Originally posted on 04/22/2018:

Through the randomness of the internet, Dave came into my life three years ago. With a daily dose of wisdom, patience and compassion, he taught me about the bouncing balls on the courts and fields of play, and the human condition we experience through the journey of life. His only demand was that I bring a desire to learn and treat all in the community with dignity and respect. I have yet to find a better bargain in life.

Through his daily missives and the dialogue he fostered in the forums, he taught me about the importance of the human spirit, and its ability to soar to unimaginable highs, and ebb to unthinkable lows. The message from Dave was loud and clear: sports and life are about more than numbers. They are about the people, their energy, their spirit and their relationships.

Through the randomness of life, Dave has left this plane. He moves on to a higher level of existence, but his impact on me and others in this community will live on with us, and with everyone we touch. Safe travels on your journey Dave, I miss you greatly, and hope to be able to buy you a beer some day on the "other side".