I was just reading in The Athletic from professional Dodgers insiders that cover the team on a daily basis that LA wil push hard to make signing Judge happen.

The reports went on to say that ideally they will have to move on from Trea Turner, and convert Mookie to an infielder (2B)

I'm personally on board with cutting their brief ties with Turner, converting Mookie to 2B is a dangerous idea, a slippery slope a term others like to use.

I've seen this a thousand times, shuffle a major talent from a primary position, a position that most can't excel at, move them to a position where they have no experience playing... that's a recipe for disaster is all I am saying.

From a defensive point of view, the four positions of the 'core' are C, 2B, SS, and CF.
Pitching and up the middle defense saves runs and games, without that, you're team's offense had better be able to produce six runs a game on a regular basis. If you move Mookie to 2B, that's going to create a black hole.

I'm on record of saying LA overpaid for Turner, but know this, Trea Turner plays stellar defense.
So does Mookie, but in the outfield, not in the infield.Now LA has to move that, to make the Judge signing happen.

Slippery slope is all I am saying.

Case in point, one case in thousands, but I don't have the time to continue with my post here and now.
Boston rolled the dice by making a move for Schwarber, thought they could convert him to an infielder (1B) off of his primary position (LF) knowing full well Schwarber hasn't played a lick of first base since Little League.

How'd that work out?
Oh sure Kyle smashed that clutch homer, but that's not my point.
He dropped an embarrassingly easy pop up, could not defend the first base line, and on and on.

There's only a select few that can play six positions well, we call them "Swiss Army knives"
The Cardinals has a few of them, Ben Zobrist was probably the best of my generation.

Long story short, which I'm not very good at doing being brevity has never been my forte, Mookie, and Judge, and many more can not make the transition from OF to IF, and usually doesn't end well.