Originally posted on 09/16/2015:

Even non believers like myself like to believe this. If someone wants to believe in a guy who keeps tabs on you and at the end of the game, decides where you sit on idle for eternity, so be it.

However, that's not always the case. Whether it's some gal who won't do her job and serve a beer on a flight, some pharmacist who won't fill a prescription, the kentucky $80,000 year CLERK who won't stamp a paper for a gay couple.

Then there's this....

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/15/non...ho-refuse.html

Holly Salzman of Albuquerque, New Mexico went to court to resolve coparenting issues with her ex-husband. The judge ordered Salzman to attend 10 sessions with a counselor named Mary Pepper (Photo). When Salzman went to the first session, Pepper began praying out loud, Salzman objected but Pepper told her, "well this is what I do." When Salzman attended the next session, Pepper prayed out loud again and spoke at length about God. Salzman asked the court to let her see another counselor, but the court never responded. Salzman stopped seeing Pepper and the court took her sons away.
I get it - maybe she's a crappy mom. Had it been my own kids, I'd have just paid the cash under the table and faked it through the God stuff, but this is where this shit (religion) treads outside the realm of innocent fantasy silliness and adversely affects the lives of others.