Sobob99
    Sobob99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1234

Incorrect line that got settled?

So I placed a bunch of wagers on Round 3 Golf Matchups last night. One of them was J Etulain -0.5 vs M Hubbard and the line was +800, to me that was an obvious line error and I assumed this would be cancelled out. Heritage customer live chat was not online at the time so I went to sleep. I checked my account just now, and the wager has been settled a loss. Live chat is saying the line was good, but I highly doubt if I'd won, they would have given me the money. Are they free rolling me? What can I do here?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Sobob99 View Post
    So I placed a bunch of wagers on Round 3 Golf Matchups last night. One of them was J Etulain -0.5 vs M Hubbard and the line was +800, to me that was an obvious line error and I assumed this would be cancelled out. Heritage customer live chat was not online at the time so I went to sleep. I checked my account just now, and the wager has been settled a loss. Live chat is saying the line was good, but I highly doubt if I'd won, they would have given me the money. Are they free rolling me? What can I do here?
    You placed a bet and lost.

Actually, it sounds like you thought you were taking a shot at the book. Did you call the book and suggest that the line was off before placing the bet?

What are you expecting to happen here?

Where's the evidence of a free roll? Do you know if the book paid the winning side?

Most people complain when a win isn't paid, but you lost the shot, so what's the complaint?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

You took a shot. Lost, then complained when it wasn't YOUR free roll. Tony would have banned you at 5Dimes. Don't be a shot taker.

Sobob99

Fair enough to interpret it the way you guys did. I know it seems like I took a shot, but when I placed the wager, I thought it was +180, which was along the lines of what other books were offering. Only when I reviewed my wagers did I see it was +800. I have no clue if they paid the other side. I'm fine with them settling this as a loss, because I would have lost either way if the line had been +180 or +800. I'm new to online betting, so I'm just wondering what Heritage's rep is and if they are the ones that are free-rolling me and if they would have cancelled this bet if I had won?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Fair enough to interpret it the way you guys did. I know it seems like I took a shot, but when I placed the wager, I thought it was +180, which was along the lines of what other books were offering. Only when I reviewed my wagers did I see it was +800. I have no clue if they paid the other side. I'm fine with them settling this as a loss, because I would have lost either way if the line had been +180 or +800. I'm new to online betting, so I'm just wondering what Heritage's rep is and if they are the ones that are free-rolling me and if they would have cancelled this bet if I had won?
    Next time call the book before the game starts or early on and verify the line. If it's a mistake, you may get a small reward.

If you are ever in doubt, communicate with the book as soon as possible.

If a book manager thinks you took a shot, you may get treated harshly, like Nino said.

Good Luck.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Next time call the book before the game starts or early on and verify the line. If it's a mistake, you may get a small reward.

If you are ever in doubt, communicate with the book as soon as possible.

If a book manager thinks you took a shot, you may get treated harshly, like Nino said.

Good Luck.

I mean, I bet golf all the time and +800 for a +0.5 round matchup is a clear line error. If you say that you thought it was +180, then I'm not going to call you a liar. As KVB said, communication is best. I've seen lines 30 or 40 cents off in golf for Heritage vs. BookMaker/5Dimes and I hit up the wagering department to check if the line is valid before I place the bet. Best to error on the side of caution. Especially if you run into a mad man like Tony. I would recommend not making it a pattern. BOL on your wagers and I hope it wasn't a large bet

Sobob99

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I mean, I bet golf all the time and +800 for a +0.5 round matchup is a clear line error. If you say that you thought it was +180, then I'm not going to call you a liar. As KVB said, communication is best. I've seen lines 30 or 40 cents off in golf for Heritage vs. BookMaker/5Dimes and I hit up the wagering department to check if the line is valid before I place the bet. Best to error on the side of caution. Especially if you run into a mad man like Tony. I would recommend not making it a pattern. BOL on your wagers and I hope it wasn't a large bet
    Exactly! This is definitely a line error, and the fact that they are saying it's not sounds to me to be very fishy. It's my first time dealing with Heritage on something like this, that's why I'm asking if you guys have had any experience with them about this.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Exactly! This is definitely a line error, and the fact that they are saying it's not sounds to me to be very fishy. It's my first time dealing with Heritage on something like this, that's why I'm asking if you guys have had any experience with them about this.
    You can always fill out a complaint form and have SBR talk with them. It may get it resolved or they may determine you were taking a shot and are punishing you for it.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Could be a customer service rep just saying it's not an error because it was graded, one way or another. That rep may not even be considering any details.

Heritage is a good outfit, but sometimes low level customer service is lacking.

Make sure you get information from the wagering department directly.

By the same token, report any suspected errors directly to wagering.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

What books don't have you confirm the wager? the risk/win is usually right in front of you. I would think it would be hard not to notice the payout difference between +180 and +800. If this is a true story you need to be more aware of what you are doing as it involves $. An extra 0 or two on a loss could bury you, and not even with a bad line so you would sol.

Sobob99

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    What books don't have you confirm the wager? the risk/win is usually right in front of you. I would think it would be hard not to notice the payout difference between +180 and +800. If this is a true story you need to be more aware of what you are doing as it involves $. An extra 0 or two on a loss could bury you, and not even with a bad line so you would sol.
    Heritage lines move fast, and a lot of the time when I am reviewing wagers on the confirmation page, the line will move and I will lose the price. So I usually just click through quickly and then review the wager in my current bets. Heritage also allows you to cancel a wager you placed within 10 minutes. So I immediately contacted Customer Service via their Live Chat option to inquire about the wager, but it said Live chat was not available. Like I said, it looked to me as if the line was waaaay off, so I had assumed it would get cancelled. Either way, whatever the odds were, I lost the bet, so no issues with what happened, but if they would have cancelled the wager if it went my way, and if they have a history of doing that, then yes I have an issue with it.