CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Inspirational video for all you lazy pricks

Whether you want to be the best gambler or athlete or just want to get off your lazy ass.....take a peek

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: frizzelli, and Darkside Magick

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

too lazy to watch and he's black, he's born to be better than me

CanuckG

too lazy to watch.....say it ain't so.

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9362

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    too lazy to watch and he's black, he's born to be better than me

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I love stuff like this. Always have.
    Thanks for sharing.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

canuckg why did you get banned?

opie1988

The song used for the background music in Canuck's video is by a band from Texas named "Explosions in the Sky". They're awesome.
    You guys make recognize them from another totally awesome song they did for a sports apparel company recently.....
    Last edited by opie1988; 09-13-11 at 10:38 PM.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

CanuckG

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    canuckg why did you get banned?
    when?

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Saw this a couple weeks ago, it's really motivating. Try and watch it every morning, love the line "When you want to succeed, as bad as you want to breathe. Then you'll be successful."

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post

when?
    LOL

Which time is the better question.

LOL

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

"When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

you have to pretend logic doesnt exist for that to make sense

also lol at the 50 Cent reference, the ultimate embodiment of success

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

so da guru sayd to im, if you wanna be good az me den you gotta have six generations selectively bred for strength and endurance. and you a beech mudafucka.

goofyre
    Cole World.
    goofyre's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    "When you want to be successful as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

you have to pretend logic doesnt exist for that to make sense

also lol at the 50 Cent reference, the ultimate embodiment of success
    When you are under water the only thing that matters is breathing, so hes saying that when you want to be successful it has to be the only thing that matters to you. More important then friends, sleep, parties, etc. I think it makes logical sense..

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Ugh, I seriously hate shit like this. It's just meant to stir up emotions within the viewers, to give them that tingly feeling like they can do anything. I hate bullshit like that. No basis on the realities of the world, just emotional BS. People love videos like this too because of how empowered they feel from watching. Well emotions are fake, emotions don't last, and emotions are irrational.

There is a reality that most of your success is predetermined from birth. Your genetics and your early socialization (environment) dictate about 90% of whether you will be successful or not. The other 10% is based on luck or random occurrences. I'm sick of hearing the same old, 'everybody has the same opportunities, just work hard and you'll be successful'. Usually this is followed by mindless idiots chanting 'USA USA USA'.

Do people honestly believe that the most successful people in the world worked harder than anyone else? It's so ludicrous to me. They worked just as hard as anyone else, but it's where they came from that put them where they are. A child from a lower class household can work 7 days a week and will most likely grow up to still be lower class. A high class child can work significantly less and grow up to be higher class.

What pisses me off about the video the most is that the clown tells you to stop eating and sleeping in order to get what you want. Here's another newsflash, why the fukk should we? Do we look like we want to cut 10-15 years off our lives? Yes proper eating and sleep patterns are essential to a healthy life. And this guy is saying to cut sleep and eating to work harder. Successful people don't do this. Ironically it's the LEAST successful people who only get 3 or 4 hours sleep, and are in danger of negative health.

People love to rely on emotions to lead them in life, and I hate it more than anything. Be rational, forget the stupid emotional messages of 'sacrifice everything in order to succeed, etc...' Study american sociology, recognize the stratification, recognize that whether you are successful or not depends on your genetics, socialization, and luck.

Genetically speaking, yes, many people from lower income families can go on to become successful, but it may just be based on genetics. Being an athlete, a singer, or some other type of entertainer is a popular 'way out' of the lower class system, but you need the genetic 'gifts' in order to make it. They call talented players 'gifted'. Gifted means they were granted genetic abilities that surpass regular people, thus the word GIFTed. They could have worked just as hard as their buddies in high school basketball, but it's their genetic gifts that set them apart. Genetics was the main determinant, NOT 'hard work'.

Sociologically, there doesn't need to be much said. The studies have shown, if you are born into a lower class family, you will stay there. You can work harder than the kid born in to the middle class family, but you will most likely stay lower class, and he will most likely stay middle class.

I've already wrote way too much, but I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm not saying it's impossible for a lower class person to work their way out of their position, but it is rare and the amount of work needed is tremendously higher than the work other classes need to do, and there is too much sacrifice involved (ie, no sleeping or eating, no social life, stress, depression, physical health sacrifices), and in my mind is not worth it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched 300lbs man who ran a marathon under 10 hours. amazing timing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    Ugh, I seriously hate shit like this. It's just meant to stir up emotions within the viewers, to give them that tingly feeling like they can do anything. I hate bullshit like that. No basis on the realities of the world, just emotional BS. People love videos like this too because of how empowered they feel from watching. Well emotions are fake, emotions don't last, and emotions are irrational.

There is a reality that most of your success is predetermined from birth. Your genetics and your early socialization (environment) dictate about 90% of whether you will be successful or not. The other 10% is based on luck or random occurrences. I'm sick of hearing the same old, 'everybody has the same opportunities, just work hard and you'll be successful'. Usually this is followed by mindless idiots chanting 'USA USA USA'.

Do people honestly believe that the most successful people in the world worked harder than anyone else? It's so ludicrous to me. They worked just as hard as anyone else, but it's where they came from that put them where they are. A child from a lower class household can work 7 days a week and will most likely grow up to still be lower class. A high class child can work significantly less and grow up to be higher class.

What pisses me off about the video the most is that the clown tells you to stop eating and sleeping in order to get what you want. Here's another newsflash, why the fukk should we? Do we look like we want to cut 10-15 years off our lives? Yes proper eating and sleep patterns are essential to a healthy life. And this guy is saying to cut sleep and eating to work harder. Successful people don't do this. Ironically it's the LEAST successful people who only get 3 or 4 hours sleep, and are in danger of negative health.

People love to rely on emotions to lead them in life, and I hate it more than anything. Be rational, forget the stupid emotional messages of 'sacrifice everything in order to succeed, etc...' Study american sociology, recognize the stratification, recognize that whether you are successful or not depends on your genetics, socialization, and luck.

Genetically speaking, yes, many people from lower income families can go on to become successful, but it may just be based on genetics. Being an athlete, a singer, or some other type of entertainer is a popular 'way out' of the lower class system, but you need the genetic 'gifts' in order to make it. They call talented players 'gifted'. Gifted means they were granted genetic abilities that surpass regular people, thus the word GIFTed. They could have worked just as hard as their buddies in high school basketball, but it's their genetic gifts that set them apart. Genetics was the main determinant, NOT 'hard work'.

Sociologically, there doesn't need to be much said. The studies have shown, if you are born into a lower class family, you will stay there. You can work harder than the kid born in to the middle class family, but you will most likely stay lower class, and he will most likely stay middle class.

I've already wrote way too much, but I just wanted to get that off my chest. I'm not saying it's impossible for a lower class person to work their way out of their position, but it is rare and the amount of work needed is tremendously higher than the work other classes need to do, and there is too much sacrifice involved (ie, no sleeping or eating, no social life, stress, depression, physical health sacrifices), and in my mind is not worth it.

That might be the post of the year

Of course you can work hard with little and do better for yourself
    Anyone can work 2 jobs stay single and save a nice chunk of money
    Although its not all about hard work, some are gifted whether physically, mentally, verbally, etc and things come very easy to them

Its hard to come from a poor family or poor neighborhood and be a success, of course some do but for the most part they stay within their environments

Gambling wise no such thing as hard work and winning unlerss your just scalping with no risk

Sports it helps a little but can only take you so far

Genetics always win at everything in life

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That might be the post of the year
    Of course you can work hard with little and do better for yourself
    Anyone can work 2 jobs stay single and save a nice chunk of money
    Although its not all about hard work, some are gifted whether physically, mentally, verbally, etc and things come very easy to them
    Its hard to come from a poor family or poor neighborhood and be a success, of course some do but for the most part they stay within their environments
    Gambling wise no such thing as hard work and winning unlerss your just scalping with no risk
    Sports it helps a little but can only take you so far
    Genetics always win at everything in life
    Is this really how you feel at 6:45 am? (5:45 am here)

If so, gonna be a long day when you start off with such a bleak outlook.

What's got you so down? Seems as of late you're regressing to your "woe is me, mad at the world and my lot in life" depressed funk phase.

Does this have anything to do with you recently spending time with Fishhead in Vegas? Does the adage misery loves company prove itself when your path coincided with Fishy's?

You're better than this, JJ. Pick yourself up.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post

wow that is a lot of typing lol .... maybe you should write a book on emotions

thejanitor
    thejanitor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1779

The gate jumping near the end is impressive.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

What use are those genetic gifts if you don't get up off your ass and get it done? I like the emotions this video conjures. I agree it is significantly harder for someone BORN in a lower class environment to make it big without using their gifts and becoming a basketball/football player.

"What pisses me off about the video the most is that the clown tells you to stop eating and sleeping in order to get what you want. Here's another newsflash, why the fukk should we? Do we look like we want to cut 10-15 years off our lives? Yes proper eating and sleep patterns are essential to a healthy life. And this guy is saying to cut sleep and eating to work harder. Successful people don't do thiS"

The guy didnt say to stop eating or drinking, he was just basically saying that those who want to get ahead are so focused on what they want to achieve that basic necessities plays second fiddle.

No emotion at all is fake, you are feeling it for a reason. You might say the way the catalyst to those emotions were constructed were based on false pretenses, but emotion is never FAKE.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    What use are those genetic gifts if you don't get up off your ass and get it done? I like the emotions this video conjures. I agree it is significantly harder for someone BORN in a lower class environment to make it big without using their gifts and becoming a basketball/football player.

"What pisses me off about the video the most is that the clown tells you to stop eating and sleeping in order to get what you want. Here's another newsflash, why the fukk should we? Do we look like we want to cut 10-15 years off our lives? Yes proper eating and sleep patterns are essential to a healthy life. And this guy is saying to cut sleep and eating to work harder. Successful people don't do thiS"

The guy didnt say to stop eating or drinking, he was just basically saying that those who want to get ahead are so focused on what they want to achieve that basic necessities plays second fiddle.

No emotion at all is fake, you are feeling it for a reason. You might say the way the catalyst to those emotions were constructed were based on false pretenses, but emotion is never FAKE.

You get it. Others never will.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold

If your parents have bad genetics their is a good chance you will have issues

Study genetics and you shall see.

Majority of pro athletes were gifted at a very young age

Man I could make a good video on this featuring Opie as one of my examples

Let me see, I got an idea

Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

If a blade of grass can grow in a concrete walk and a fig tree in the side of a mountain cliff, a human being empowered with an invincible faith can survive all odds the world can throw against his tortured soul.

- Robert H. Schuller

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

You get it. Others never will.
    Opie is a real dude unlike jj

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23623

inspirational video or not......that guy is one hell of an athlete

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Masu,

Ever think your parents had the same mindstate?

Your fukked from the beginning...

Break the cycle...

jjgold

If genetics did not play a major part in success and I will just use sports for now you would see lots more white players do well in track and field, football and hoops

Black do not work harder than whites therefore they become stars

Black men and women are genetically gifted especially physically

They are bigger, stronger and faster than whites

Their bodies were built that way

They would dominate hockey, soccer and baseball too if they showed an interest also because they have all the physical skills required to dominate

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

emotions are like anything else inside you.

thoughts are nothing until they become words, emotions are nothing until they become actions
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dax