Originally posted on 04/26/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by getlucky2win View Post
So how did u make millions jibz? We all want to retire and bet on sports like u

You ask and I will tell - My business ventures that made my bank roll what it is today - The story of Jibs

Real Estate and construction.. I'm a license contractor for starters and that made me the most money to date..

- Real Estate - I started early on in life in my 20's and made it my long term investment planning. I had some money saved, read books on commercial investments. Worked to get my contractors license.. I learned how to repair and remodel run down properties.. Have vision, looked at the surrounding neighbor hoods and the potential of a specific run down property.. Hooked up with good lenders, bank REO's and multiple good real estate agents.. Kept my eyes open always and feelers out.. Drove around town and wrote down the phone numbers of distressed properties. Made sure to make low ball offers constantly until one stuck.. Started with doing home rehabs.. Sat on my investments for years and they payoff today.

That started and ended in my 20's.. I ran out of money and borrowing power.. I had to start a business now..

In my early 30's I decided to run my own repair company -
I thought of a market that was untouched and untapped and went with it.. The restaurant repair business at night hours.I set up my own company, hired workers and created work crews that could work thru the night hours and I paid them all very well... I handed out flyers and advertised to restaurant owners and restaurant managers about my repair company that can work at "night time after opening hours" as to not disturb their daily operating profits. My repair business absolutely took off and blew up almost over night... My repair and remodel company fit a perfect nitch for restaurants owners so that didn't want to close down business for repairs, additions or health and safety repairs during the business hours.. They could still make money and not shut down the restaurant in other words working with me. I also specialized with restaurant repairs and developed solid references in no time.. The word got out quickly.. I worked well with heath inspectors too.... To this day you still can't find repair companies that are willing to work thru the night, they just don't exist...

I charged alot and the restaurants paid alot happily.. Did that for about 5 years until I started to get sick and unhealthy working night hours.. It became a grind and I shut it down to get healthy again and to also start sports gambling full time... Made several hundred grand every year doing that restaurant repair business.. I got so big I had to turn down work constantly in the end.. I worked for food chains like PF Changs, El Chollo's, Red Lobster, Islands, and several fast food chains, etc.. etc.. I was getting work out of State if wanted thru the chains..

This repair business is still wide open for anyone that knows repairs and construction and has a contractors license. Hardest part is finding quality workers that can work thru the night when the restaurant hours are closed down... The workers can't be on drugs and or steal shit.. Once you get thru the screening process and hire on the right people it's all gravy and you will make crazy bank night after night for just simple repairs... You will need need workers comp and insurance which is costly.. Need to hire a payroll company and tax accountant, you need to get a business license and business account.. You will need to learn how to bid jobs and that comes in time.. Most importantly you will need to be able to work the night crews and sleep partly thru the days, find time to bid jobs in the day or evening hours daily.. That was the biggest killer for me...

I can open this business up again today if I wanted to and make a killing again, I think I could make a half million a year doing it now... I don't want to though..

Oh I was able to save money in my late teens and early 20's selling ice cream on the beach.. I saved thousands and also worked for a property management company out of college for years before going out on my own. I saved about a 100 grand and then quit my job and the ice cream selling...

In my late teens I sold ice cream at the beaches - I bought a few big coolers with handles on each side and filled the bottoms with dry ice, found a whole sale ice cream vendor and bought 200 or more ice cream sandwiches and big sticks for 10 cents each.. Filled the coolers up and stuffed them in my car and headed down to the beach... I sold them for $2 each on the beach soft sand. Was hard carrying a 100 pound cooler screaming ice cream sandwiches, big sticks.. On a hot day or weekend I'd sell fast and the cooler got light fast.. I walked miles though at times and saw many hot chicks in bikini's every weekend.. You can do the math as I made 300-900 bucks a day doing that.. People weren't happy about paying the 2 bucks back then either but on hot days they paid.. Soda's worked too but they were too heavy to carry and I didn't profit as much...

Today those ice cream sandwiches would probably sell for 3 bucks each.. Anyways during the week I would make 300 bucks or so and on the weekend I would make double.. Holidays like 4th of July or Memorial day I'd pull in sometimes a $1000 or more and absolutely work my ass off.. Summertime job though.. This is another small business that is still wide open today if you live near a beach that is crowded..

Had a sports writing job for a short while and quit that, now I just sports gamble and live off that and my Real Estate rents that I receive every month..

That's my story in a nut shell and I'm not any better or smarter then anyone else, just worked hard and tried to work smart, had no choice.... Damn that got to be a long read..