Quote Originally Posted by LearningTree View Post
That's the best joke you can come up with? Eek.

I want to watch the best fighters fight each other. I don't try to live vicariously through MMA fighters and cheer for them no matter what, which is why I think so many MMA fans are such sad people. They cheer for Wanderlei based on the past. People retire in sports when they can't produce. It's not that big of a deal, yet in MMA, these mediocre fighters like Cro Cop and Wanderlei get paid big money based on their Pride days. They don't deliver now and haven't delivered in many years. They are mediocre fighters on a good day. And it's hilarious to me that their fans treat them like they're top fighters because it says a lot about them as individuals whether they realize it or not.
It wasn't a joke dude, I was being serious!

SO did Wanderlei not deliver last night then? You do realise he was the underdog and won the fight last right? I assume you also think Big Nog is mediocre then?
You're clearly one of these wannabe elitists who tries to make out that they only want to watch the "best fighters" fight each other, but do you define "best fighters"? Does this mean that you only want to watch GSP fight somebody like Jon Fitch every few months? Or watch Anderson Silva fight Jon Jones repeatedly? There can't just be elite fighters, there has to be a middle level and a lower level - but just because they are at a lower to middle level doesn't make them mediocre fighters, they are still in the top 0.000001% of the best on the planet!