ayuntalo
    ayuntalo's Avatar Become A Pro!

jets ml seems nice

raiders510
    raiders510's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

if you guys think the Jets win today, play the moneyline. If you think the Bears win today, play the moneyline. If you think the Steelers or Packers win, lay the points

In the regular season, the winning team covered in ~85% of all games. In the playoffs, its running at 100%.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyfan08 View Post
    LB,I liked jets until seein line go to 4,pitt might be play!
    that concerns me as well

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    I like the Jets +180 and Bears +170 both on the ML I think at least 1 of the 2 goes to Superbowl. They both should be close games so taking the points is safer but fukk that I like the + money. GL

this. i do think one of the dogs win today.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    that concerns me as well

this. i do think one of the dogs win today.
    Bears at home, if any does.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Bears at home, if any does.

as a bears fan i would be very happy with that. good luck today mike.

French Tickler
    The Tickler
    French Tickler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Grumpy Old Bastard (G.O.B) has the Steelers today, and I'm not going against a 60something year old man who has been handicapping sports for 50 or so years and is hitting his plays like crazy. He also has the packers today

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    if you guys think the jets win today, play the moneyline. If you think the bears win today, play the moneyline. If you think the steelers or packers win, lay the points

in the regular season, the winning team covered in ~85% of all games. In the playoffs, its running at 100%.
    good post

Kaan
    Kaan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any plays with units LB?

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im guessing not to many people will argree with me here but anyhow. Im predicting Steelers 21-7, it will be a boring first half then Pitt will score 2 touchdowns late 3rd, early 4th.

jennahazeplays
    jennahazeplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

ssteelers will get the W, ?ay not cover tho

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moving around different websites.....general consensus..is on under steelers...for what it's worth

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaan View Post
    Any plays with units LB?

nothing yet.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

all week I thought the Jets win, woke up this morning and said to myself no way the Steelers are losing this game at home. I think both qb's are gonna take a severe beating so that could change the outcome.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

both of these games seem like potential toss ups with some key plays deciding it in the end

i just do not think the jets will get blown out. I see the Packers having the potential to win bigger then the Steelers. That's Jets d is good and should keep them in the game as long as the zebras dont take them out of it

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Tsunami View Post
    The Steelers backup tight end dropped 2 passes in the endzone on the last 2 plays of the Jets/Steelers regular season game that would have won it. And that was without Heath Miller and without Polamalu who will both be playing in this game.

Sanchez did not beat Brady and Manning. He beat the Colts and Pats defense who combined do not even come close to the Steeler defense.

And also who the Steelers did/did not play in October or November or whenever of the regular season and how easy you think their schedule was means absolutely nothing at this point. The only thing that matters is the matchup between the Jets/Steelers.
    Most pertinent post in the whole thread.

First of all, I wouldn't put my money on Sanchez being able to get it done with any consistency.

The Jets wouldn't be here if it weren't for the poor return coverage on the Colts kickoff after going ahead 16-14. That totally sucked the life right out of their team, and you could just tell that the Jets would get the win. Cromartie gets tackled inside the 25, and they lose.

Ifs, ifs, ifs...I know. Still, it's relevant.

The Jets win in December against Pitt was their first in the last 6 games. No Miller. No Polamalu. And the Jets still needed the opening kickoff to win the game. Without it, they lose...again.

Now, if you're going to say that that team in December is the same as now, you're kidding yourselves. Forget the name, Pitt has earned the reputation that they have, because they are a decent team.

Even good teams lose a couple of games during the regular season; I'd hardly say that makes them a mediocre team.

The tell-tale sign for me was how Pitt played in the second half against Baltimore. They dominated on both sides of the field. They could easily have continued to suck, or play better, but not good enough to get the win. They showed pride, and got it done in great fashion.

Now, the Jets played great last week. But, after having to get up for Manning on the road, and Brady on the road, they're now coming to Pitt.

Pitt isn't Indy (who relies on Manning to get things done.) Pitt isn't New England (who relies on Brady to get it done.) Pitt relies on their defense first, their running game second, and Ben third.

Getting up to face the number 1 defense is a lot different than focusing on a great QB with a shitty defense.

Sorry, but if you want to take the Jets, take them.

I just know that the Steelers feel that they have a lot to prove today, and I wouldn't want to be the Jets.

Steelers win, and the haters will once again say that they don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnybagadonuts View Post
    Most pertinent post in the whole thread.

First of all, I wouldn't put my money on Sanchez being able to get it done with any consistency.

The Jets wouldn't be here if it weren't for the poor return coverage on the Colts kickoff after going ahead 16-14. That totally sucked the life right out of their team, and you could just tell that the Jets would get the win. Cromartie gets tackled inside the 25, and they lose.

Ifs, ifs, ifs...I know. Still, it's relevant.

The Jets win in December against Pitt was their first in the last 6 games. No Miller. No Polamalu. And the Jets still needed the opening kickoff to win the game. Without it, they lose...again.

Now, if you're going to say that that team in December is the same as now, you're kidding yourselves. Forget the name, Pitt has earned the reputation that they have, because they are a decent team.

Even good teams lose a couple of games during the regular season; I'd hardly say that makes them a mediocre team.

The tell-tale sign for me was how Pitt played in the second half against Baltimore. They dominated on both sides of the field. They could easily have continued to suck, or play better, but not good enough to get the win. They showed pride, and got it done in great fashion.

Now, the Jets played great last week. But, after having to get up for Manning on the road, and Brady on the road, they're now coming to Pitt.

Pitt isn't Indy (who relies on Manning to get things done.) Pitt isn't New England (who relies on Brady to get it done.) Pitt relies on their defense first, their running game second, and Ben third.

Getting up to face the number 1 defense is a lot different than focusing on a great QB with a shitty defense.

Sorry, but if you want to take the Jets, take them.

I just know that the Steelers feel that they have a lot to prove today, and I wouldn't want to be the Jets.

Steelers win, and the haters will once again say that they don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

Nice analysis. Only part i disagree with is the ben thing being third. Ben is the main reason not third. He has come up with the big plays in the superbowl years when needed even if he didnt cross the goalline.

raiders510

Quote Originally Posted by raiders510 View Post
    if you guys think the Jets win today, play the moneyline. If you think the Bears win today, play the moneyline. If you think the Steelers or Packers win, lay the points In the regular season, the winning team covered in ~85% of all games. In the playoffs, its running at 100%.

I would like to add to this that no team has ever won twice in Pittsburgh in the same season except the Jaguars in 2007

Edit....Another thing I would add, and this doesnt really hold any weight in the general aspect of things....But I can't imagine for the life of me a Bears-Jets superbowl. I honestly think that is what the matchup should be BUT the NFL will make the most money with a Green Bay/Pittsburgh superbowl, no doubt about it. I think both favorites win today, but the Bears have the best chance to cover
    Last edited by raiders510; 01-23-11 at 12:00 PM.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Nice analysis. Only part i disagree with is the ben thing being third. Ben is the main reason not third. He has come up with the big plays in the superbowl years when needed even if he didnt cross the goalline.
    I agree that he can certainly make or break games (I've gotten used to his mistakes). However, the defense always comes first. Polamalu has single handedly changed the outcome of three games this year - and important ones at that.

I hear what you're saying, but everyone seems to think Ben is a bad QB. He's not Manning or Brady, but he has talent, and something those two QBs don't have - he's hard to tackle.

Now at this point, I'll take a seasoned Ben, who's been at this stage several times now, over Sanchez. Pitt will have a game plan on both sides of the ball, I can assure you. They didn't have to work on new gameplans with Baltimore, because they've already played them 1,000 times.

They will find out what worked and what didn't against the Jets, and be ready.

Super tough to win at Pitt, and don't forget how hard it is to kick FGs there. Suisham is ready. Will Folk be?

Some things to think about.

raiders510

Dont forget Sanchez is 4-1 in the playoffs brother....and I don't wanna reverse jinx but Folk is a terrible kicker. You are right about that....haha

Hey guys reading this thread, don't pay attention to all the LOCK threads and bullshit out there. This is playoffs and Conference Championship weekend at that. NOBODY should be going all in on anything here....This is the toughest time to cap NFL as the lines are sharper than ever and you get a lot of idiots betting on these games that normally dont bet at all.....careful today.

lakerboy

Im not sure why everyone is on sanchez's case. The guy has lost 1 playoff game and he should have won that one as well. He fits the jets system perfectly and usually comes up with the goods.

pm4e
    pm4e's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3621

lakerboy i think you are right on the money. good luck today.

cashflowmatters
    cashflowmatters's Avatar Become A Pro!

If memory serves me correctly Big Ben was not a star in either SB win, as a matter of fact in the one vs Seattle I believe he was like 9 for 27. Ben however did nothing to hurt his team in either SB win thus the Steelers got the wins. Trent Dilfer did the same thing with the Ravens & Sanchez is in a position to do the same with the Jets.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

The line movement says it all...pitt moving to 4 is not a good sign for jets backers.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    The line movement says it all...pitt moving to 4 is not a good sign for jets backers.
    No its not but line movement means little in these games until just before gametime. Keep an eye on the ML movement just before gametime. IF it goes back and forth just take the points.

arnoldrothstein
    arnoldrothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!

lakerboy your a ******* moron. this is sixburgh your talking about baddest sob's of all time. go ahead and take the jets. its gonna be and ass whoopin. troy, big sleezy, pottsy, big juicy, old yeller, the burner, big james these f\*\*k ers dont lose

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This. Say what you will about him but he is money at the big moments.

arnoldrothstein

top 5 players in the game ben troy harrison woodly revis. 4 play for sixburgh. one more thing if the bears make the superbowl it will ruin the ******* superbowl i cant get new england beating them 38-7 at the crib and the hoodie called off the dogs at halftime

thisistodd
    thisistodd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont see the jets winning another consecutive road game as a dog. Im on the steelers.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Don't bet the steelers on there name. The jets are the better team and have too many weapons for the steelers. Ben will find outt how it feels to get raped.
    Well said lakerboy!

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

They own Balty and that didnt change.

They lost to the

Pats/Saints/Ravens/Jets

Yes they beat the Falcons in week one but we found out they werent good in the end. They had one of the easiest schedules of all time facing the likes of Buffalo/Tenny/Cin/Cle 2 times each cause of the div and teams like the panthers/dolphins and raiders. Seriously its hard to look at the steelers as faves in this game versus the Jets. The Jets are way better at almost every position except QB and Free Safety and a few players on d like Harrison and Woodley. The Jets are so stacked on offense with talent that no one is noticing this and they are moving the ball downfield at will when they have to. Sure no one can run on the steelers but the jets still managed 106 yards in the last game. Pittsburgh dominated that game on all stats and still lost. I dont see any reason to take the Steelers here other than the "well they wont lose twice to the Jets or they are at home".

Tell me what you guys think because i am looking hard at the Jets to run rampant at Heinz field.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Excellent, Excellent points LB

Let’s look at how the Steelers have faired against good teams this year. They beat Atlanta by 6, lost to Baltimore by 3, beat Miami by 1, lost to New Orleans by 10, lost by 13 to New England, they beat Baltimore by 3, and then lost to the Jets by 5. Those were their tough games this year. Add up those results and we’re at a margin of negative -22. Just something to think about!

Jets +3.5 all day!!!

Yeah they lost to Saints and Patriots, but Sanchez isn't Brees or Brady. Will be exciting to see if Sanchez can pick the Steelers D apart like those two did. Yeah they won against Baltimore by only 3 and 7 (the most relevant game is of course the last one), but they should have won with alot more last week.

And the Jets game. Steelers were the better team in that one. 25-17 in first downs and 387-276 in total yards to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh gained 5.8 yards per rush.
    Also remember the last drive by Steelers, they had an amazing drive going from their own 8 to the Jets 10, but with two incomplete passes they failed to win the game. Jets also started that game with a kickoff return for a TD, I would like to see that again. Steelers will be up and ready for revenge. This awesome offense of the Jets that LB speaks of managed only 276 yards, Jets needs to up their performance from that game if they want to win this one! Can they do it?

The J-Dizzle

according to this http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/injuries?team=NYJ

Ellis isn't playing?? (did not participate in practice)
    Revis - Limited participation

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    go and look at the stats. then report back.

The J-Dizzle

arnoldrothstein

jets are better than sixburgh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah. ******* morons. 27-13.

First 123456 Last