pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post

When dollars are involved marketing does not discriminate.
    Poor people just buy food raw materials and never buy anything retail. How is the stock market affect them? You only need noodles to make spaghetti and clothing you can buy at yard sales at a fraction of cost.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

The stock market is one of the best things to ever happen to the "poor." It is because of the stock market that the "poor" have cell phones, TV's, cars, and microwave ovens at cheap prices. You ever wonder why a new DVD player when they first came out cost $1000, and today you can get one for $20? Thank the stock market for making it easy to bring in competition, expansion, and innovation. It is because of the stock market that the "poor" can walk into any emergency room (at least in America) and get free medical attention without the rest of us worrying about the hospital going bust. It is because of the stock market that the "poor" can always have access to gasoline and a bag of chips at the local Stop & Go.

The market plays a critical, critical role in the economy, the same way futures and commodity traders do (another group of people who assume great risk so the average person does not have to). This hatred of the so-called rich (most of whom aren't any where near "rich") is totally irrational and frankly beyond ignorant. If you had any sort of economic understanding at all, you would love the market, love the futures traders, love the "rich," especially in America where the top 25% of income earners pay 86% of all taxes, and the top 50% of income earners pay almost 98% of all taxes. The "poor" (most of whom have cable TV, an iPhone, multiple vehicles, and are fat pigs because they get so much to eat) are getting off scot-free.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Poor people just buy food raw materials and never buy anything retail. How is the stock market affect them? You only need noodles to make spaghetti and clothing you can buy at yard sales at a fraction of cost.

You're right pavy and I am wrong. Carry on sir.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by mrmarket View Post

You're right pavy and I am wrong. Carry on sir.
    What I mean is poor people adapt better to stock market being down. They will use their money more efficiently by buying only absolute necessities for food and find bargains on clothing whereas a rich person is going to have a hard time cutting out on eating steak out at fancy restaurants or bying non-designer clothing.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Poor people don't buy stocks.
    Poor people don't even know the stock market is going down/changing.

But definition of "poor" is the key here.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    im not poor
    Discover would disagree.

jarvol

Nothing but the rich feeding the rich and its all they care about. The rich want to get richer, complain about it and never help anyone but themselves.
    This is a microcosm of what is wrong with much of America. Nobody is obligated to help you and give you handouts (except at the threat of the US gestapo gov't). EVERYDAMNBODY in America is given the same rights. EVERYDAMNBODY has the right to a free education. If some people choose not to embrace that education and choose not to learn a job skill that is in demand and choose to have children they can not afford and choose to break laws that get them incarcerated then they have nobody to blame but themselves. Actions have consequences. The era of personal responsibility is coming. Better get used to it.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

handouts??? when did i or anyone ask for a handout? Only mexicans and blacks do that. Your the problem withthe world jarvol

It's the rich people making the stock market crash, not anyone from low or mid,

FACT

jarvol

handouts??? when did i or anyone ask for a handout? Only mexicans and blacks do that. Your the problem withthe world jarvol

It's the rich people making the stock market crash, not anyone from low or mid,

FACT
    You said it in the first post that the rich don't help others so clearly it bothers you that they don't provide everything for you. Are they obligated?

Rich people making the stock market crash? People from all walks of life selling is what is making the market crash. You nor anybody else is forced to be long stocks. Go eat an extra helping of personal responsibility for dinner lardass.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Its so funny hearing rich folks nowadays telling people to go to work when in reality it was their great grand parents who were really working their asses off and they are just around spending money and scheming people and fkin it up for everybody. go get a 9-5 u greedy lying thieving bastards!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grandmaster B

jarvol

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    Its so funny hearing rich folks nowadays telling people to go to work when in reality it was their great grand parents who were really working their asses off and they are just around spending money and scheming people and fkin it up for everybody. go get a 9-5 u greedy lying thieving bastards!
    A 9-5?

I embraced education, acquired in-demand job skills, and worked all over the world 24/7 for years making my company and its clients millions upon millions. That, along with my smart and fortunate investments, in particularly shorting several housing, bank, and auto stocks in 2008 afforded me the opportunity to retire at a young age. My great grandparents or a trust fund or inheritance had nothing to do with. I, like everybody else in America, have the same opportunities. If people don't want to educate themselves or learn a valuable skill like becoming a plumber or electrician or mechanic or spend choose to get $100k+ in loans so they can get a degree in philosophy or sociology or refuse to network and be socialable with their peers and mentors and just want to bitch about not having a job with a good income.....well they made poor choices and need to take responsibility for them and do something about it instead of sticking their hand out.

play2winit
    play2winit's Avatar Become A Pro!

You need money to make money, it gets harder to make money when there is a smaller supply (hoarding).

wikkidinsane

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    I, like everybody else in America, have the same opportunities.
    That is where you are wrong . Not everyone have the same opportunities. How did you pay for educations? Im curious. Did you ever take out loans? I am currently in college and If i dont take out loans I cant strive like you in this country. To make ends meet I have to work 40+ hours a week while going to school. How did you pay for your education sir?

jarvol

That is where you are wrong . Not everyone have the same opportunities. How did you pay for educations? Im curious. Did you ever take out loans? I am currently in college and If i dont take out loans I cant strive like you in this country. To make ends meet I have to work 40+ hours a week while going to school. How did you pay for your education sir?
    Scholarships, need based free grants, race based free grants, and loans are available to everybody. You also had your teen or younger years to get a job and save money for you education and cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, etc in your neighborhood. Your parents also had 18 to save for you college education. Perhaps you should ask them why they didn't take more responsibility for financing your education.

wikkidinsane

"Scholarships, need based free grants, race based free grants, and loans are available to everybody."

Wrong sir, they arent available to everybody and that is why i have school debt now.

"You also had your teen or younger years to get a job and save money for you education and cut grass, rake leaves, wash cars, etc in your neighborhood"

You mean people actually go to school and are able to pay for college by cutting grass and raking leaves, bs.

My parents were in the same situation I was in but even worse with segregation in schools only ended 10 years or so before they started school.

Answer my question. How did you pay for your education and what institution did you attend sir?

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

When the market does well, my confidence increases. I feel better about my financial health and purchase items which help the economy and generate jobs. When the market does well, I am more willing to make charitable contributions to worthwhile recipents. When the market does poorly, I scale back on purchases and contributions. Consumer confidence is a huge problem now. Most people (responsible ones) scale back on expenditures and increase savings during uncertain times.

I was reading an article regarding Obamas response to the US debt downgrade last night. No need to copy, same old stuff. Everyones fault, but his and we need to raise the taxes on the rich. The rich and most of the people working are the only ones playing taxes. Not enough people pulling the wagon and Obama continues to invite more aboard for a free ride. Anyway, I was reading some of the responses following the article. This one hit the nail on the head. Free college and free this and that. People take for granted things they didn't earn and it's real easy to be generous with other peoples money, heh?

I was talking to my next door neighbors the other day, and their young daughter walked up. I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew and and she stated that she wanted to be president.

Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked
    her, 'If you were to be the President, what's the first thing you would do?'

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.' -her parents just beamed.

'Wow - what a worthy goal.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until
    you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the grass, pull weeds, and rake my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store
    where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use
    toward food or a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, 'cause she's only 6.

And while her Mom glared at me, the little girl looked me straight in the
    eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work,
    and you can just pay him the $50?'

And I said, 'My thoughts exactly. Welcome to the Republican Party.'

jarvol

Answer my question. How did you pay for your education and what institution did you attend sir?
    I received some scholarship money, I was a well paid intern at a large corporation for 3 semesters, and my fiscally responsible parents paid for some as well.

wikkidinsane

lol @ fiscally responsible parents stfu dude. Your parents helped you and im glad you admitted it. Im not bashing you at all for that, just that it took you that long to admit your parents helped you. You see it's a cycle man. Wealthy inherit more wealth. Im not knocking your hustle, you are doing well based on what you have explained to me, but if I had got welfare from my parents I wouldn't have to worry about money and actually focus more on school and stock markets etc and not have work my ass off to stay alive. Good luck

ttwarrior1

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago,
    you would have $49.00 today! If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG, you would have $33.00. If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0.00 today. But, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.00.
    Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.
    It is called the 401-Keg Plan! CHEERS!

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Yola has been dropping like crazy around here.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have $49.00 today! If you purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG, you would have $33.00. If you purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers, you would have $0.00 today. But, if you purchased $1,000 worth of beer, drank all the beer, turned in the aluminum cans for recycling, you would have $214.00. Therefore the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg Plan! CHEERS!
    And if u were smart enough to short all those stocks u mentioned you would be sitting prettier than most here....
    When will you learn that knowledge is power

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

The poor can afford the yola

Not a good thing

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Without the rich, there are no poor.

Without the poor, there are no rich.

wikkidinsane

Damn i wish my poor ass would have $3000 to invest a year ago I would have 100 dollars right now. To strive trading stocks you have to have crazy money upfront . $3000 for 100...

ttwarrior1

rich people that invest deserve to lose it all. Most are punks , it shouldn't be about the money you have but the person you are

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

rich people that invest deserve to lose it all. Most are punks , it shouldn't be about the money you have but the person you are

You're half right. Why would you wish ANYONE a loss on investments....unless of course you're the one on the opposite side of the ticket for that particular trade.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

stock market and poor people is a oxymoron.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

none of it is reinvested to help anyone

Live in a city of 5 thousand and now we have about 100 people in the homeless shelter and about 20 that live on a park bench when they sneak in at nite. I wonder if they care about the stock market

Focus needs to be on

1 creating good jobs
    2 bringing jobs back to america that were over seas
    3. Quit wasting money on stupid shit
    4. Who cares about the national debt. We don't owe any country anything. If they don't like it , thats tough.

As far as creating jobs... there has to be a need for a job. You can't just give someone a job just to give them a job b/c somebody has to write the paychecks... America could stop allowing people to sell stuff that is not made in America or maybe if it is not made in America tax the **** out of it so companies will be forced to set up their factories in stuff in America and stop exploiting the cheap labor in China, Taiwan, Phillipines etc...

also LEGALIZE

Marijuana
    Gambling
    Prostitution

and tax it

wikkidinsane

also LEGALIZE

Marijuana
    Gambling
    Prostitution

and tax it

THATS WHAT IM SAYING!

ACoochy

also LEGALIZE Marijuana Gambling Prostitution and tax it THATS WHAT IM SAYING!
    This alone would rake in enough taxes to wipe off more than a third of National Debt...Too bad the paedophilic sympathizers in the church wont ever see it this way....

play2winit
    play2winit's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the government can't create jobs or create 'demand' for corporations to want to hire more people
    and if corporations can't create jobs or demand for citizens to spend more then we need to legalize drugs, prostitution and gambling.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

or low mid class or middle class Nothing but the rich feeding the rich and its all they care about. The rich want to get richer, complain about it and never help anyone but themselves.
    people see the stock market going down
    and wants it goes back up, nothing but greedy people will be involved.
    why should poor people even worry about the stock market? They dont own any stocks nor will they own any. They should worry about something that actually effects them. Why even think about it? Most poor people probably could care less.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Gambling and marijuana I agree with.....but prostitution is kinda making the country look sleazy. Plus the spread of viruses and diseases would be terrible. But I am all for the first two as well as raising taxes on anyone making $65,000 or higher by 1%.

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Gambling and marijuana I agree with.....but prostitution is kinda making the country look sleazy. Plus the spread of viruses and diseases would be terrible. But I am all for the first two as well as raising taxes on anyone making $65,000 or higher by 1%.
    U can regulate prostitution like anything else...A couple of the states here have decriminalized (note not legal but not illegal either) prostitution and bring in hundreds of millions per year in taxes as a result...Everyone knows it happens so y deny its existance??
    Not a supporter of prostitution per say, just can see the benefits of tightly regulating the practice...

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

1.You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my friend is the beginning of the end of any society.

First 12