Originally posted on 12/02/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
good point seto you got me there and can you be the top 10 greatest with only 1 mvp
He would have won 1 or 2 more if not for the whole rape thing...

I mean we all have our criteria. The 2 things I value most when I judge a star player are 1) How many championships did you win? 2) What kind of competition were you up against in the playoffs in the years you won and the years you lost?

For instance I did gain some respect for LeBron James in how he made last year's Finals interesting. But I just can't get out of my head how easy it has been for him to make the Finals every year. He needs to beat a couple more Elite teams (so basically, West teams) to be in the conversation to me.

If some people (not saying you) would rather compare players by using player effiency ratings and stuff like that, that's their choice. I think it's misguided but they're entitled to their opinion. But they're generally the kind of people who get caught up in this whole thing of harping constantly on "unselfishness" and "team players" and who thought the Nuggets had a shot in the West in 2013 and the Hawks had a shot at beating the Cavs last year because they embodied what they think a team should be. The fact is that you don't win without stars in the playoffs.