lol

i hope he is able to feed his family.
    http://www.theplayerstribune.com/josh-smith-clippers/

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

He did it to himself.

Houston offered $7.7 mil and he left for Cali and a smaller contract. Some people are too stupid for their own good.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    He did it to himself.

Houston offered $7.7 mil and he left for Cali and a smaller contract. Some people are too stupid for their own good.
    like yourself?

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by Ebumdude View Post
    He did it to himself.

That's not true. They did not have his bird or early bird rights, only his non-bird rights, so they could only offer him up to 120% of his previous salary, which was for the bi annual exception. In other words, the offer was no where near 7 mill.

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Just my opinion, but would think athletes have to think differently about their income. We are all saving for retirement and we are trying to figure out how much we will need when the paychecks stop coming in. This is the same situation only athletes have to plan for a much much longer runway of no money coming in. It will be a change but hopefully not cut in half how he was living or he is ****** 15 years from now.

I have a reasonable expectation that I will earn my salary until I'm 60 let's say. Nba players have to reasonably expect they won't be getting paid after 40. Likely earlier than that even.
    Since they get paid a million times more than we do, why is this even an issue? Don't you think if someone paid you $10,000,000 that you could maybe make it stretch? These players that run through all their money, which is most of them, are brain dead.

Joey10
    Go Dolphins
    Joey10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Had a good friend sell his Super Bowl ring but he was far from a multi million dollar athlete in the NFL. Signed for about $500,000 and made tons in bonuses his rookie year when he started on the Super Bowl team Then made two pro bowls and struggled bonucing around to two other teams. He trusted wrong people with money and So-Called friends came out of Nowhere telling him to invest in their company ideas (Weight rooms, food industry, etc) He is a great guy that got caught up in the high life coming from a small school. The weird part is another teammate also started O-Line for the same team and invested money properly and is living off what he did in NFL. He was a long snapper for several teams and then got starting job after a few injuries to the O-LINE.
    It just really is who is a round them and who they are consistently giving money to. Everyone has their hands out and most of the time it is their family members (distant relatives mostly).

Whoever said this guy is going to be broke two years after he is done is wrong,, HE will be broke and bankrupt in 12 months after he is done playing ball.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Another Antoine walker/Marbury/iverson

All very dumb people

dishwasher
    dishwasher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1108

if I played only 1 season at the vet. min. I would NEVER look back. you are either smart or stupid with money. J Smoove is stupid as a brick. no sympathy here.

First 12