the surcharges over there... it's not worth it.

If you weren't... my bad.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I ordered my Bitpay card last Tuesday and I received it yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with how quick I received it given what I've read on here. However, I went to load it up yesterday with a small amount just to test how it works, and here I am almost 12 hours later and the transaction still has zero confirmations and the money never made it onto my card. Has anybody experienced any trouble when loading up bitcoin to the card?

It seemed simple: Clicked 'Add funds'. Entered my amount. Selected the "open in wallet" option. It then opened up right to the wallet I use and everything was pre-filled for the transaction. I hit send.

I have a ticket open with their support right now, but I am a little concerned with my first experience loading the card. Thank god I did not send a large amount of $.

BrickJames
    Action

Quote Originally Posted by GoldRush7 View Post
    I ordered my Bitpay card last Tuesday and I received it yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised with how quick I received it given what I've read on here. However, I went to load it up yesterday with a small amount just to test how it works, and here I am almost 12 hours later and the transaction still has zero confirmations and the money never made it onto my card. Has anybody experienced any trouble when loading up bitcoin to the card?

It seemed simple: Clicked 'Add funds'. Entered my amount. Selected the "open in wallet" option. It then opened up right to the wallet I use and everything was pre-filled for the transaction. I hit send.

I have a ticket open with their support right now, but I am a little concerned with my first experience loading the card. Thank god I did not send a large amount of $.
    Copy and paste.

All of my transactions on that card have went through flawlessly and instantly.

BrickJames
    Action

In fact the only time there was a discrepancy it benefited me to the tune of about $12

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I was told by their support team that there has been a significant spike in transactions and it's causing delays. Pretty crazy. Hope they get this shit figured out.

Optional

I was told by their support team that there has been a significant spike in transactions and it's causing delays. Pretty crazy. Hope they get this shit figured out.
    That was fast delivery of the card.

Sounds like you have worked this out now and know its a network issue.

This sort of bottleneck delay has happened a few times in the last few months. Previously it has cleared after 1-3 days and got back to normal but until a new software update designed to increase the hard limits in the blockchain code that cause this bottleneck is installed, this will keep happening when the system hits peak capacity.

Dont know when that might happen. It requires a majority vote from the machines operating as miners which has been going on for months already. Could take months still until enough of them can agree on one solution.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    3% is only applied if the currency sent is different to the native currency of the card account.

Although do not really know if merchants can Pay 2 Card the other way with these. (Anyone?)

Most of the cards I've seen offer Euros, Pounds or Dollars depending on your location.

This Bitpay card is just one of the few Americans can order.

Cryptopay is probably one of the best choices for non-US users; https://cryptopay.me/bitcoin-debit-card

Spectrocoin offers one with currency choices; https://spectrocoin.com/en/bitcoin-debit-card.html

Xapo.com offers another one.
    Still no CAD or other currency choices aside from USD, EUR, or GBP, which makes these cards a very expensive proposition for much of the world.

DroopyDog

anyone withdraw from atm very recently ? did your pin work? mine said wrong pin eventho i know it was right...and still got that message after i changed pin and tried again...

on hold with them now

clambake
    clambake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

I am having same problem. Please let me know what you find out.

DroopyDog

pins are down at the moment, but should be fixed by end of day... however, you can call and have a rep manually change it and it will work....it wont work if you do the automated changing of the pin

clambake
    clambake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Thanks for the info. Thought I was losing my mind.

TheMoneyShot

Bitpay card was the best thing ever made. I use it all the time. Just be patient with the process...

A few tips to keep in mind...

When you're funding the card... always make sure you triple check exactly what Bitpay wants you to send in BTC value. Any number off will delay your funding. From what customer support told me day 1 over the phone... everything is automated. If you don't send the correct BTC amount... it will be delayed.

Furthermore, we all know the bitcoin network is congested more than ever... rest assured if the above step is done perfectly... you'll get your deposit credited. Yesterday I sent a deposit to bitpay at around 4:10 PM.... Bitpay didn't receive it until 10:18 PM.

You're going to love the card... just get more familiar with it.

hello1234567

^ What he said. Best thing ever. Nothing beats having cash in hand same day. I just hope it will last.

jyney
    jyney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

best thing to do is to get a bitpay wallet on your phone and integrate the bitpay card on the app,transfering between wallet and card is instant as long as the balance have at least one confirmation

DroopyDog

Bitpay card was the best thing ever made. I use it all the time. Just be patient with the process...

A few tips to keep in mind...

When you're funding the card... always make sure you triple check exactly what Bitpay wants you to send in BTC value. Any number off will delay your funding. From what customer support told me day 1 over the phone... everything is automated. If you don't send the correct BTC amount... it will be delayed.

Furthermore, we all know the bitcoin network is congested more than ever... rest assured if the above step is done perfectly... you'll get your deposit credited. Yesterday I sent a deposit to bitpay at around 4:10 PM.... Bitpay didn't receive it until 10:18 PM.

You're going to love the card... just get more familiar with it.

why arent you copying and pasting the amount just like you copy n paste the address?

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Haven't read many posts in the thread. So it's free to load the card from a btc wallet & how much to withdraw from an ATM?

First ... 11121314151617 ... Last