1. #1
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    In a league full of soft QB's



    Just remember my Phukin Boy Eli going into the stick and taking hit after hit and getting the job done.. A lot of guys on here kicking my boy while he's down but can't show me someone who has gotten it done with class over and over.. What a sad day.
    Points Awarded:

    Gmen30 gave shocka1212 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gmen30

  2. #2
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 74,203
    Betpoints: 2909

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  3. #3
    MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-10
    Posts: 13,318
    Betpoints: 262

    Oh come on....Sam Watterson played Jack McCoy on Law and Order for 17 years. Doesn't mean he was any good at the end or a tough guy. We all have to hang up the spikes sooner or later, thank God he gets to leave in 1 piece unlike Farve.

  4. #4
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    guy deserves so much better than this. making him the scapegoat after there were players who quit on the field and giving him that roster... disgrace. not going to MetLife for a long time.
    Points Awarded:

    canepole gave shocka1212 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Gmen30 gave shocka1212 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  5. #5
    SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-15-14
    Posts: 9,472

    Tom Brady’s kryptonite deserves much more respect than this

  6. #6
    mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-01-11
    Posts: 2,792
    Betpoints: 2912

    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Oh come on....Sam Watterson played Jack McCoy on Law and Order for 17 years. Doesn't mean he was any good at the end or a tough guy. We all have to hang up the spikes sooner or later, thank God he gets to leave in 1 piece unlike Farve.
    NFL is purely a 'what have you done for me lately' type of culture, those super bowl wins of Eli's my as well been in the 1980's especially when dealing with a New York media market that expects to have a chance to win one every year. I'm sure the guy was smart with his money and he still has all his marbles left in his brain it appears so he'll be fine

  7. #7
    Booya711
    DOO DOO
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-20-11
    Posts: 26,087
    Betpoints: 3425

    Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    guy deserves so much better than this. making him the scapegoat after there were players who quit on the field and giving him that roster... disgrace. not going to MetLife for a long time.
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 41,398
    Betpoints: 95

    Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    guy deserves so much better than this. making him the scapegoat after there were players who quit on the field and giving him that roster... disgrace. not going to MetLife for a long time.
    Maybe if the roster sucks he should have gone upstairs and complained rather than taking it up the ass every year and whining. He isn't that good anymore either, well past his prime.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/22/2021


  9. #9
    SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-15-14
    Posts: 9,472

    Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    I'm sure the guy was smart with his money and he still has all his marbles left in his brain it appears so he'll be fine
    The image of 2 little marbles bouncing around Eli’s giant head is hilarious



  10. #10
    bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-12
    Posts: 2,033
    Betpoints: 1824

    Modern day sports is all about making money whether be it owners or players or the sports betters. Eli had already made over $100 million and is no average Joe. Worry about your kids' college fees, getting food on the table, having a decent job etc.

  11. #11
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-09
    Posts: 3,760
    Betpoints: 1070

    Agreed. NY Giants being a classless organization, especially with how they treated Coughlin and now how they are treating Eli. Two superbowls are a huge accomplishment, especially when there are so many teams that haven't even made the playoffs. Should have let both of them retire there, instead of pushing them out.

  12. #12
    Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 28,329
    Betpoints: 151

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?
    He could have been playing with the best running back in the league too.

  13. #13
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?
    Ownership doesn't really care. They're rather cut throat and don't want to win if it doesn't make monetary sense. May sound extreme but true, just ask Drew Brees. Look at the trouble they had with Joey Bosa. Moving the team on the fly not caring about the players and their families.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 11-29-17 at 03:04 AM.

  14. #14
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Agreed. NY Giants being a classless organization, especially with how they treated Coughlin and now how they are treating Eli. Two superbowls are a huge accomplishment, especially when there are so many teams that haven't even made the playoffs. Should have let both of them retire there, instead of pushing them out.
    Im gonna be sick to my fukin stomach. Just don't understand how Jerry Reese keeps his job and this greaseball of a head coach. Reese has flagrantly failed to do his job, Guy has re signed only one of his 1st round picks during his entire tenure, drafted terrible (Ereck flowers over Todd Gurley, Eli Apple over Tunsil just to name a few) and the 2013 and 2015 rosters were some of the worst I've ever seen in my entire life (had a backup fullback playing defensive tackle at one point) and uses Coughlin as a scapegoat.

    Whats sad is, Eli is getting used as the scapegoat when Eli is the reason they have had shining moments of his career. If he wasn't able to make deep throws or was inaccurate, I wouldn't deflect from criticism, but its clear cut that he is not the problem here, he's just an easy target for cowards who don't have the answers because that would entail researching and knowing a solution to the problem.

  15. #15
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?
    Peyton also didnt want to be in the same conference which was why he went to Denver and not San Fran

  16. #16
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 41,398
    Betpoints: 95

    What a joke - you call Eli Manning a hall of fame quarterback but try to explain the fact that he's largely been dog shit the last 6 years by saying its the front office's fault. There is not a single other quarterback in NFL history who is in the hall of fame that was dog shit year in year out without hall of fame receivers and a great offensive line. Even with arguably the best receiver in the NFL he couldn't do anything last year on the road or in the playoffs - defense carried the team.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/22/2021


  17. #17
    cincinnatikid513
    get busy living au revoir
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 44,641

    eli will be on jaguars next year bortles will be holding a clip board somewhere

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  18. #18
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    "INSULTS are the last resort of insecure people ,with a crumbling position ,trying to appear confident."

  19. #19
    thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-17
    Posts: 41,398
    Betpoints: 95

    Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    What a joke - you call Eli Manning a hall of fame quarterback but try to explain the fact that he's largely been dog shit the last 6 years by saying its the front office's fault. There is not a single other quarterback in NFL history who is in the hall of fame that was dog shit year in year out without hall of fame receivers and a great offensive line. Even with arguably the best receiver in the NFL he couldn't do anything last year on the road or in the playoffs - defense carried the team.
    Where in this post did I insult you - you seem a little soft
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/25/2021

    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/22/2021


  20. #20
    Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-07-10
    Posts: 6,124
    Betpoints: 3524

    Eli is the GOAT....... the fainting goat




  21. #21
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,025
    Betpoints: 5426

    Shitty move by organization. To replace him for Geno makes zero sense. The rest of the league and general public already knows he is not cut out to be a good starting qb. Are Giants that out of touch that they don't know? If you want to play Webb, put him in for mop up duty. Why wreck his confidence with a below average OL and running attack? Reese and McDoodoo deserve the walking papers they will see in January and the ownership deserves a lot of the blame for hiring both guys. The coach clearly never had the respect of the locker room from day one/

    If they are serious about a rebuild, see if Parcells wants to return in a major front office role. He can pick a coach and get them back on track.

  22. #22
    bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-01-12
    Posts: 4,526
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Agreed. NY Giants being a classless organization, especially with how they treated Coughlin and now how they are treating Eli. Two superbowls are a huge accomplishment, especially when there are so many teams that haven't even made the playoffs. Should have let both of them retire there, instead of pushing them out.
    That's pro sports bro. not sure why people get surprised and emotional about this.

    Way way back (fuk im getting old) the Giants cut another legend Phil Simms (after a playoff appearance the previous year) to make way for.....Dave Brown and Danny Kanell. Hopefully it works out better this time.

  23. #23
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Shitty move by organization. To replace him for Geno makes zero sense. The rest of the league and general public already knows he is not cut out to be a good starting qb. Are Giants that out of touch that they don't know? If you want to play Webb, put him in for mop up duty. Why wreck his confidence with a below average OL and running attack? Reese and McDoodoo deserve the walking papers they will see in January and the ownership deserves a lot of the blame for hiring both guys. The coach clearly never had the respect of the locker room from day one/

    If they are serious about a rebuild, see if Parcells wants to return in a major front office role. He can pick a coach and get them back on track.
    3 of Reese's draft picks have turned into starters. He's only signed one to a long term deal and didnt draft an offensive lineman until the 4th round of his 5th draft... its insulting to our intelligence to do this to Eli when he's clearly not the problem. Its like putting a bandaid (a really bad one) on your arm when your leg has just been severed off.
    Last edited by shocka1212; 11-29-17 at 08:36 PM.

  24. #24
    Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-03-16
    Posts: 3,760
    Betpoints: 8037

    im not an eli fan at all, but the giants are doing him wrong here

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?
    guidance and pressure from those in his camp as a young player coming into the league mostly is my opinion

  25. #25
    Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 13,025
    Betpoints: 5426

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Shocka....why did he not want to play for the Chargers? Why was he and his dad such pricks to that organization?
    The Spanos family is the answer to your both your questions.

  26. #26
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The Spanos family is the answer to your both your questions.
    Family also didn't want him in the same conference as his brother. Would've been a circus show every year. The few times they did play the coverage was dreadful. Would've been way worse. Marketing opportunities and better managed team at the time.

  27. #27
    Booya711
    DOO DOO
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-20-11
    Posts: 26,087
    Betpoints: 3425

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Losco View Post
    im not an eli fan at all, but the giants are doing him wrong here

    guidance and pressure from those in his camp as a young player coming into the league mostly is my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post

    The Spanos family is the answer to your both your questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post

    Family also didn't want him in the same conference as his brother. Would've been a circus show every year. The few times they did play the coverage was dreadful. Would've been way worse. Marketing opportunities and better managed team at the time.
    I agree with all this but karma is a motherfukker.....it is what it is...Eli now feels what SD felt back in the day..

    shocka a solid poster...sucks for him and the team he roots for

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  28. #28
    QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 6,837
    Betpoints: 999

    I thought this was an announcement for an upcoming movie:

    In a league full of soft QBs, where helmets and shoulder pads collide,
    comes a story...
    Where one man will stand alone,



    Coming soon to a stadium near you.."

  29. #29
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    I agree with all this but karma is a motherfukker.....it is what it is...Eli now feels what SD felt back in the day..

    shocka a solid poster...sucks for him and the team he roots for
    my good friend is giving up his season tickets because of this. 50 yard line seats.... can't blame him

  30. #30
    JayDr3am
    when im on im on
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-14
    Posts: 17,213
    Betpoints: 6189

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Eli is the GOAT....... the fainting goat




  31. #31
    KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-07-06
    Posts: 1,981
    Betpoints: 102

    Have to admit, the guy has always been gracious and conducted himself with class.

    That being said, he should thank the football gods he has those two rings (along with Tyree and Manningham) and move on.

  32. #32
    SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-15-14
    Posts: 9,472


  33. #33
    bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-20-09
    Posts: 2,561
    Betpoints: 1959

    Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Just remember my Phukin Boy Eli going into the stick and taking hit after hit and getting the job done.. A lot of guys on here kicking my boy while he's down but can't show me someone who has gotten it done with class over and over.. What a sad day.
    he got sacked 6 times & hit 20 times in that game
    one of the toughest performances by a QB in recent history

  34. #34
    shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-06-12
    Posts: 16,779
    Betpoints: 2084

    Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    Have to admit, the guy has always been gracious and conducted himself with class.

    That being said, he should thank the football gods he has those two rings (along with Tyree and Manningham) and move on.
    ehhhh. if he hadn't broken out of 3 tackles to make that throw, and thrown an absolute dime to manningham, they don't have the rings.. real problem is for people to pay him his due, they have to admit they were wrong about the guy and that is the real pill thats difficult for some to swallow. Guy is accurate, always has been. Bone headed plays, sure but ill take someone who has balls to try some of the passes he makes than someone like Alex Smith who loves to take sacks. You want a guy who runs away from an undefeated team, tail between his legs? or one who says "lets fuckin go put it on em."

  35. #35
    krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-13-08
    Posts: 17,589
    Betpoints: 4317

    Average qb that had 2 inredible superbowl runs


    If the giants said we need to move in a different direction and look at our younger qb's, that is fine.

    But to come out and say geno smith gives you the best chance to win is just insane.

12 Last
Top