1. #1
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,255
    Betpoints: 506

    Damn it must be nice to be an Indian in Minnesota

    Read an article about the Indian casinos in Minnesota, each member of an Indian tribe in Minnesota receives several hundred thousand dollars a year

    Damn that fukin reservation must be sweet, I'll head to the tanning salon and move up to Minnesota and put some feathers in my hair for that kinda money

    Hoya Hoya Hoya Hoya Hoya, Go Hoyas, Hoya Hoya Hoya!

  2. #2
    Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-15-10
    Posts: 3,099
    Betpoints: 7153

    The funny thing is when you drive to the casinos on the rez is that you will see really broken down crappy trailer homes with BMW's and Mercedes in the driveway.

  3. #3
    rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-20-05
    Posts: 22,331
    Betpoints: 5282

    I don't know maybe a few guys but indians in Minnesota have the lowest graduation rates and most broken homes.

  4. #4
    VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-12-10
    Posts: 14,593
    Betpoints: 18

    I know two brothers that are 100% Pequot Indians and they each receive a check every month from the Pequot-Mashantucket tribes for $24,000.

    For those that don't know who the Pequot-Mashantucket tribes are....they own Foxwoods Casino.

  5. #5
    smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-19-08
    Posts: 12,562
    Betpoints: 872

    For a great mystery novel series set in and around the reservations of Minnesota check out the William Kent Krueger-Cork O'Conner series.

  6. #6
    obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-08
    Posts: 17,823

    I am thinking about a 2014 run for governor of Minnesota, one of the main focal parts of my campaign would be taking everything from the Indians. Sure you can trust the government, just ask the Indians

  7. #7
    doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-10
    Posts: 14,096
    Betpoints: 18

    holy shit thats good money, the Indians in Cherokee get far less than that a year.

  8. #8
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,255
    Betpoints: 506

    Apparently after 150 years of living on shit land the Indians have finally accepted that according to the rest of the world you actually can own the earth and sky and that evil white capitalism is the only path to happiness and the dollar the only real god
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-12-11 at 03:28 PM.

  9. #9
    chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-11
    Posts: 4,087

    Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Apparently after 150 years of living on shit land the Indians have finally accepted that according to the rest of the world you can actually can own the earth and sky and that evil white capitalism is the only path to happiness and the dollar the only real god
    bwaaahahaha

  10. #10
    BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 5,764
    Betpoints: 1561

    That would be Mystic Lake, there are only a couple hundred tribe members that get money. From what I read they clear 60 to 80k per month tax free.

  11. #11
    JohnGalt2341
    The bloom on the rose is oft not wet.
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 8,518
    Betpoints: 2376

    Quote Originally Posted by BestPlay2day View Post
    That would be Mystic Lake, there are only a couple hundred tribe members that get money. From what I read they clear 60 to 80k per month tax free.
    Yep, sounds about right. I worked there for a few years back in the early 90's when they first opened up.

  12. #12
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,255
    Betpoints: 506

    ...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-23-15 at 05:26 PM.

  13. #13
    stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-13-09
    Posts: 21,548
    Betpoints: 8135

    i'd like to see said article that says they get several hundred thousand a year, i know an native american who lives there and he gets no where near that allowance.

  14. #14
    bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-04-08
    Posts: 13,255
    Betpoints: 506

    Then hes gettin ******, I've been living up her for the last 2 days with my faced tanned dark brown and feathers on and just received my first monthly check for 80k to help me get over what the white man (yall dirty capitalist pigs) did to my people

    Now my tribe the Casinokees or something like that doesnt really believe you can own the earth and the sky but with this kinda fuckin cash rollin in Im sure gonna try
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-12-11 at 09:28 PM.

  15. #15
    BestPlay2day
    BestPlay2day's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-25-08
    Posts: 5,764
    Betpoints: 1561

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i'd like to see said article that says they get several hundred thousand a year, i know an native american who lives there and he gets no where near that allowance.
    The only tribe members getting a ton of money are the tribes that own Mystic Lake and Treasure Island Casino. Grand Casinos have a lot of members plus the tribe puts a lot of the money back into their community and businesses which is good. Most indian members don't get much especially the tribes in far northern Minnesota. Plus a majority of Indians are not receiving any money from casino profits.
    Last edited by BestPlay2day; 02-12-11 at 09:21 PM.

  16. #16
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,622
    Betpoints: 11617

    I started my little gambling career at Grand Portage Casino almost 20 years ago. I know back then the Indians were getting hosed and it was still continuing at least until I left the area a little over 10 years ago. A select few were reaping the rewards from the casino but not your everyday, average Tribe member. May have changed though now.

  17. #17
    Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-15-10
    Posts: 3,099
    Betpoints: 7153

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I started my little gambling career at Grand Portage Casino almost 20 years ago. I know back then the Indians were getting hosed and it was still continuing at least until I left the area a little over 10 years ago. A select few were reaping the rewards from the casino but not your everyday, average Tribe member. May have changed though now.
    My family has a cabin about 20 minutes away from Grand Portage just outside of Grand Marais, first casino I ever went to and by far the most rinky dink.

  18. #18
    OneLossParlayGuy
    OneLossParlayGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-27-10
    Posts: 815
    Betpoints: 1464

    I have an acquaintance who is married to a female of someone high up in a tribe here in Minnesota. The each get 60k/month for each of them, plus 35k/month for each kid they have. They have 5 kids. You do the math. (all tax free).. 3 live in nannies....The guy just hunts year round, and travels. his garage is a small exotic car collection. Its pretty ridiculous

  19. #19
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,622
    Betpoints: 11617

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericholic View Post
    My family has a cabin about 20 minutes away from Grand Portage just outside of Grand Marais, first casino I ever went to and by far the most rinky dink.
    By far the most rinky dink for me too I think - maybe other than a few cruise ship ones. But I spent more time there than should've legally been allowed.

    We still have a condo in Lutsen. Used to stop in Grand Marais on each of our trips to Minneapolis for lunch at that restaurant on the lake on the left hand side if you're coming from the Canadian border. They serve potato chips with your meal - that's all I remember and usually the only reason we went there. Maybe it's called the Blue Fin or something similar?

  20. #20
    Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-15-10
    Posts: 3,099
    Betpoints: 7153

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

    By far the most rinky dink for me too I think - maybe other than a few cruise ship ones. But I spent more time there than should've legally been allowed.

    We still have a condo in Lutsen. Used to stop in Grand Marais on each of our trips to Minneapolis for lunch at that restaurant on the lake on the left hand side if you're coming from the Canadian border. They serve potato chips with your meal - that's all I remember and usually the only reason we went there. Maybe it's called the Blue Fin or something similar?
    There's the Blue Water Cafe in downtown by the harbor. I know there is the Bluefin Bay Resort in Tofte. The one meal we would always have in Grand Marais when we went up was pizza at Sven and Ole's. I'm actually going up there next weekend and plan on getting some!!

  21. #21
    windwind
    Update your status
    windwind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-21-10
    Posts: 597

    if they have the money why live in crappy homes?

  22. #22
    Vegas_bond
    Vegas_bond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-09-09
    Posts: 624
    Betpoints: 10098

    Minnesota Indians ... they do better than Cleveland Indians.

  23. #23
    THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-09
    Posts: 17,707

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    i'd like to see said article that says they get several hundred thousand a year, i know an native american who lives there and he gets no where near that allowance.
    why do they get an allowance at all??? Im confused

  24. #24
    shari91
    shari91's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 02-23-10
    Posts: 32,622
    Betpoints: 11617

    Quote Originally Posted by Jericholic View Post
    There's the Blue Water Cafe in downtown by the harbor. I know there is the Bluefin Bay Resort in Tofte. The one meal we would always have in Grand Marais when we went up was pizza at Sven and Ole's. I'm actually going up there next weekend and plan on getting some!!
    It's the Blue Water Cafe!!!!! I was getting the two mixed up. Unreal. I've been going there since I was a little kid.

    Sven and Ole's is definitely worth the trip alone. Oh man you're making me miss home.

  25. #25
    Manaconda
    Manaconda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-22-10
    Posts: 818
    Betpoints: 90

    like others said, it is a VERY small percentage of the indian community that gets this tribal money.. the red lake indian reservation up in northern MN is very rough, alcoholism destroys alot of them

  26. #26
    THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-09
    Posts: 17,707

    Quote Originally Posted by Manaconda View Post
    like others said, it is a VERY small percentage of the indian community that gets this tribal money.. the red lake indian reservation up in northern MN is very rough, alcoholism destroys alot of them
    cant leave the fire water alone

  27. #27
    Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-15-10
    Posts: 3,099
    Betpoints: 7153

    Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post

    It's the Blue Water Cafe!!!!! I was getting the two mixed up. Unreal. I've been going there since I was a little kid.

    Sven and Ole's is definitely worth the trip alone. Oh man you're making me miss home.
    That's crazy!! I've been going up there since I was a little kid too!

  28. #28
    THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-09
    Posts: 17,707

    this thread reminds me of a joke

    Cant remember all the specifics but they dont matter, The Lone Ranger was in some sort of trouble, was kidnapped or some shit, was getting ready to be executed & for his final wish he asked for a cigarette. With his cig he sent up smoke signals to Tonto.

    In about 5 minutes Tonto rides in on his horse with 2 squaws.

    Lone Ranger says "Goddmanit! POSSE Tonto, POSSE!!!!"

  29. #29
    BravesandMagic
    BravesandMagic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-10
    Posts: 637
    Betpoints: 198

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I know two brothers that are 100% Pequot Indians and they each receive a check every month from the Pequot-Mashantucket tribes for $24,000.

    For those that don't know who the Pequot-Mashantucket tribes are....they own Foxwoods Casino.
    umm.. how is that possible?

Top