1. #1
    STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-13
    Posts: 3,718

    #1 Alabama vrs #4 Florida State : #2 Oregon vrs #3 Ohio State

    Old school Sugar Bowl matchup and an old school Rose bowl matchup : Oh yeah then we get to watch Urban beat Nick in the title game. Urb the one guy who can outsmart Nick

  2. #2
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Ohio State is your national champions.

    wonder what current odds will be for them to win it?

  3. #3
    STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-13
    Posts: 3,718

    two team open parlay... Bucks Moneyline in both... will pay better than their odds to win the title. you can make it a 4 team parlay and take the over in both games as well

  4. #4
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Baylor will be playing Oregon

    If you really go by strength of schedule I think Baylor slight nod

  5. #5
    GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-04-10
    Posts: 1,302
    Betpoints: 3157

    Ohio St/TCU/Bayor/Whoever is not going to be ranked ahead of an Undefeated power 5 FSU team

    1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. OSU

    Bama will take Ohio St behind the woodshed and FSU probably beats Oregon

  6. #6
    daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-14-08
    Posts: 27,836
    Betpoints: 6943

    I think TCU was really the #4 last week because of this... They could easily be jumped



    Select the top four teams for the playoff, rank them and assign them to semifinal sites.
    The two participants will be announced on December 7, 2014 (12:45 PM ET), based on the final rankings by the CFP committee. The matchups for the Rose Bowl and the other semifinal, the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, will be geographically selected to ensure the top team will be closest to its fanbase

  7. #7
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Ohio St/TCU/Bayor/Whoever is not going to be ranked ahead of an Undefeated power 5 FSU team

    1. Bama
    2. Oregon
    3. FSU
    4. OSU

    Bama will take Ohio St behind the woodshed and FSU probably beats Oregon
    you crazy pal.

    you seen what happens when a power running game like Wisconsin tried to go against the best...

    GOOSE EGG!

    Sabans club will get punched in the mouth. Ohio State way too physical for Bama.

  8. #8
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,900
    Betpoints: 528

    I agree now, OSU will get in. And I'm fine with that.

    All 3 teams deserve to be in and a great case can be made for all of them and against them.

    OSU had a bad loss and beat Mich St. and Wisc both of whom had ZERO quality wins but both were ranked highly. However, two Big 10 ex-coaches are on the committee and it's been well documented by people within the room that the ex-coaches have the most influence. They finished with the 26th SOS. They have beat a host of playoff eligible teams which seems to be a plus but playing in their conference that's almost a given. They also had what appeared to be the best win last night by beating #11 Wisconsin 59-0. Given everything, I think they're a slight favorite to take the 4th spot.

    TCU was 11-1 and has the highest SOS at #10. The two things going against them and they are quite ominious is that they lost to Baylor and they only beat six playoff eligible teams. In addition to having the highest SOS they also have the benefit of already being at #3 and they certainly did not give the committee any reason to drop them. Ultimately, I think they're they end up at #6 though because of what the other teams did.

    Baylor, 11-1 as well, has a SOS of #13 with seven wins against playoff teams. They also beat TCU yet were still ranked #6 last week. They did just beat a sound KSU team and that will help their cause but not enough but I do think it does just enough to edge them past TCU to be the last team left out.

  9. #9
    champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-19-14
    Posts: 712
    Betpoints: 4836

    If it's about money and it's usually is, oregon vs ohio state perfect rose bowl
    fsu alabama perfect sugar bowl. That's what i want to watch, as a fan.

  10. #10
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    I think Baylor had the most quality wins

  11. #11
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 58,074
    Betpoints: 36

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think Baylor had the most quality wins


  12. #12
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,900
    Betpoints: 528

    In order of quality wins

    Baylor
    TCU
    FSU
    OSU

  13. #13
    The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-25-11
    Posts: 28,900
    Betpoints: 528

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I agree now, OSU will get in. And I'm fine with that.

    All 3 teams deserve to be in and a great case can be made for all of them and against them.

    OSU had a bad loss and beat Mich St. and Wisc both of whom had ZERO quality wins but both were ranked highly. However, two Big 10 ex-coaches are on the committee and it's been well documented by people within the room that the ex-coaches have the most influence. They finished with the 26th SOS. They have beat a host of playoff eligible teams which seems to be a plus but playing in their conference that's almost a given. They also had what appeared to be the best win last night by beating #11 Wisconsin 59-0. Given everything, I think they're a slight favorite to take the 4th spot.

    TCU was 11-1 and has the highest SOS at #10. The two things going against them and they are quite ominious is that they lost to Baylor and they only beat six playoff eligible teams. In addition to having the highest SOS they also have the benefit of already being at #3 and they certainly did not give the committee any reason to drop them. Ultimately, I think they're they end up at #6 though because of what the other teams did.

    Baylor, 11-1 as well, has a SOS of #13 with seven wins against playoff teams. They also beat TCU yet were still ranked #6 last week. They did just beat a sound KSU team and that will help their cause but not enough but I do think it does just enough to edge them past TCU to be the last team left out.
    As predicted

  14. #14
    GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-04-10
    Posts: 1,302
    Betpoints: 3157

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    you crazy pal.

    you seen what happens when a power running game like Wisconsin tried to go against the best...

    GOOSE EGG!

    Sabans club will get punched in the mouth. Ohio State way too physical for Bama.
    Comparing Wisky to Bama because they run a pro style offense is like comparing Arky St. to Oregon because they both run a spread

    If you think OSU is going to be "way too physical" you obviously haven't watched Bama play or noticed the size and athleticism of both lines

    OSU would've had a better chance if their D-line was 100% with Spence

    Bama has fukkin 5 future NFL players on the O-line and probably another 3 on the bench

    Hope Bama goes down but don't see Ohio State pulling it off

  15. #15
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 6,619
    Betpoints: 16235

    Ohio St. is over-rated due to a big victory against an unmotivated opponent whereas they were motivated to the hilt. Alabama will beat OSU and probably cover.

  16. #16
    STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-13
    Posts: 3,718

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Ohio St. is over-rated due to a big victory against an unmotivated opponent whereas they were motivated to the hilt. Alabama will beat OSU and probably cover.
    god now ive heard it all. getting desperate there bud, unmotivated team in WIsconsin? they were only playing for a big ten title and a big time bowl, yeah unmotivated.

  17. #17
    DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-15-10
    Posts: 6,619
    Betpoints: 16235

    Take Alabama minus the points and see what happens.

  18. #18
    Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-01-11
    Posts: 43,254
    Betpoints: 14

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    Comparing Wisky to Bama because they run a pro style offense is like comparing Arky St. to Oregon because they both run a spread

    If you think OSU is going to be "way too physical" you obviously haven't watched Bama play or noticed the size and athleticism of both lines

    OSU would've had a better chance if their D-line was 100% with Spence

    Bama has fukkin 5 future NFL players on the O-line and probably another 3 on the bench

    Hope Bama goes down but don't see Ohio State pulling it off
    lol

Top