Originally posted on 12/31/2015:

This whole SEC pride stuff probably originated from a bunch of dumb rednecks that root for teams that suck ass. It's not like every team in the SEC has been winning championships. It's essentially been LSU, Florida, and Alabama.

Do you want to know why those teams were so successful the past 10 years? They had the two best coaches in the country. Saban built LSU into what it is now and continued winning championships at Bama while Urban Meyer did his thing at Florida. The majority of the SEC teams have never won anything.

Kentucky - Never won shit
Vanderbilt - Never won shit
South Carolina - They pretend to be elite sometimes but still have never won shit
Ole Miss - Haven't won shit in over 50 years
Miss. State - Never won Shit
Arkansas - "Claimed" one title over 50 years ago
Georgia - Have won 1 national title in the last 70 years
Tennessee - Have won 1 national title in the last 50 years

I've never understood the conference pride stuff. I don't really care what the Big 12 does in bowl games because I'm an OU fan. OU's brand stands on their own so I don't have to ride the coattails of other programs. For example, OU has more national titles that LSU and Florida combined. Why in the hell would I be so concerned with the other teams in the league?

So when Bob Stoops called out the SEC and then beat the shit out of Alabama in the Sugar bowl two years ago, you probably heard OU fans chanting Boomer Sooner instead of Big 12. Chanting a conference name after you win is just stupid.