thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

a possible angle for this game is that golden state will be playing a home game at 1230 pacific time on sunday, either game 1 against houston or 7 against LAC.

if state gets a lead, look for some extra rest potentially, which would make me lean to the backdoor being open and the under.

of course if its close, the clippers will cover anyways

I give LA credit though, none of the other low seeds showed any fight at all, at least they showed up.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    sports should always be a players league. no one watches sports for the coaches.
    eh?! It always will be a players league because they make the money, but it would quite clearly be better if the coaches ruled by strategy rather than politics.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    eh?! It always will be a players league because they make the money, but it would quite clearly be better if the coaches ruled by strategy rather than politics.
    sure. you can say that. it's also a players league because players have the talent. they have the gift. and they determine the outcome of games. they make the shots, miss the shots. you can design the greatest system ever as a coach, but if you don't play the game, if you can't score/defend, what does it matter. coach bud was in atlanta last year and had the worst record in the NBA. Now he's on a team with the best record in the NBA. All he did was change teams, nothing else.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

sports should always be a players league. no one watches sports for the coaches.
    Then get rid of the coaches. Factory workers are for the workers. Get rid of the bosses.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Then get rid of the coaches. Factory workers are for the workers. Get rid of the bosses.
    Wan't Cousy or Bill Russel a player coach back in the day? Not saying coaches do nothing, but as I said, coach bud coached the worst team record wise in the nba last year and one year later has the best record in the nba. he tried so hard to make his system work in atl, but had no chance w those nasty ass players. Factory workers don't really have much talent. It's an assembly line, meaning they can be replaced.

you hear ever coach say it's a players league. even your boy pop says it all the time. and you always hear players say "it's on us as players to win these games."

ibetyouadollar
    ibetyouadollar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2442

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    If they can manage to pull this game off at home, anything can happen in game 7.
    Clippers will lose by at least 10

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Freebirds! Del Playa, Gaucho Jake go throw some tortillas in the Thunderdome!!

I wish I was still throwing tortillas and surfing Devereaux Point

Life was much simpler then

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I'm actually looking forward to this game.. I just hope it's not a blowout right from the start..

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to this game.. I just hope it's not a blowout right from the start..
    The key to the game is Gallinari. Lou Williams will show......Montrezl Harrell will show......Gallinari....?

This would be a good game to "Polish Middle' btw.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The key to the game is Gallinari. Lou Williams will show......Montrezl Harrell will show......Gallinari....?

This would be a good game to "Polish Middle' btw.
    Every Clipper player including Gallo will need to show up tonight to have a chance IMO..

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

I wish I was still throwing tortillas and surfing Devereaux Point

Life was much simpler then
    I was a supervisor at Devereux from 1995-1999. That place was crazy!

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

sure. you can say that. it's also a players league because players have the talent. they have the gift. and they determine the outcome of games. they make the shots, miss the shots. you can design the greatest system ever as a coach, but if you don't play the game, if you can't score/defend, what does it matter. coach bud was in atlanta last year and had the worst record in the NBA. Now he's on a team with the best record in the NBA. All he did was change teams, nothing else.
    You need players AND coaching. When the lunatics are running the asylum you get Thunder-Blazers.

First 12