RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

plus, the article says they shouldve asked their captive how to stay hidden because a big blunder was using bitcoin (then goes on to say how well he hid things)

uhhh....if he faked his death he was involved in it all...the writer completely disregards each point he/she makes previously

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV
    dj_destroyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 383

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the people found and being charged with all this bs would probably be talking

what is their sentence length looking like

he wouldnt have used so many people to fake his death

plus, the article says they shouldve asked their captive how to stay hidden because a big blunder was using bitcoin (then goes on to say how well he hid things)

uhhh....if he faked his death he was involved in it all...the writer completely disregards each point he/she makes previously
    They've been extradited back Costa Rica but no one's heard of any new charges. They're currently only facing kidnapping/ransom charges, afaik there's been no murder charges laid which is pretty sketchy. Also, it's hard to believe anything when the government/police could be corrupt as anyone.

Agreed there's a lot of people involved which is sloppy but whether it's a murder or a fake death, you would think they would have done a cleaner job. Just saying that argument goes for both scenarios and doesn't make it any more obvious.

Demanding BTC was probably not the best idea but it was the quickest/easiest and there are ways to wash crypto though it seems like they didn't know about it. Either way, they were spending quite lavishly by the time they were caught so who knows how much cash was given to family/friends, hidden, invested, etc. because there's no reports of the BTC ever being recovered (there's also no reports to the contrary so all speculation really).

A lot of unanswered questions. Also seems odd that I make a post about this very issue a week ago about the possible link between BetIslands and an unnamed bank in South Florida, one that 5dimes/Tony reportedly used, ultimately linking the two and it gets deleted by mods (can't find it anywhere).

There's a SBR Forum Founder who has some very pertinent info but they're not active anymore. Trying to find other founders who might know him but I can't remember his name.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    How do you know it's Tony

no one knows anything

I’m just waiting on the 30 for 30 to come out

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    no one knows anything

I’m just waiting on the 30 for 30 to come out
    Will be very entertaining. Could even be interesting enough for feature film.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by dj_destroyer View Post
    A lot of unanswered questions. Also seems odd that I make a post about this very issue a week ago about the possible link between BetIslands and an unnamed bank in South Florida, one that 5dimes/Tony reportedly used, ultimately linking the two and it gets deleted by mods (can't find it anywhere).

There's a SBR Forum Founder who has some very pertinent info but they're not active anymore. Trying to find other founders who might know him but I can't remember his name.
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but a reporter just contacted me today asking about all this and if I had any more information. Seems like some people are doing some digging (finally).

Makes me wish I would have pressed harder on why my thread was deleted as it had some decent evidence to connect BetIslands/5dimes+Tony via their banking institutions.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

Guy will have a best selling book and movie made about him within a year
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dj_destroyer

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Interesting....pieces starting to come together
    Points Awarded:

dj_destroyer gave TheMetsSuck 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14733

You still in O-Town DJ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dj_destroyer

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Sorry to bring up an old thread but a reporter just contacted me today asking about all this and if I had any more information. Seems like some people are doing some digging (finally).

Makes me wish I would have pressed harder on why my thread was deleted as it had some decent evidence to connect BetIslands/5dimes+Tony via their banking institutions.
    Do you mean the post where you repeated what BigBoyDan was regurgitating as yet another mental theory of his? You know he kind of went paronoid to the point of delusion and thought everything was a conspiracy and he invented the internet and most stuff on it and everyone should be paying him? That guy?

Your post was never deleted. Not that I would help a lag rumor peddler conspire with some rag to find it...

So stick your theories that SBR cared what you posted, let alone is actually hiding your stupidity, where they fit.
    Points Awarded:

ADR51 gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ADR51

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Do you mean the post where you repeated what BigBoyDan was regurgitating as yet another mental theory of his? You know he kind of went paronoid to the point of delusion and thought everything was a conspiracy and he invented the internet and most stuff on it and everyone should be paying him? That guy?

Your post was never deleted. Not that I would help a lag rumor peddler conspire with some rag to find it...

So stick your theories that SBR cared what you posted, let alone is actually hiding your stupidity, where they fit.
    Interesting you have such a heated response... I remember BigBoyDan but I have no affiliation with him nor did I speak with him on any meaningful level about anything.

My post was most certainly deleted as it's nowhere in my post history. If anyone can find it, that would put a lot of doubt to rest.

Does it not intrigue you that a former BBC reporter (now with Channel 4 [UK]) is contacting me to dig further this many years later?

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    You still in O-Town DJ?
    Yessir, reporter contacted me via reddit.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Interesting you have such a heated response... I remember BigBoyDan but I have no affiliation with him nor did I speak with him on any meaningful level about anything.

My post was most certainly deleted as it's nowhere in my post history. If anyone can find it, that would put a lot of doubt to rest.

Does it not intrigue you that a former BBC reporter (now with Channel 4 [UK]) is contacting me to dig further this many years later?
    Gee, I found it in your post history.

The heated response was about your lie that SBR tried to hide it.

And no, the last person I'd like to see speak to reporters is some chump who makes false claims about SBR, suggesting the site is up to something. Not even crazy boy dan suggested that.

dj_destroyer
    I'm +EV

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Gee, I found it in your post history.

The heated response was about your lie that SBR tried to hide it.

And no, the last person I'd like to see speak to reporters is some chump who makes false claims about SBR, suggesting the site is up to something. Not even crazy boy dan suggested that.
    You found the post in question? Why not link it then?

Also, I never suggested SBR was up to anything nefarious. Simply that one of the SBR Founders had some information that could be useful. The banking link was already well established and can be conferred upon as necessary in my opinion. Basically there's no debating the link itself, just what the link means in relation to the death (if anything).

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

What's the chances?

Of tracking down a bitcoin scammer, in your opinion?
    You seem to have knowledge in that department? Maybe?
    Yes, I am a victim.

First ... 23242526