Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Please help, sold Bitcoin three days ago and not yet in my checking account

Is that normal?? I saw a notification at the time of selling the bitcoin that said it would be in my account by yesterday, Thursday.

If there's an issue, I don't even know whom I contact or what I do?

Thanks!

thordin86
    thordin86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5739

who did you sell it to?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by thordin86 View Post
    who did you sell it to?
    Oh, sorry, thought I wrote that. Did the sale from my Coinbase account, I just clicked Sell Bitcoins, or whatever, and sold my balance in there. Which was .4801 Bitcoins, $597 or something at the time, so minus the fee it came out to $585.08. I had previously set up my checking account in there, back in January. It did the two microdeposits into my checking, thus verifying the account. But no $$ in there yet.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Capybara; 03-17-17 at 01:39 PM.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

One time I withdrew on Circle and it took 7 days to get my money when every previous withdrawal took exactly 2 business days (including day of withdrawal if early enough)

I was very concerned at the time when I didnt get my money on time and the explanation from circle was simply "we were having trouble with our processor, the ach has been resubmitted and should be in your bank within the next few days"

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Capybara View Post

Oh, sorry, thought I wrote that. Did the sale from my Coinbase account, I just clicked Sell Bitcoins, or whatever, and sold my balance in there. Which was .4801 Bitcoins, $597 or something at the time, so minus the fee it came out to $585.08. I had previously set up my checking account in there, back in January. It did the two microdeposits into my checking, thus verifying the account. But no $$ in there yet.

Thoughts?
    Is there any chance you have just sold your bitcoin for US$ but haven't asked for a withdraw Cappy?

You have both a bitcoin and a US$ wallet there.

It should only take 1 business day to hit your account if you did initiate a withdraw.

Have you emailed support@coinbase.com ?

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Is there any chance you have just sold your bitcoin for US$ but haven't asked for a withdraw Cappy?

You have both a bitcoin and a US$ wallet there.

It should only take 1 business day to hit your account if you did initiate a withdraw.

Have you emailed support@coinbase.com ?
    Yes, emailed earlier today, so we'll see what I hear.

There do not appear to be two processes (sell + withdraw) -- it appears that when you "sell," as part of that process it's supposed to go into your designated account, which for me is my checking acct.

I even got an email that day that said this:

This email is to confirm that you initiated a sell of 0.4801 BTC on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:28:58 -0700.
    $585.08 USD will arrive in your account (NAME OF MY BANK... *****----) by March 16, 2017.

Optional

Not sure then.

It just won't go smoothly for you eh!

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Yes, emailed earlier today, so we'll see what I hear.

There do not appear to be two processes (sell + withdraw) -- it appears that when you "sell," as part of that process it's supposed to go into your designated account, which for me is my checking acct.

I even got an email that day that said this:

This email is to confirm that you initiated a sell of 0.4801 BTC on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:28:58 -0700.
    $585.08 USD will arrive in your account (NAME OF MY BANK... *****----) by March 16, 2017.
    Yes it is a normal process - once you hit that Sell button, it should automatically initiate a transfer of the funds to the destination of your choice (In your case your checking acct).

Now you need to:
    a. Call your bank and ask them, if they have any Pending transfers for you.

and if they don't

b. Contact Coinbase and ask what's up.

soxwin1917
    soxwin1917's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1922

Good luck with B. Coinbase has pound for pound the slowest responding customer service in the industry.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Is this your very first withdraw with coinbase? the first one usually takes a couple extra days then smooth after that

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by soxwin1917 View Post
    Good luck with B. Coinbase has pound for pound the slowest responding customer service in the industry.
    Yeah, I'm gearing up for a long delay here.
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Is this your very first withdraw with coinbase? the first one usually takes a couple extra days then smooth after that
    Yup. We're at four full days right now with nothing, so we shall see. I have a hard time believing my money is just gone, but I don't understand how this industry works enough to know where it "is" and what's actually happening. All I can do is try not to stress about it until I hear (or see) something.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    My first one took less than two days. Wednesday afternoon to Friday morning or something like that.

chosen4th

Yeah, I'm gearing up for a long delay here.

Yup. We're at four full days right now with nothing, so we shall see. I have a hard time believing my money is just gone, but I don't understand how this industry works enough to know where it "is" and what's actually happening. All I can do is try not to stress about it until I hear (or see) something.
    You cannot count a saturday as a day.. if its not in your bank by monday theres something wrong.. My first withdraw with them i did on a Wednesday and got it on a Monday.. i think i even posted in here because i was freaking out..

Best cashout = bitcoin ATM's.. less fees than coin base.. money(cash) within minutes

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Update: It's now been six days and nothing in my checking. Have not heard back from Coinbase yet from the email I sent Friday, but Soxwin above says they are notoriously slow. So who knows when this gets resolved?

I mean I am new to this. From those of you who know the biz, is there a chance I never see my $585 here?? Or is it just a case of some administrative screwup that has to eventually get sorted out? But what if I never hear back from Coinbase, I guess I'm just fukked?? It's not like there's someone you can call on the phone, is there?? I'm old-school and don't like all this crap with websites and behind the scenes shit I don't understand.

Is there a chance of something corrupt here, or is it just a screwup? I mean I know they had my correct checking account info because I got the two micro-deposits at the time of verifying the account.

Wish I knew what the fukk is going on. I don't suppose anyone here knows anyone who can help me get to the bottom of anything, do you?
    Last edited by Capybara; 03-20-17 at 02:58 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

That sucks. Coinbase is the worst. I sent them an email once about changing my phone number. They replied 30 days later with a standard reply. I explained I already tried that and sent them another email. It's been 2 months and no reply. Fuk them. Hopefully you get your money.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Like I said earlier, one time on Circle it took at least 7 days, I requested on a Fri morning expecting to hit Monday morning and it didn't hit until the following Monday.

Odds are your money is not gone, but some coinbase incompetency has it stuck somewhere. Or possible ponzi shit..

Optional

Update: It's now been six days and nothing in my checking. Have not heard back from Coinbase yet from the email I sent Friday, but Soxwin above says they are notoriously slow. So who knows when this gets resolved?

I mean I am new to this. From those of you who know the biz, is there a chance I never see my $585 here?? Or is it just a case of some administrative screwup that has to eventually get sorted out? But what if I never hear back from Coinbase, I guess I'm just fukked?? It's not like there's someone you can call on the phone, is there?? I'm old-school and don't like all this crap with websites and behind the scenes shit I don't understand.

Is there a chance of something corrupt here, or is it just a screwup? I mean I know they had my correct checking account info because I got the two micro-deposits at the time of verifying the account.

Wish I knew what the fukk is going on. I don't suppose anyone here knows anyone who can help me get to the bottom of anything, do you?
    Almost zero chance your money will be lost.

It does sound unusual now though.

I'd be thinking it was to do with the recent price fluctuations and them trying to manage things to take the least loss, but no one else has posted about having the same problem.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Update: Money finally arrived!

Took exactly one week from the sale.

So are there alternatives to Coinbase? I mean I just followed the SBR video instructions. Still don't fully even understand how all this works. I thought Coinbase was *the* exchange, but I guess it's one of many? Still don't even understand what actually *happens* when you *sell* your bitcoins from an exchange, don't know who *gets* them and don't know how they get the money into your account.

But then again, I don't understand much to do with financial markets. In college, I was a solid student, but I received exactly two grades below a C in classes. You guessed it: ECO 108 and ECO 207.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Capybara 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chosen4th

So are there alternatives to Coinbase? I mean I just followed the SBR video instructions. Still don't fully even understand how all this works. I thought Coinbase was *the* exchange, but I guess it's one of many? Still don't even understand what actually *happens* when you *sell* your bitcoins from an exchange, don't know who *gets* them and don't know how they get the money into your account.

But then again, I don't understand much to do with financial markets. In college, I was a solid student, but I received exactly two grades below a C in classes. You guessed it: ECO 108 and ECO 207.
    Wow glad to hear you finally got it... FYI i did a coinbase withdraw for 2985 on monday, they said it would be in today.. its not, im expecting a similar delay.. after your story and now mine not being in on time, im sticking 100% to the Bitcoin ATMs

Check https://coinatmradar.com/ to see if there is a bitcoin atm near you.. ive said in previous threads, you get money quicker than coinbase and the fees are generally lower for selling

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

One alternative in the us is gemini exchange, set up by the twins who sued facebook. they have an option to link the exchange to many different bank accounts, I dont know if its faster than coinbase tho.