On my preview I said that the Hornets matchup pretty well against the Sixers. Philadelphia is a fast break minded team who likes to attack the post and they are on the top 3 of these categories. The problem for them is that the Hornets are also in the top 4 of allowing fast break points and points in the paint, so this team has the tools to stop defensively the Sixers. It’s not a mere coincidence that they are 3-0 against the Sixers since last season winning by 15, 19 and 21 points! However this is a back to back game for the Hornets and they are an awful team playing in such scenario, as away underdogs they are 1-7 ATS with the only cover being made in the first back to back game of the season!

The coincidence between all of those wins against the Sixers is that all 3 games ended being under: 165, 171 and 187 points. I expect the same thing to happen tonight. The Hornets have now Tyson Chandler and he is their best shot blocker and against the Sixers he will be extremely useful. The Sixers are coming from a brutal home loss against Orlando. I remember that they led the game as many as 13 points late on the game, but they were outscored by 20-36 in the fourth quarter. They are a great team at bouncing back from bad defensive performances, as the Under is 5-1-1 in the Sixers last 7 games after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game. The Sixers have been playing great defense as home favorites, this is easy to understand because they know that only sticking to their defense, they have chances to execute their precious fast break points. In fact, the Under is 22-8 in the Sixers last 30 games as a home favorite of 0.5-4.5 and 10-0 Under as a home favorite of 6 points or less this season. I think that this game will end in the low’s 180 points and that’s why I’m taking the Under in here.

Pick : Under 189.5
Odds : 1.91
Stake : 6 / 10
Bookmaker : Bookmaker