Originally posted on 07/24/2012:

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
I agree with one thing you said.....it's a big election in "my country".

So let's see if I can ramp up my intellect and reply to you in a civilized manner.

This is a thread about the President of the United States. You are a foreigner. So I fail to see why you feel the need to give your opinion on an issue which you clearly have no say, and more importantly, no vote.

I think that was a very mature, respectful reply by me. Typically I would simply go with "Hey foreigner....fukk off and mind your business!"

Now that I think about it....lets go with the latter anyway!!
This is hilarious:after I said it was pathetic to argue via an army of logical fallacies...you ignore my comments and take one massive stab at me that happens to be a fallacy in itself.

You're right, I am Canadian. I am not American, and I won't be voting in your upcoming election. But let's follow your argument:
1.You are foreign
2.Foreigners do not vote in this election.

ergo:

Your opinions are all irrelevant.

The fact is, Opie, that the worth of my comments are not contingent on my nationality. They have worth based on their own merit. Denouncing my comments in the same way you just did is similar to claiming the following:

Person A is a scientist and Person B is not. Person B, while not being a scientist, manages to make a minor scientific discover. Person A (the scientist) denounces it, not because the science is wrong, but because Person B is not a scientist. It looks like this in logic:

1. Person B is not a scientist
2. Scientists only make scientific discoveries

ergo:

Person B could not have made this discovery.

I've tried to make this as simple as possible for you. I don't like flaming like you, but here it's called for:
You are a self-entitled bigot with an over-inflated sense of self worth.
And for the record: This election matters BIG time to me, whether I can vote in it or not.
America is the most influential country in the world and it will effect me. I discuss it rationally with my American friends and they would be embarrassed to call you a compatriot.