The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

FTR, tips mean nothing to me

When I started as a ticket writer, my coworkers were baffled. I'd tell gamblers they don't need to tip. I'm a gambler at heart. None of them had even a slight clue of my path in the gambling business and really still don't I tell customers they stand a minimal chance to win at sports betting. Trying to win while buying drinks, food and tipping is a lose lose situation. I may root for the house, but I supply solid advice to customers every day, although they do not listen. 110 or 140, they do not care. They want action. The majority of bettors that walk up to my counter try and act like they know more about this business than me and we all know that 98% of them aren't close. But I try and will continue to do so.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7576

You're a funny guy, Mr. Ticket writer, a funny guy.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

arent u just a ticket writer which is like 1 step up from a mcdonalds cashier

The General

I'm a supervisor now. I love my job.

The General

Will be a top exec in sports betting with Caesars entertainment when I want to be. I'm happy where I'm at close to home. 30 mins from hometown and my family.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Will be a top exec in sports betting with Caesars entertainment when I want to be. I'm happy where I'm at close to home. 30 mins from hometown and my family.
    u have a lot of confidence for a broke dikk non pro i ll give u that

The General

Facts are facts. Confidence comes from facts. I know what's on my offer sheets. You guys are persuaded by morino. I'm the real deal. Don't be blinded by the usual forum bullchit.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Facts are facts. Confidence comes from facts. I know what's on my offer sheets. You guys are persuaded by morino. I'm the real deal. Don't be blinded by the usual forum bullchit.
    post more winners

The General

Don't need to. It's not beneficial to me and I'm not good at picking winners. That's why I'm on this side of the counter. I learned this in 2004 working for Pinnaclesports. Those weekly calls taught me so much more than most gamblers will ever learn.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are a dumb shit.

The General

Made my day. Love it.

The General

A year ago I lived in a homeless shelter, wanted to die, today I'm living my dream. Working in the business that I cannot even begin to describe the feeling.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25482

Yeah I'm sure there's an epidemic of degenerate sports bettors coming to the counter to try and tip.

Maybe you should post deterrent signs throughout the book to curtail those tenacious would be tippers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Drydin, and 19th Hole

The General

Maybe I should do nothing different and expect gamblers to know what they're doing before they do it.