mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Falcons @ Vikings...what a stinky line

Birds are -3 +100 cmonnn just begging for action...this game is like the girl at the local bar you know has herpes...Avoid

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Pretty bad line for an away team. No begging going on here.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Thats what happens when you score 50+ in an Nfl game.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

With Bridgewater (and there is film on him), no Rudolph or AP. I guess they think Asiata and Paterson are going to go off and Mike Smith will be ultra conservative like he was in Cincinnati, feeding SJ39 the rock on 1st and 2nd down. The game is outdoors so im going to pay close attention to the weather in this one.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    With Bridgewater (and there is film on him), no Rudolph or AP. I guess they think Asiata and Paterson are going to go off and Mike Smith will be ultra conservative like he was in Cincinnati, feeding SJ39 the rock on 1st and 2nd down. The game is outdoors so im going to pay close attention to the weather in this one.
    i really hope the switch to bridgewater helps patterson cause the ap thing and cassel being a scrub has killed him.. i thought teddy should have been the starter out the gates for real, the kid can play and everyone knew it until that pro day. he a upgrade over cassel all day, tape or not imo..

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

No way a rookie should be getting this kind of love. Hopefully not a back door cover.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAir View Post
    No way a rookie should be getting this kind of love. Hopefully not a back door cover.
    why? he at home, he better than the guy he replacing, and it aint just him his defense been really solid. not to mention atl outside on the road not exactly the same as atl in the dome..

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    why? he at home, he better than the guy he replacing, and it aint just him his defense been really solid. not to mention atl outside on the road not exactly the same as atl in the dome..
    Interesting stat here. How can you go against the #1 Qb in the league right now?

Ryan the #1 QB for Week 3, Julio the #1 WR. Note that Ryan was also #1 in Week 1. Protect the man, and unleash hell upon our enemies.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-rea...k-3-quick-reads

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    Birds are -3 +100 cmonnn just begging for action...this game is like the girl at the local bar you know has herpes...Avoid
    Laying points on the road is never inviting.

For me, this game really hinges on Rudolph being out. Peterson is one thing, but now another key weapon is gone, especially with a rookie QB in his first start. I'm just not sure if MIN can generate enough offense to keep pace with ATL.

Another thing is that MIN is playing outside, but it's a college stadium with field turf and a temporary home while the new stadium is being built. It's not like MIN has a decisive home advantage or tradition playing here. The weather forecast is for sunny, mild, maybe even hot weather. If ATL ever wanted to prove it can handle business on the road, this is a perfect opportunity for them.

SignThisBeast
    SignThisBeast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

There are a lot of home dogs this week. I like most of them, Oakland especially. This game, is too iffy. I can see Falcons blowing out the Vikings. But then again, you never know. Maybe Bridgewater plays well..

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

it's a bit too early in the year for any weather to be an impact in this game.
    if it was November + I would say fine, weather could hurt the Falcons
    but not in September. the trap is to read into the line and take vikings.

2daBank

Interesting stat here. How can you go against the #1 Qb in the league right now?

Ryan the #1 QB for Week 3, Julio the #1 WR. Note that Ryan was also #1 in Week 1. Protect the man, and unleash hell upon our enemies.

cause we not talking bout fantasy fb.. im not going against them anyway, just not playing them either..

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by SignThisBeast View Post
    There are a lot of home dogs this week. I like most of them, Oakland especially. This game, is too iffy. I can see Falcons blowing out the Vikings. But then again, you never know. Maybe Bridgewater plays well..
    oak isnt at home.. it one of those stupid london games...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Laying points on the road is never inviting.

For me, this game really hinges on Rudolph being out. Peterson is one thing, but now another key weapon is gone, especially with a rookie QB in his first start. I'm just not sure if MIN can generate enough offense to keep pace with ATL.

Another thing is that MIN is playing outside, but it's a college stadium with field turf and a temporary home while the new stadium is being built. It's not like MIN has a decisive home advantage or tradition playing here. The weather forecast is for sunny, mild, maybe even hot weather. If ATL ever wanted to prove it can handle business on the road, this is a perfect opportunity for them.

i was curious if it was grass or turf there, figured it was prob turf but wasnt sure. that helps atl some..

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Oakland is in London

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

weather forecast favors Atlanta.

Sunny, high 81.

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    Oakland is in London
    In case anyone is capping that game, Oakland made the trip after the game last Sunday to try and adjust to the jet lag. Miami isn't leaving until Friday.

rockhardfister

Speaking of that game. Miami has some issues right now and it is put up or shut up time for Tannihil. OAK played good enough to the Pats last week and will really play hard this week to avoid 0-4. Im on OAK.

rockhardfister

cause we not talking bout fantasy fb.. im not going against them anyway, just not playing them either..
    How about this Stat!

Teams with the most sacks:

10 - Jaguars (0-3)
    10 - Jets (1-2)
    10 - Redskins (1-2)
    9 - Chiefs (1-2)
    9 - Dolphins (1-2)

Top 5 sacks getters all have losing records at the moment. 4-11 combined.

Teams with fewest sacks:

1 - Rams (1-2)
    3 - Eagles (3-0)
    3 - Ravens (2-1)
    3 - Falcons (2-1)
    3 - Cardinals (3-0)

Bottom 5 sack getters are 11-4 (10-5 if you wanted to swap the Cardinals with the Cowboys who also have 3 sacks)

slacker00

How about this Stat!

Teams with the most sacks:

10 - Jaguars (0-3)
    10 - Jets (1-2)
    10 - Redskins (1-2)
    9 - Chiefs (1-2)
    9 - Dolphins (1-2)

Top 5 sacks getters all have losing records at the moment. 4-11 combined.

Teams with fewest sacks:

1 - Rams (1-2)
    3 - Eagles (3-0)
    3 - Ravens (2-1)
    3 - Falcons (2-1)
    3 - Cardinals (3-0)

Bottom 5 sack getters are 11-4 (10-5 if you wanted to swap the Cardinals with the Cowboys who also have 3 sacks)
    3 games is a pretty small sample size.

How about last year?
    Top 5: CAR,BUF,STL,NO,NE
    Bot 5: JAX,CHI,ATL,HOU,DET

rockhardfister

3 games is a pretty small sample size.

How about last year?
    Top 5: CAR,BUF,STL,NO,NE
    Bot 5: JAX,CHI,ATL,HOU,DET
    This is True - Its all ass-backwards...thats why I pointed it out.

slacker00

This is True - Its all ass-backwards...thats why I pointed it out.
    Small sample size means the data is spurious, meaningless. You are pointing out meaningless trivia.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

How is vikings defense? no way the lose by just 3

2daBank

Speaking of that game. Miami has some issues right now and it is put up or shut up time for Tannihil. OAK played good enough to the Pats last week and will really play hard this week to avoid 0-4. Im on OAK.
    I never fukk with those London games. Shit hard enough to cap w/o having to factor which teams travel habits are better, which team is focused and which team lives it up while there, just too much other shit to worry bout for me to even bother with..

Tommy Blingshyne
    Tommy Blingshyne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

didn't realize oakland was a city in england

rockhardfister

Small sample size means the data is spurious, meaningless. You are pointing out meaningless trivia.
    You mean it COULD be or MIGHT be meaningless, but on the other hand it may be the beginning of a trend...therefore im pointing out something before most.

Here is another one:

Ryan leads the NFL in long passes.

Ryan was 6-of-8 for 139 yards and a touchdown on passes thrown at least 15 yards downfield in Week 3. Ryan has excelled on deep passes in the Falcons this season. His 19 deep completions this season are nine more than the next closest quarterback (Alex Smith, 10).

According to NFL the Falcons have 16 pass plays of 20 plus yards this season. That's the most in the NFL this season.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

rockhardfister

I never fukk with those London games. Shit hard enough to cap w/o having to factor which teams travel habits are better, which team is focused and which team lives it up while there, just too much other shit to worry bout for me to even bother with..
    Someone in another thread said OAK arrived already to adjust and Miami is arriving later this week. Cannot verify source.

2daBank

Someone in another thread said OAK arrived already to adjust and Miami is arriving later this week. Cannot verify source.
    Yea i heard that also. seems every year 1 team goes early and 1 doesn't. I dunno if there a adv either way tho, like I said it just a game I don't get involved with ever.

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

The o/u of this game is 47, and I can't see Minnesota scoring more then 21 points.

uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

The key for Atlanta is a stable offensive line, Jake Mathews (LT) allows the Falcons to utilize a fullback. Last season without a real LT the line was in shambles. Week 2 against Cincy Mathews was out. Week 3 against Tampa with Mathews they opened the game with 3 wr and fullback which gave Ryan extra pass options and pass protection. Most teams never see 2 back sets anymore, not to mention how thin most defenses are being built to stop the pass and not absorb the impact of a lead blocker. Bottom line, when Mathews plays Falcons roll and Ryan wins MVPs...and he is playing week 4.

rockhardfister

No Chad Greenway for Vikes tomorrow either. First time in 115 games.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Glad I stayed away from this, how horrible was the ATL defense tho..

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

as predicted, can't even imagine how many ppl buried themselves on Atl.