GodLoves
    GodLoves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Can Bitcoin/Quadrigacx disclose info to government like paypal?

Paypal use to be paradise in the 1990's, 2000's and even early 2010's when it came to transaction and avoiding or trimming taxes. But in the 2000's government started cracking on paypal and things became tighter. Now paypal is worse then your bank when it comes to disclosing your information to IRS or CRA (if your in canada). Can government force the hands of wallets like bitcoin or exchanges like Quadrigacx. I traded and have transactions totalling over 200k for the last 2 years via my bitcoin wallet and quadrigacx exchange.

What are the chances they do something like what paypal did recently. Below is the letter that paypal sent to its cusomers on Nov 13th.

We’re writing to notify you that we have received a Federal Court order requiring us to disclose information to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) about PayPal Business account holders who sent or received a payment between January 1, 2014, and November 10, 2017. To comply with the order, PayPal Canada will make a disclosure to the CRA within 45 days of the date of the order.

If you have any questions about this email, please refer to our list of Frequently Asked Questions or contact us through our Help Centre.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer. We’re committed to helping your business get the best online and mobile commerce solutions so you can grow your business and compete in today’s digital economy.

PayPal Canada

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

Quadringa is license to operate in Canada and would have to comply with any court order to supply information about you but you would have to ask them if they would do it under other circumstances. Like the CRA investigating a case or just asking questions. I doubt it but we would never know really.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

no biggie as long as there are 3rd party wallets

If they regulated 3rd party wallets then could be fukked

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jj

use 3-4 buffers for large btc transactions

OR...

just be legit and report

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thanks Sammy your ahead of the curve at all times

GodLoves

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Quadringa is license to operate in Canada and would have to comply with any court order to supply information about you but you would have to ask them if they would do it under other circumstances. Like the CRA investigating a case or just asking questions. I doubt it but we would never know really.
    But what paypal doing is not a case. CRA requested paypal that they disclose ALL ACCOUNTS and paypal is complying. If they do the same to Quadrigacx, how can Quad say no? Its a court order. If it happens, I think I am screwed. I did not report a single cent from my 2016 transactions. I will report 2017 when i file my taxes when the year ends. If i report, I am looking at paying in the upwards of 30 grand in tax and that is pure robbery. I do a lot of day trading and take a lot of risk, will they compensate me if I have a down year?

GodLoves

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    jj

use 3-4 buffers for large btc transactions

OR...

just be legit and report
    Please elaborate. thanks.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    no biggie as long as there are 3rd party wallets

If they regulated 3rd party wallets then could be fukked
    the more we see 3rd party wallets compatibility growing to other coins, the more likely this happens.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by GodLoves View Post
    Please elaborate. thanks.
    have a bunch of blockchain wallets so you don't hold a balance over 20k in either.

GodLoves

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    have a bunch of blockchain wallets so you don't hold a balance over 20k in either.
    But you cannot cash the coin to cash fromwallets. You need exchange like quadrigacx.

What are other good sites like Quadrigacx for canadians and americans?

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by GodLoves View Post
    But you cannot cash the coin to cash fromwallets. You need exchange like quadrigacx.

What are other good sites like Quadrigacx for canadians and americans?
    get a bit pay card.