THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC Fight Night: Edgar vs. Faber (May 16, 2015)

FOX Sports 1, 10 a.m. ET
    Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber
    Gegard Mousasi vs. Costas Philippou
    Luke Barnatt vs. Mark Munoz
    Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Neil Magny
    Yui Chul Nam vs. Phillipe Nover
    Mark Eddiva vs. Levan Makashvili

FOX Sports 1, 8 a.m. ET
    Tae Hyun Bang vs. Jon Tuck
    Kajan Johnson vs. Lipeng Zhang
    Li Jingliang vs. Dhiego Lima
    Ning Guangyou vs. Royston Wee

UFC Fight Pass, 7 a.m. ET
    Jon Delos Reyes vs. Roldan Sangcha-an
    Nolan Ticman vs. Zhuikui Yao

Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Luke Barnatt at - 145 over the washed up 37 year old Mark Munoz seems like the play.. Mark Munoz probably gets KO'd again if I had to guess.. Must win for both fighters anyways IMO... Luke Barnatt isn't anything special though but I find it absolutely impossible to bet on Mark Munoz ever again based on his recent performances.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Luke-Barnatt-56567

Faber at those odds I think is worth a try as well... Faber should give Frankie Edgar a solid run for his money.. Similar fighting styles and strengths going in anyways which should make it a close match up.. Submission game probably favors Urijah as well.. Other then Faber's losses in recent years to Barao he's been rolling of late.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847 at 35 years of age I'm thinking Faber still has something left to prove..

Also love Neil Magny and Gegard Mousasi...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-07-15 at 03:13 PM.

GR33D
    GR33D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4086

edgar v faber, potential to be one of the best fights of the year IMO.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Luke Barnatt at - 145 over the washed up 37 year old Mark Munoz seems like the play.. Mark Munoz probably gets KO'd again if I had to guess.. Must win for both fighters anyways IMO... Luke Barnatt isn't anything special though but I find it absolutely impossible to bet on Mark Munoz ever again based on his recent performances.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Luke-Barnatt-56567

Faber at those odds I think is worth a try as well... Faber should give Frankie Edgar a solid run for his money.. Similar fighting styles and strengths going in anyways which should make it a close match up.. Submission game probably favors Urijah as well.. Other then Faber's losses in recent years to Barao he's been rolling of late.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Urijah-Faber-8847 at 35 years of age I'm thinking Faber still has something left to prove..

Also love Neil Magny and Gegard Mousasi...
    Just watched Mike Ricci put out Neil Magny on the TUF show the other day.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    Just watched Mike Ricci put out Neil Magny on the TUF show the other day.
    How long ago was that? Didn't count as a legal win if that did happen? I don't remember that happening but I stopped watching the TUF shows years ago..

Magny is on a tear with his last straight 6 UFC wins, he beat Tim Means during that stretch which was an impressive feat to accomplish. Be very careful betting against Neil Magny right now Unc...

Besides that he's fighting an Asian dude in Lim which is always a good sign for betting against at the UFC level..

-115 for Magny is gift right now IMO with this fight..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Neil-Magny-69166
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-08-15 at 09:37 AM.

yacuna island
    yacuna island's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

All the fights before Magny's are a big no go zone for me.

No idea who these people are, but yeah Magny and Barnett seem the go.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47527

Quote Originally Posted by yacuna island View Post
    All the fights before Magny's are a big no go zone for me.

No idea who these people are, but yeah Magny and Barnett seem the go.
    yacuna island..isn't it yanuca island?

yacuna island

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    yacuna island..isn't it yanuca island?
    Yes I made a typo with my user name lol

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Didn't fare as well on the recent UFC card. Initial leans are Edgar, Mousasi, Barnatt, and Sangcha. Also, like Lim but Magny will probably beat him.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Got lit up in the last 2 UFC events which I can't remember happening in years so I'm staying neutral in my posts now.. Gonna work hard to get my mojo back.. You pick just offering up some ideas and facts...

Nover +165 against Nam -178

Looking at Phillipe Nover he has fought in the ufc 5 years ago and lost all 3 fights and got the boot. He's been fighting and training in MMA since 2003... Recently he has won his last 3 fights as to be expected in the lessor organizations like Bellator and ROC which got him the ticket back into the UFC.. Seems like he's winning now anyways which is a good sign at age 31 and he could be ready this second go around to represent in the big show.. Renzo gracie trained guy which is nothing to brag about these days and he is a submission and decision based fighter first..http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Phillipe-Nover-7415

Korean dude Yui Nam http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Yui-Chul-Nam-15987.. Has many pro fights under his belt at age 33 and is a veteran I guess but his experience comes in lessor organizations against lessor fighters.. Won his first UFC fight by a very close split decision against another Asian fighter in Kazuki... Striker first with 9 KO victories in 22 pro fights which is a concern going into this match up when betting on Nover...

Nover has only been stopped once in 15 pro fights by KO so I suppose he has a decent chin.. Went to decision against guys like Efrain Escudero, Tony Martin, and Robert Emerson... Ground game should favor Nover by a large margin...

Both size up equally at 5'9"... Youtube has both fighter vids to match up styles if you take the time to watch....

Conclusion -Live dog maybe in Nover straight you decide?... Wait for props to come out for Nover win by submission maybe?.. Could take Nam by KO also perhaps on the flip side? Fight could also go to decision where either fighter the victor?

Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-10-15 at 10:18 PM.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Going to poundtown -120 Neil Magny, 5 unit play
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Edgars gonna work Faber. Stronger in every area. Faber needs a Mayner type lucky punch to have success.

John Bugara
    John Bugara's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 336

Went 2 units and change to win 1 on frankie and mous parlay. Also placed a unit on Phillipe based on the above write up. Going with Lim over Magny as well. While magny is great and on a tear, he usually enjoys a huge reach advantage which he won't have this time around. Also Lim is extremely aggressive and throws heat which is a good way to deal with Magny's stick and move approach.

nanderson1134
    nanderson1134's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6285

Edgar wins by ko

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Tuck, Magny , Edgar

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Tuck, Magny , Edgar
    Tuck and Magny are solid plays me tinks.. I concur Paper and I'm in like Flynn.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

asian fade looks solid on this card.

PaperTrail07

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Tuck and Magny are solid plays me tinks.. I concur Paper and I'm in like Flynn.

TheCalculator
    TheCalculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5633

Frankly shocked at Edgar/Faber odds. Pounded Faber by sub at +1500 (one of the craziest lines I've ever seen IMO). Will add more on Faber straight. I think this fight is a PK. I was expecting even odds on both fighters. Faber will not be fazed by Edgar's movements. Faber hits harder... and is a master at taking advantage of mistakes (and get submissions). Will be interesting to see if Faber can out grapple Edgar.

PaperTrail07

3 rounder I might take a flyer on fab......5 rounder edgar easy IMO

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedUp View Post
    Still can't get got over Hatsu Hioki getting dropped in the last UFC card. I bet on Hioki as the big favorite while chasing, big mistake as should have known better!!!...

Learned my lesson as more often then not the Asians get worked over in the UFC straight up.. I believe Zuffa keeps bringing them in to continue to boost up the Asian fan base and for PR.. No pun or prejudice intended as there are some very talented Asian MMA fighters but just not enough to represent at the UFC level lately...

Good luck Juiced as I'm with ya on the Asian fade with this card big time...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-12-15 at 12:56 PM.

PaperTrail07

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

Both analyst going with eddiva the +300 underdog. That should have you think twice about taking their advice. Look at the record of maskashvili and look on that of eddiva...i mean... *** øn

tebowned
    tebowned's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 423

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    Both analyst going with eddiva the +300 underdog. That should have you think twice about taking their advice. Look at the record of maskashvili and look on that of eddiva...i mean... *** øn

I favor Levan but think Eddiva's TDD, size, and leg kicks are gonna give him trouble.

yacuna island

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
    Frankly shocked at Edgar/Faber odds. Pounded Faber by sub at +1500 (one of the craziest lines I've ever seen IMO). Will add more on Faber straight. I think this fight is a PK. I was expecting even odds on both fighters. Faber will not be fazed by Edgar's movements. Faber hits harder... and is a master at taking advantage of mistakes (and get submissions). Will be interesting to see if Faber can out grapple Edgar.
    Re watch Faber's fights with Rivera and Careres.

Careres stuffed Faber's takedowns against the fence and tagged him in a couple of exchanges.

Yes Faber subbed him but it was a pretty close fight up until then.

I don't see any value in Faber's line.

There's very little chance he subs Frankie, dead money chasing those big numbers

bjpenn85

Eddiva is a good fighter, probably a lot better than most of us expected. Still he hasnt fought a murderers row exaxtly, while makashvili easily beat bezerra. In a straight kickboxing match i favoure eddiva. I think trying to go for legkicks will be eddivas downfall, because levan is looking for taking you down for that shit.

Pmoney
    Pmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

There is too many Asians on this card who are we fading actually???

bjpenn85

every name that looks like shing shong chinaman

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fading Asians - In order from card start...

I'll be parlay'ing in 2's in no specific order but by near equal odds for each parlay play with the favorites... Dog plays straight...

Yao,
    Sangcha-an
    Jingliang
    Zhang
    Hyun Bang
    Chul Nam
    Gyu Lim
    Mark Munoz
    Phillippou

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

Quote Originally Posted by Pmoney View Post
    There is too many Asians on this card who are we fading actually???
    ALL of them

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Fade the Americans.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Unwritten Law 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UncleChael
    Tell 'em UncleChael sent ya
    UncleChael's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

All in Mark Munoz... I don't see why he can't just wrestle him for 15 minutes.. against someone named Luke Barnett.

Pmoney
    Pmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

ALL of them

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChael View Post
    All in Mark Munoz... I don't see why he can't just wrestle him for 15 minutes.. against someone named Luke Barnett.
    Cause his chin is shot at age 37 and he'll probably get dropped standing first as his wrestling has basically abandoned him in recent fights.. Dude can't take a punch anymore and he reminds me alot of Josh Koscheck these days in nut shell.....

When is the last time we've seen Munoz use his wrestling to win a fight? http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mark-Munoz-22411 Huge reach and height advantage going into this one for the Brit Luke..

Good luck with that play Unc as Luke kinda sucks too so you never know???

I just don't trust Mark Munoz's chin as he likes to stand and throw bombs these days.. I don't trust his wrestling anymore either.. His confidence has to be rattled losing his last 3 fights in the first round as well... All ugly losses...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-13-15 at 05:43 PM.

1234 Last