1. #71
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    i'm a huge bulls fan but rose has become massively overrated in nba fan forums



    he's a fantastic player and a top 5 talent, but the best in league?? That's crazy talk



    his midrange and long range shot is still very streaky. He needs to make both more consistent to be the best player in the league

    he is easily one of the top 6 players in the nba

    lebron
    howard
    kobe
    durant
    rose
    wade

  2. #72
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    RONDO = ROSE

    IS LIKE SAYING

    KURT THOMAS = DWIGHT HOWARD

    In terms of a Celtics-Bulls series, yes, Rondo=Rose. Both are the most important players on their teams. Both offenses run through them, albeit in different ways. Rondo and Rose have been pretty damn even in their 3 matchups this year... Rondo had 1 amazing game and 2 average, Rose had 1 amazing game and 2 average

  3. #73
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Rondo is a "true" PG, where Rose is a PG/SG hybrid. Rondo is better at running an offense through other people but being the field general, Rose is better at using his offensive abilities to make the D adjust for him, which opens up teammates. Rondo's long range shot sucks, but his mid-range has gotten significantly better. Rose is a better shooter and better with contact, Rondo has the edge in defense.

    Personally, I think a team with Rondo at PG and Rose at SG would be entertaining as hell to watch.

    COMMON GUY !!!

    ONLY HIS ASSISTS ARE IMPRESSIVE... AND WHOSE WOULDNT BE WITH KG , PIERCE , AND RAY ALLEN ?

    I WOULD HONESTLY AND EASILY TAKE THESE PG's BEFORE RONDO

    ROSE
    WESTBROOK
    CP3
    DERRON WILLIAMS

    AND IF IT WASNT FOR THEIR AGE:

    TONY PARKER
    NASH

    1) RONDO CANT SHOOT FROM 3 POINT LAND

    2) RONDO HAS NO MID RANGE JUMPER

    3) RONDO HITS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE...FROM A PG !!!!!???? THIS ISNT SHAQ WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

    HE IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT... BUT TALK ABOUT OVER RATED

  4. #74
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    he is easily one of the top 6 players in the nba

    lebron
    howard
    kobe
    durant
    rose
    wade
    I agree with this. I'll say top 7, and throw Carmelo out there, but it really depends on what your team needs in deciding the order of the last few of the top 7. LBJ, Dwight, and Durant are in a league of their own IMO

  5. #75
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    In terms of a Celtics-Bulls series, yes, Rondo=Rose. Both are the most important players on their teams. Both offenses run through them, albeit in different ways. Rondo and Rose have been pretty damn even in their 3 matchups this year... Rondo had 1 amazing game and 2 average, Rose had 1 amazing game and 2 average
    OK.... IM DONE

    PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE KID

    YOU ARE SOUNDING STUPID

    SO YOU ARE TELLING ME IF YOU WERE DRAFTING A TEAM FROM SCRATCH AND COULD PICK ANY NBA PLAYERS.. IT WOULD BE HARD FOR YOU TO CHOOSE BETWEEN DROSE AND RONDO ??

    TALKING ABOUT ONE OF THE TOP 5-6 PLAYERS IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE... AND A GUY WHO IS IN THE TOP 40 ? 50 ?

    COMMON !!!


  6. #76
    NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-07
    Posts: 8,152
    Betpoints: 9959

    Celtics flex their muscles and show the Bulls the championship trail goes through the Celtics.

  7. #77
    hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-07-09
    Posts: 2,414

    Celtics +2 1st half

  8. #78
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    COMMON GUY !!!

    ONLY HIS ASSISTS ARE IMPRESSIVE... AND WHOSE WOULDNT BE WITH KG , PIERCE , AND RAY ALLEN ?

    I WOULD HONESTLY AND EASILY TAKE THESE PG's BEFORE RONDO

    ROSE
    WESTBROOK
    CP3
    DERRON WILLIAMS

    AND IF IT WASNT FOR THEIR AGE:

    TONY PARKER
    NASH

    1) RONDO CANT SHOOT FROM 3 POINT LAND

    2) RONDO HAS NO MID RANGE JUMPER

    3) RONDO HITS 50 % FROM THE FREE THROW LINE...FROM A PG !!!!!???? THIS ISNT SHAQ WE ARE TALKING ABOUT

    HE IS GOOD BUT NOT GREAT... BUT TALK ABOUT OVER RATED
    As a Cs fan, there isn't a single PG I would take over Rondo for this team. 100% serious. They don't need a PG who can shoot 3s... they have Ray (the GOAT), Pierce, Delonte, and Green to do that. Rondo actually has a decent pull-up jumper now... he's worked on it a lot this season. And he averages less than 2 FTAs per game, so I'm not worried. In the last possession of a game, he's inbounding to Ray, Pierce, and KG (plus either Green or Delonte), all of whom are amazing FT shooters.

    Rondo is an absolute perfect fit for the Cs, and he truly is the leader on the floor. The Big 3 listen to him, not the other way around. He runs them. Plus, his defense is only rivaled by CP3 as far as PGs go

  9. #79
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    OK.... IM DONE

    PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE KID

    YOU ARE SOUNDING STUPID

    SO YOU ARE TELLING ME IF YOU WERE DRAFTING A TEAM FROM SCRATCH AND COULD PICK ANY NBA PLAYERS.. IT WOULD BE HARD FOR YOU TO CHOOSE BETWEEN DROSE AND RONDO ??

    TALKING ABOUT ONE OF THE TOP 5-6 PLAYERS IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE... AND A GUY WHO IS IN THE TOP 40 ? 50 ?

    COMMON !!!

    Reading comprehension, bro... learn it, use it, love it

    I said "in terms of a Celtics-Bulls series", not "if I was free to start a franchise with anyone, Rondo=Rose"

    Edit- and Rondo is top 25 AT WORST. I would have him around 15th or so

  10. #80
    brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-08-10
    Posts: 8,624

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    As a Cs fan, there isn't a single PG I would take over Rondo for this team. 100% serious. They don't need a PG who can shoot 3s... they have Ray (the GOAT), Pierce, Delonte, and Green to do that. Rondo actually has a decent pull-up jumper now... he's worked on it a lot this season. And he averages less than 2 FTAs per game, so I'm not worried. In the last possession of a game, he's inbounding to Ray, Pierce, and KG (plus either Green or Delonte), all of whom are amazing FT shooters.

    Rondo is an absolute perfect fit for the Cs, and he truly is the leader on the floor. The Big 3 listen to him, not the other way around. He runs them. Plus, his defense is only rivaled by CP3 as far as PGs go

    Rondo isn't really as good of a defender as you think



    he gets a lot of steals but one on one?? there's a lot of guards in the league who can dominate him. He benefits from terrific team defenders who are always willing to help cut off penetration

    really same thing as D Rose


    both D Rose and Rondo have about the same defensive efficiency rating (103 vs 102). Both are pretty good defenders, but I don't consider them shutdown defenders like say Bruce Bowen was by any stretch

  11. #81
    twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-11
    Posts: 2,388

    take bulls tomorrow then take the wizards on friday when celtics will be on a b2b. good luck

  12. #82
    rupesh1214
    rupesh1214's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 29

    Rondo is nothin compared to Rose.

  13. #83
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Rondo isn't really as good of a defender as you think



    he gets a lot of steals but one on one?? there's a lot of guards in the league who can dominate him. He benefits from terrific team defenders who are always willing to help cut off penetration

    really same thing as D Rose


    both D Rose and Rondo have about the same defensive efficiency rating (103 vs 102). Both are pretty good defenders, but I don't consider them shutdown defenders like Bruce Bowen was by any stretch
    Rondo absolutely is an elite defender. From watching every single Cs game this year, I am confident in saying that. Obviously the team D aspect helps, but even 1 on 1, Rondo is elite. Hell, he even covered Lebron incredibly well, frustrated the shit out of him, and took him completely out of his game (6'1", 190 vs 6'8", 250?).

    He does take a few more chances, knowing he has the great team D behind him, but he'll tone that down in the playoffs like usual

  14. #84
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Reading comprehension, bro... learn it, use it, love it

    I said "in terms of a Celtics-Bulls series", not "if I was free to start a franchise with anyone, Rondo=Rose"

    Edit- and Rondo is top 25 AT WORST. I would have him around 15th or so

    TOP 25 ????

    NO WAY KID

    Lebron
    Howard
    Kobe
    Durant
    Rose
    Wade
    Carmelo
    Amare
    Monte Ellis
    Kevin Love
    Kevin Martin
    Dirk
    Blake Griffin
    Westbrook
    CP3
    D Will
    Zach Randolph
    Gasol
    Granger
    Al Jefferson
    Pierce
    Garnett
    Bosh
    Joe Johnson
    Manu
    Deng
    Lee
    Horford
    ODOM
    Aldridge
    Roy
    Gay
    Gerald Wallace
    Devin Harris
    Iguodala
    Stephen Curry
    NASH ( THE AGE THING THO )


    THATS ABOUT 40 GUYS RIGHT THERE I COULD NAME OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD

    IF I COULD PICK ONLY ONE GUY TO ADD ON MY TEAM FROM ALL OF THE ONES LISTED ABOVE ... I WOULD PICK ALL OF THOSE B4 RONDO

  15. #85
    GTS925
    21-7 Run!
    GTS925's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-06-10
    Posts: 1,158

    Devin Harris?

  16. #86
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    TOP 25 ????

    NO WAY KID

    Lebron
    Howard
    Kobe
    Durant
    Rose
    Wade
    Carmelo
    Amare
    Monte Ellis- no defense
    Kevin Love- empty stats on a bad team, avg at best
    Kevin Martin- scorer, plays no D, folds under pressure
    Dirk
    Blake Griffin
    Westbrook- he's a chucker, a weaker DRose
    CP3
    D Will- meh, overrated IMO
    Zach Randolph- lol
    Gasol
    Granger- ehhh maybe
    Al Jefferson- lol
    Pierce
    Garnett
    Bosh- we'll see how he handles playoff pressure
    Joe Johnson- you want a guy who only cares about his stats, and sucks now?
    Manu- only if you like floppers
    Deng- maybe in a few yrs
    Lee- lol
    Horford
    ODOM- overrated, aggressive bench player?
    Aldridge
    Roy- never healthy
    Gay- lol
    Gerald Wallace- maybe
    Devin Harris- lol
    Iguodala- lolno
    Stephen Curry- shooter, plays no D
    NASH ( THEY AGE THING THO )- 1 of the worst defensive PGs, if not the worst


    IF I COULD PICK ONE GUY TO ADD ON MY TEAM ... I WOULD PICK ALL OF THOSE B4 RONDO
    If I
    Only ones I would take over Rondo are the ones without comments. Pierce and Garnett rely so much on Rondo, that I don't know if I would take either over him at this point in their careers. Watch Rondo in the playoffs... he turns it up even more than what he's doing now

  17. #87
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Quote Originally Posted by gts925 View Post
    devin harris?

    4 less assists per game and 10 points more per game

  18. #88
    Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-15-11
    Posts: 2,119
    Betpoints: 12

    Yeah, no Bynum or Perkins either. GG must not be a D guy?

    Anyways, this is still going on. Don't think you'll ever convince him GG, it's like talking to Red Sox fans, ya know. It's more than a team, it's a way of life.

  19. #89
    THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-04-08
    Posts: 8,971

    do think Bulls are a fraud but that will not be evident until the Hawks who are horrible in many aspects beat them in the 2nd round

  20. #90
    rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-26-10
    Posts: 3,487

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Yeah, no Bynum or Perkins either. GG must not be a D guy?

    Anyways, this is still going on. Don't think you'll ever convince him GG, it's like talking to Red Sox fans, ya know. It's more than a team, it's a way of life.
    No, its just a team. Its just amusing that people think Rondo's so overrated, and yet Bulls fans jump all over anyone who thinks Rose is a bit overrated or not the MVP. Just defending their team, that's all. Plus, its all for kicks anyway

  21. #91
    bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-10
    Posts: 1,059
    Betpoints: 191

    BOSH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

  22. #92
    t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-18-09
    Posts: 38,099
    Betpoints: 1486

    Alright enough talk about rondo... What is everyone's play on this game?

  23. #93
    chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-11
    Posts: 3,245
    Betpoints: 12

    Bulls ML

  24. #94
    chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-11
    Posts: 3,245
    Betpoints: 12

    How's Rondo doing guarding D.Rose.

    Still think he can guard him 1 on 1, rsnnh?

  25. #95
    Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-26-09
    Posts: 12,068


  26. #96
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar Horses Moderator
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 346,435
    Betpoints: 251

    Boston is done

  27. #97
    goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-25-07
    Posts: 8,341
    Betpoints: 394

    Rondo = Rose


  28. #98
    chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-14-11
    Posts: 3,245
    Betpoints: 12

    I love coming back to these threads after the game and read the stupid comments from idiot NBA fans.

    30 points 8 assists, HOW YA LIKE HIM NAOW?



    Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    do think Bulls are a fraud but that will not be evident until the Hawks who are horrible in many aspects beat them in the 2nd round

  29. #99
    twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-29-11
    Posts: 2,388

    Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    take bulls tomorrow then take the wizards on friday when celtics will be on a b2b. good luck
    remember i said this. 1 down , wizards + points and alittle on ml tomorrow

  30. #100
    spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-10-11
    Posts: 9,994

    the celtics fade wins again.

    WINNING.

    WINNING.

First 123
Top