Originally posted on 01/05/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
My big parlays pay off enough times that I'm profitable, so have no worries. I was risking a few hundred, but would have cashed thousands if it had hit. The actual loss doesn't hurt, it's the idea of losing the potential winnings that hurts. It wouldn't hurt as bad if the fight was stopped at the end of round 1, which it nearly was.... but the fact that that there was only 3 seconds left and the dude just drops and quits is what rubs me the wrong way.

I've had a lot of busted parlays in recent weeks, sure, but I've hit so many big ones that the losses haven't yet come close to making a dent.

Hit so many huge ones for UFC 165 that I could continue to do terribly for the next few weeks and I'd still be up.

Last time I hit a lot of big parlays were for Invicta/WSOF, though that wasn't a great week 'cos I lost big on UFC.
Jesus Christ. Talk about setting the bar low. You're a (semi-)professional gambler considering your involvement with the MMAOB website. Your goal should not be being "above $0", it should be making sufficient money to sustain a living (if professional) or a significant supplemental income (if semi-professional). And that means using all the tools necessary to get better at your craft.

Suggesting that you being "profitable" makes it A-Okay is like someone asking an illegal alien Walmart employee if they're getting paid enough money (say @ 50 cents/hour) to sustain a living and they respond "Hey, I'm not volunteering so therefore I'm in good shape."

Your justification is just a trainwreck to read through with anecdotal glory stories and footnotes of losses around said events.

You should be striving to perfect your craft. If you're not, anyone with rudimentary betting knowledge & knowledge of your personality should avoid tailing your betting advice at all costs. It may be beneficial to read your articles on MMAOB as your MMA analysis is respectable but your betting strategy is just a train wreck that keeps smashing objects in its path.

I guess if you're still making these rookie errors despite Nunya & Uncle Nick taking you under their wings, I'm just wasting my time. I truly want to see you do well but it's just becoming aggravating trying to help someone who refuses to help themselves at this point...