RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Is Michael Keaton for best actor Free Money?

I've seen NONE of the movies that the actors are nominated in but all I keep hearing about is this Birdman performance.
    My book has this open and I feel like taking it for 200...

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking was pretty impressive. Keaton should win but def not worth big juice .

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

Worst nominees ever.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Birdman was a great movie. Saw it in the theater. Best Keaton performance ever for sure--it was like he was playing himself.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

The Drop was my favorite movie.
    Sniper a distant second.
    Why no nomination for Eastwood? I'm not a huge fan but, it still seems odd.
    I thought Birdman was retarded. I don't want to get into it

Besides the unique shooting circumstances in Boyhood it was a solid 6 out of 10 about a divorced family with sporadic comments on life & love.
    They may as well have nominated
    What a pathetic year.
    Has anyone seen Danny Collins?
    Any good?
    Don't bet on the Oscars, the books know whose gonna win already

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

I love the OP's name.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

I dunno if it's a lock. I'm still trying to understand how da fuk jake gyllenhall didn't get even get nominated for nightcrawler

Did anyone else see night crawler? Dude was awesome n creepy as fuk!!!! Carries the whole film

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    I dunno if it's a lock. I'm still trying to understand how da fuk jake gyllenhall didn't get even get nominated for nightcrawler

Did anyone else see night crawler? Dude was awesome n creepy as fuk!!!! Carries the whole film
    would u say that was a horror movie?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    would u say that was a horror movie?
    NO.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Boyhood -2000

Julianne Moore -3300. ?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    NO.
    oh ok it looks good smokie... looks like a good suspense movie

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Eddie Redmayne as Stephen Hawking was pretty impressive. Keaton should win but def not worth big juice .
    Sup Marques. Unfortunately, many times the most impressive performance isn’t the winner. But who knows?

Anyway, I think you mean not worth the high price. Without at least estimating the real odds of the event, it is very difficult to calculate the "juice" or vig or commission.

But you are right. Make no mistake, in a market like this one, regardless of the price, every bet offered will have a ridiculously high juice. It's not limited to one actor. It is also a tendency to have actually slightly less juice on the lower odds contenders and the juice will increase as you get into the underdogs and move down the list.

In other words, you may be paying less commission with -200 than you will with +500.

And remember, SBR; only the winners pay the “juice” while the losers just lose their bet.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

No. Not a horror movie in terms of jump scares n such. It's more of a creepy satire about today's world of competive ratings in the news media n a portrait about a sociopath working his way up as a guy who films crimes scenes then sells the footage to news channels.

Seriously tho, still scratching my head as to why he didn't get a nomination. It reminded me so much of De niros performance in Taxi driver.

But if u want my opinion its probably between keaton n the stephen hawking guy.

Megan Rochester
    Megan Rochester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13005

Eddie Redmayne in The Theory of Everything now tops the odds for Best Actor at -333 at SlyBet. He already took the title at the Golden Globes as well as the SAG Awards putting his chances for the win at the Oscars to 75.93 percent!

Personally, I'm hoping for the win with this guy. He took on an incredible challenge to depict the life of Stephen Hawking.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I just saw birdman recently and liked it but don't think it came close to Nightcrawler especially for best actor. The most impressive thing about birdman was the way it was directed/cut, the story itself was truly irrelevant.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Sup, Fellas?

Personal fave movies of the year that I saw:

Whiplash
    Boyhood
    Guardians of the Galaxy

All great for all different reasons. Those of you who love music and/or love J.K. Simmons at his most brutal NEED to see Whiplash. Role was made for him!

Movies that were heavily nominated that I DIDN'T LIKE AT ALL: Birdman, Grand Budapest Hotel.

Birdman was a marvel as far as the camera work, but the script was crap to me. It was pretentious and featured zero believable or developed characters. Grand Budapest Hotel is not even remotely funny IMHO, but I hate Wes Anderson movies except for Rushmore, which had its moments, and Fantastic Mr. Fox, which was cool.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

So guess not...